It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman

www.myfoxtampabay.com

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ive reserved my judgements till now about this sad case. I didnt want to give the same knee jerked reaction as so many others have done. Apparently now, from eye witness testimony it is actually Trayvon Martin, the young man, that was the agressor in this situation and Zimmerman was actually defending himself as he has claimed. I wonder how many main stream news networks will pick up on this or if Sharpton will recant anything or Farakan for that matter...I doubt it as they are like so many other hate stirrers.

www.myfoxtampabay.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Someone please enlighten me on how many murders occur throughout the U.S. every minute please and link to the info would be most helpful.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the resident population of the United States, projected to 03/24/12 at 22:18 UTC (EST+5) is : 313,240,210

COMPONENT SETTINGS FOR MARCH 2012

One birth every 8 seconds
One death every 12 seconds

www.census.gov...

Thank You.
Not sure if this is accurate enough, but hopefully it will give clearer picture on this issue.

Interactive Map.
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 24-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

All of this is being discussed on the main thread, it's not new and certainly not thread-worthy.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Not newsworthy???????????

Because it doesn't fit the racial agenda??

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I've tried to stay on the fence and look at it from both sides, I took this as the case before (that martin had attacked zimmerman), I said from the beginning pretty much that there was blame on both sides... Zimmerman should not of followed trayvon, he should of gotten the description and left it up to the police.

Zimmerman was most definitely over zealous, and trayvon definitely overreacted! It's a shame that it had to end in a death.

This case is not clear cut, even in light of the fact we pretty much know trayvon attacked zimmerman now.

The most unfortunate thing I think is the media circus surrounding all of this, it is fueling racial tensions! I just hope that it doesn't spark even more deaths! One is bad enough!

I kinda do feel the perhaps zimmerman should pay some sort of cost for following trayvon in the first place, but what that cost should be is hard to way up, and it could just prove to exacerbate the situation because obviously it wouldn't be anything like the punishment for murder! And that is what the family and others want.

I really hope they can work out a way to find some closer.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I have been following the story very closely, like you I have not posted on this issue until now, in this thread, I also see the big hype and propaganda behind the sad incident.

But the truth will prevail, I will not judge until everything comes out.

Still I condemn those that are falling for the hype and making a big issue because they like sheeps follow those that call themselves the leaders.

I have never been a follower.

I also was very angry that the President will dare to come out and make comments on the case, How many other teens get killed in this nation everyday? how come he never makes comments on those, just because this case is been made into a racial issue he have to open his big mouth and stick his foot in it, because that is what his comment is going to end been.

Obama should stick with politics.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

All of this is being discussed on the main thread, it's not new and certainly not thread-worthy.

I didnt realize it was allready in the main thread. But at the same token, I believe this is thread worthy as im sure the other thread is above 30 pages by now and nobody will go thru all that crap to find this very thread worthy part of the story that is coming out right now. But, if you dont fell its thread worthy, then by all means, dont comment.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

This is from the CDC but it only covers 2007 and is not per minute.

Injury Center: Violence Prevention

In the United States, violence accounts for approximately 51,000 deaths annually. Estimating the size of this economic burden is helpful in understanding the resources that could be saved if cost-effective violence prevention efforts were applied.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
ATS is way ahead of you, www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I have been following the story very closely, like you I have not posted on this issue until now, in this thread, I also see the big hype and propaganda behind the sad incident.

But the truth will prevail, I will not judge until everything comes out.

Still I condemn those that are falling for the hype and making a big issue because they like sheeps follow those that call themselves the leaders.

I have never been a follower.

I also was very angry that the President will dare to come out and make comments on the case, How many other teens get killed in this nation everyday? how come he never makes comments on those, just because this case is been made into a racial issue he have to open his big mouth and stick his foot in it, because that is what his comment is going to end been.

Obama should stick with politics.

He is sticking with politics, the same as sharpton, faraka, the new black panther party, news commentators and so on...they are doing there part to get in the lime light. The best way to do so is to jump on the bandwagon instead of waiting for all the evidence.

I live in Florida, I have a CCP, I knew something was up if the cops just let him go without arresting him at the beginning. They had to have something, and no its not cause they are corrupt. They had eye witness testimony that he was the one getting beaten. Now, if he followed the kid and kept on following him, does that give the kid the right to beat him down? If somebodys just following you are you allowed to beat them? NO. Hell, if it really bothered him he could have stood there or even kept on walking and called the cops and said "Hey, this dude is following me." and all would have worked out a lot better imo. Im willing to bet he had a cell phone like almost every other person in the US.

I just hope all these people eat their words when it comes to this.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Im sorry but if you need a gun for self defending yourself in a fist fight, right their is your problem. Yes, if Zimmerman was attacked, thats assault. However, even in an assault, killing soembody should still be murder. Im sure if Zimmerman knew actual self defence, a gun never would have or needed to have been pulled. The plain fact is this, Treyvon had no weapon on him, Zimmerman did, even when blows were exchanged, pulling a gun shows you were the weaker fighter and that you feel it nescesary to kill or maim to defend some teeth.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The whole thing is just one sick joke after another.

Kids die all the time. This one is just convenient in that it happened to be able to fuel a host of agendas questing for power.

Regardless of the facts behind the case - the whole response to it has been a stain on the concept of civilization.

I'm also with marg.... why in the hell did the President need to come out and say anything about it? He's the President, for God's sake... he shouldn't be commenting on ongoing legal cases and have some respect for the power his words have. He also chose a bad time to go sans-teleprompter with the whole: "If I had a son, he would look like trayvon..." ... really!? I hope he sat back down, later that evening; saw himself in the news, and said "... Wow... that was totally the wrong thing to say."

He has a very, very bad habit of speaking on matters he shouldn't (such as his choice to antagonize Arizona for their law regarding IDs). It's not his job to speak on legal matters or to "lead the people" like some kind of prophet.

... And then the media wants everyone to give their opinion on the case... because they are somehow going to tell us something we don't know, or say something they know will piss someone off and start more hooping and hollering.

It would be comical if it weren't reality.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yes I have family in Florida also, a brother and two great aunts, my husband also have family living in Florida.

I also noticed that the story was somewhat no giving away the whole scoop, specially when the shooter was not arrested, that was enough for me to wait until more information on the investigation as speculation doesn't help anything.

I can pretty much say that the interesting turn of events on the case is fueled by propaganda and agendas, eventually when all the information is on the table those that incited the racial issue and the hype will just fade in the background after the damage is done to the community.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by blupblup

Not newsworthy???????????

Because it doesn't fit the racial agenda??

Try reading,.... Moron

I said THREAD-WORTHY...

Ie, not Worthy of a separate thread, an entirely new thread discussing it.

It's being discussed on the two main threads...

Sheesh
edit on 24/3/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Blup, not the M word.

M word could be many things for example Malaka !

edit on 24-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
ATS is way ahead of you, www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join