It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea directs missiles towards Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

North Korea directs missiles towards Australia

www.smh.com.au

NORTH KOREA'S forthcoming missile launch will be aimed towards South-East Asia and Australia for the first time, the US has warned.

The warning was delivered in person yesterday to the Foreign Affairs Minister, Bob Carr, by a senior official in the Obama Administration, Kurt Campbell, during a visit to Sydney.

"If the missile test proceeds as North Korea has indicated, our judgment is that it will impact in an area roughly between Australia, Indonesia and the Philippines,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

"The North Korean nuclear and long-range missile plans represent a real and credible threat to the security of the region and to Australia."

So, a missile planned for next month will be shot towards/in between Australia, the Phillipenes and Indonesia, according to the US. That doesn't leave a lot of room for it to hit the ocean. I think that if Japan doesn not shoot it down, Australia should.

www.smh.com.au

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

The USA should shoot it down with either a airborn laser system or an Ageis class cruiser .

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Do we (Australia) have a missile defence system?
edit on 23-3-2012 by CaptainBeno because: missed a bit

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

"The North Korean nuclear and long-range missile plans represent a real and credible threat to the security of the region and to Australia."

So, a missile planned for next month will be shot towards/in between Australia, the Phillipenes and Indonesia, according to the US. That doesn't leave a lot of room for it to hit the ocean. I think that if Japan doesn not shoot it down, Australia should.

www.smh.com.au

That's what the papers and the US administration states. Where is the proof? Should someone perhaps ask the N Koreans if this is the case?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
No we do not. I was looking into it a couple of months ago, and came across a Defence Brochure - information pack, and a huge PDF. the brochure didn't have anything interesting, but the PDF on the other hand had numerous interesting stuff. Australia feels it doesn't need a MDS because we are not in danger, if memory serves me, they are planning for one in 7 years or something.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I hope not, they're a huge waste of money. We have ways to bring down missles if know they are going to be fired though.

The U.S. needs to have the naval presence in the area so they can shoot this thing down as soon as it clears NK airspace.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Kim Jong ul sa de fi wan ker, Your time is limited if you turn out like your psychopath dad....

Interesting to see how their capabilities are coming along though. If they cant hit Aus, they are sitting ducks to the best from the west....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Perhaps it's about time we dug a little deeper into the old pockets hey?

Mind you, it does seem a little random of NK to just point and shoot.

There will be a lot of angry looking faces looking to the skies from NK downwards. Wouldn't there be a question of airspace as well?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Perhaps it's about time we dug a little deeper into the old pockets hey?

Mind you, it does seem a little random of NK to just point and shoot.

There will be a lot of angry looking faces looking to the skies from NK downwards. Wouldn't there be a question of airspace as well?

Don't you suppose that your reaction is exactly what the U.S. defense contractors want?

I wouldn't put anything past them.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Very true indeed.

There is really nothing we could do about it if it did land here anyway...........our defence is crap andwe have no way of throwing one back! ha!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

reply to post by AGWskeptic

Very true indeed.

There is really nothing we could do about it if it did land here anyway...........our defence is crap andwe have no way of throwing one back! ha!

We had a Patriot battery right next to us in Saudi in the first Gulf War.

Got to know the crew really well as my sick call tent was right next to their sleeping tent. To the man they thought the system was a joke.

I'm paraphrasing but the Lt who was in charge made the comment that 100 quad 50's would be a lot cheaper and more effective.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
We Americans will not have it.

Hate our occupation of your country all that you want to.... but we will be there to protect you guys!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I thought it was a rockert launch anyway. Not a missile. Maybe Cuba should invest in a anti missle shield to shot down rockerts from Florida.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Same thing different payload?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well seeing how they piss off Japan every time they have sent one over their heads before, This must be a change from the new kid leader in response to his fathers reckless ways. It is supposed to be a Satellite but I think the Navy should still shoot it down for practice.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Like Father like son....let him try it, and he will regret it I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This sounds suspiciously like a joint secret deal between AUS and DPRK to put an end to the illegal refugee boats coming down under.They are bound to hit one

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Yes you do and its heart is Pine Gap, but it isn't exactly Australian its owned by the U.S. in a joint U.S. & A.U. military relationship.
edit on 23-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

We are good for something after all huh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join