It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pensioner who died after fall at care home..muslim nurse was praying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

hi mod

i understand that
i was not insinuating anything other than negligence
it just another blow to the care system
cheers
dave

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Going on from that place, he went into their synagogue, 10 and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to bring charges against Jesus, they asked him, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?” 11 He said to them, “If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 How much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” 13 Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other.

www.biblegateway.com...

I'm surprised there wasn't staff on hand that could have helped. Other nurses/ aides would have sufficed.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This guy should have been on an official break to pray and Not currently in charge of this woman's health. You don't let him pray while in the middle of doing his job. Sue nursing home for this.

The guy himself was most irresponsible for praying while working and willingly ignoring this woman in his care. Sue him for this.

From here on out any Muslim caught praying while currently On Duty and Not on an official break should be Fired immediately. This is for Any job anywhere. If this policy is not forced, we all should riot until it is enforced. There is no excuse for this to ever happen again.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Cool, I was just a little concerned about how the lead was framed. I know that starts in our agenda driven media, I'm not suggesting that you personally are spinning the story onto a scapegoat group for propaganda purposes.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In Islam you are allowed to stop praying during an emergency.

So this guy was not doing it right.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

From what I have read about it, if he did answer that he couldn't attend the person needing his help then he had already invalidated the prayer because he interrupted it for what he thought was something that was not a reason for him to stop praying.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I am sorry, my opinion is not going to be popular here but here goes.

If anyone working in a job that might requre rapid reponse (doctor, nurse, police, fire, etc) has a religion that may impair their obligation of rapid response, or make them unable to respond, due to prayer, etc, then they should find another job (or change religion).

I am aware that the case might have been that he was stuck on the toilet, and not prayer, and I will respond to that with, my mother, before she died, was a nurse. If an emergency came in while she was on a "bathroom break", she was expected to finish up her "bathroom break" immediately and attend her duties.

It also strikes me, that a religion that puts prayer at a higher priority than human life, is not a very nice religion at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

hya bmorris

thx for summing it all up
your words have hit the nail
cheers
dave

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BMorris
I am sorry, my opinion is not going to be popular here but here goes.
Although it sometimes looks like one, this is not a popularity contest.

If anyone working in a job that might requre rapid reponse (doctor, nurse, police, fire, etc) has a religion that may impair their obligation of rapid response, or make them unable to respond, due to prayer, etc, then they should find another job (or change religion).
The religion in question (Islam) does not impair the obligation of rapid response, specially when human life is in danger.

It also strikes me, that a religion that puts prayer at a higher priority than human life, is not a very nice religion at all.
It doesn't put prayer at a higher priority than human life, it's exactly the opposite, they specifically say that, if there is danger for someone that can be avoid (or at least they can try to avoid the danger) by the interruption of the prayer then they must do it, because the prayer can be done latter, and human life is the most valuable thing.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

That answer doesn't look quite compatible with what you said here, but that may be just my interpretation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join