It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M$-Bill GATES and the Da-Vinci code :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Bill and Melinda Gates Bring Leonardo da Vinci�s Codex Leicester to Life
�One of the most amazing people who ever lived�

Nearly 500 years ago, after completing work on the Mona Lisa, Leonardo da Vinci wrote what has become known as the Codex Leicester, a folio of scientific observations and illustrations on natural phenomena such as water, light and gravity.

The manuscript contains Leonardo�s prescient and remarkable observations about the world around him, giving insight into the inquisitive, interdisciplinary mind that fueled both his artistic and scientific work. The Codex is notable, too, for the fact that Leonardo wrote it backwards, in Renaissance Italian, often filling pages with ideas and drawings in a non-linear sequence.

Bill Gates purchased the manuscript at auction in 1994 from the oil magnate Armand Hammer, who had renamed the manuscript the Codex Hammer. Gates restored its name to the Codex Leicester, after Thomas Coke, Earl of Leicester, whose family owned the manuscript from 1717 until 1980, when Hammer purchased it.

Before bringing the Codex to the United States, Gates allowed the manuscript to be shown in da Vinci�s native Italy, and in France. In the U.S., it was exhibited at the American Museum of Natural History in New York, and now is on display at the Seattle Art Museum.

�I�ve been fascinated by da Vinci�s work since I was 10,� says Gates. �Leonardo was one of the most amazing people who ever lived. He was a genius in more fields than any scientist of any age, and he was an astonishing painter and sculptor. His notebooks were hundreds of years ahead of their time. They anticipated submarines, helicopters and other modern inventions.

�His scientific �notebooks� are awe inspiring not simply as repositories of his remarkable ideas but as records of a great mind at work. In the pages of the Codex Leicester, he frames important questions, tests concepts, confronts challenges, and strives for answers. His writings demonstrate that creativity drives discovery, and that art and science -- often seen as opposites -- can in fact inform and influence each other.�

From the Billy homepage : www.microsoft.com...

You can find a transcription of the Codex Leceister here :

Do you think Bill GATES have a special knowledge of the Da-Vinci code ? Do you think he used this knowledge to become "master of the world" ? Who sold him the Da-Vinci Leceister codex ? (Actually, I only know that the codex was sold for $30,800,000, but I don't know who was the owner before BG). Bill GATES is the only "private" to own a Da-Vinci codex. The others Codex are all owned by museums in Italy, France and NYC.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Interesting,
He could also be interested in some works by Avicenna, Omar Khayyam, Rumi and others.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Im not saying anything against leanarido after all he had skill but lets be real theres nothing he could nave possible wrote that would help you take over the world or make tonns of money unless you are the owner of his work and sell it for millions.
Ps he was selling his stuff at the county fair like everone else it only became worth millions later . Pss michel de anglio painted the sixteenth chapel for room and board.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
Do you think Bill GATES have a special knowledge of the Da-Vinci code ?

No, Nans. Or, rather, no more than the rest of us. I read Da Vinci's notebooks when I was fairly young.

Do you think he used this knowledge to become "master of the world" ?

No, because he's hardly the "master of the world." One of the richest, yes, but you have to remember that he started out as the son of very very wealthy parents and his first company was bought from personal fortunes of his family. He founded Microsoft on his family's wealth, and made some good business decisions.

Those of us who lived through the early years of computer development remember some of the really stupid and aggravating moves made by IBM (proprietary hardware and software, and tough threats to corporate offices (I kid you not) if you didn't buy their product. Unlike IBM, who applied a lot of pressure, Microsoft didn't pressure folks into buying their operating system.

Who sold him the Da-Vinci Leceister codex ? (Actually, I only know that the codex was sold for $30,800,000, but I don't know who was the owner before BG). Bill GATES is the only "private" to own a Da-Vinci codex. The others Codex are all owned by museums in Italy, France and N"YC.

Nans... the answer was in the article: "Bill Gates purchased the manuscript at auction in 1994 from the oil magnate Armand Hammer, who had renamed the manuscript the Codex Hammer. Gates restored its name to the Codex Leicester, after Thomas Coke, Earl of Leicester, whose family owned the manuscript from 1717 until 1980, when Hammer purchased it.[

The "Da Vinci Codex" is not the same as the "Da Vinci Code." The codex has been published before as "The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci"... in fact, I do have around my house a copy of this in an English translation and I got it ... a good 30 years ago.

It contains his observations on light, on flight, and so forth. There's nothing mystical or political in it.

Again, it is NOT the same as the "Da Vinci Code" (which is a work of fiction)

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Here's one site with translated Codex on it.
www.odranoel.de...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Aye I agree with the fact that there isnt probally any money making schemes in de vinci's book., Its probally what it is. A book to which he wrote down his ideas, he thoughts. Nothing more.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
Do you think Bill GATES have a special knowledge of the Da-Vinci code ?

No, Nans. Or, rather, no more than the rest of us. I read Da Vinci's notebooks when I was fairly young.

I'm sorry Byrd, I don't know where you live but you must be councious that the difference between an artfact and a reproduction is bigger than you think. Like often in the paranormal studies, you have miss the point. Like the philosoph said : "Do inanimate Objects have a heart?". Maybe I should begin there.
Living in Paris, between all these old stones, museums and antiquities stores learnt me to believe that some artifacts can have a "power".

I know that the Da-Vinci code novel, recently issued and actually a best-seller is full of error. I live in Paris and the Da-Vinci code take place essentially here. Recently, an history PhD start to offer to tourists who want to discover Paris a "DaVinci code Tour" but the Tour should be called the "DaVinci Con Tour" regarding to the planty of errors about places and history of Paris. For an example, the author claims that the Louvres Glasse Bigger Pyramid is composed of 666 glasses triangle, but it's false, it's 674 (the masonic solar number). Another example : The author claim that Leonardo Da-Vinci was rosicrucian, but the rosicrucian order was created at least two centuries after the Da-Vinci death.

But this book put a finger on many question we can have about the Paris mysteries and the Francois Mitterand masonic/egyptologic buildings, like the glasse pyramid and the great library.

Byrd, understand at least that even if you read Da-Vinci note books, you read translations, or transcriptions, but you never hold in your hands an authentic Da-Vinci codex. Don't forget that Da-Vinci used to write all his comments in his codex invereted...this is a proof that he used to hide some knowledge.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by racos
Aye I agree with the fact that there isnt probally any money making schemes in de vinci's book., Its probally what it is. A book to which he wrote down his ideas, he thoughts. Nothing more.

Ye, of course, Bill GATES was rich before buying the codex. But I think that if he could buy the codex, it's because he might be supported by a secret society who authorised him to get this powerfull artfact.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Doubt it.

Nans, i think its is highly improbable that there is any mysterious conspiracy behind bill gates buying the codex. Lots of rich people buy various rare and valuable artifacts it doesnt mean that there are secret societies controlling the distribution of these items.

da vinci wrote lots of things but i doubt any of it was a get rich quick scheme, or a guide to taking over the world.

We need to look at this logically, making some fantasy out of nothing only helps spread the misinformation and other random conspiracies.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Byrd, understand at least that even if you read Da-Vinci note books, you read translations, or transcriptions, but you never hold in your hands an authentic Da-Vinci codex. Don't forget that Da-Vinci used to write all his comments in his codex invereted...this is a proof that he used to hide some knowledge.

If I'm not wrong, DaVinci's writing was backwards because he wrote with the left hand but he wrote as if with the right hand, so the writing was "mirrored".
If you see his writings with a mirror, they appear normal.

new topics

top topics

join