It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People moving out of Tokyo due to radiation fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well its starting to sink in and people are leaving. The doom is not going to be so immediate, but if you have a young child, would you want to live there?

Is anyone in Tokyo now? Can you confirm this?

In western Japan, Osaka, Kyoto and Okayama prefectures saw more incoming people than outbound ones for the first time in about 15 years. Except for Nagasaki Prefecture, Kyushu and Okinawa Prefecture also saw an increase in the number of new residents in 2011.

Hiroshi Takahashi, secretary general of a Tokyo-based nonprofit organization supporting people moving to rural areas, said that after the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami triggered the nuclear crisis, "inquiries from people considering moving out of Tokyo and its vicinity have surged."

"Popular destinations have shifted from elsewhere in eastern Japan to western regions due to the nuclear crisis," he said.

Source:
www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sounds more like a missile drill to me, this does not suprise me one bit, but hey, i am not in no way fear mongering here but its damn good coincidence with the upcoming missile launch from N.Korea and at how Japan has mobilized its missile shield.

oops...did say something on the internet that i shouldn't have, nah, this all between you and me.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I feel like crying

Don't know what to say right now.
edit on 23/3/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

What a bummer, I've always wanted to visit Tokyo and I've been wondering if there's still a chance I can visit in the future but reports like this definitely put a damper on my travel plans. Much love to Japan, I hope everyone is safe, as safe as they can be.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have a few friends in Tokyo from when I was there last year. They don't seem concerned at all. I feel like most people there have a huge capacity for denial anyway. As do Americans. But the Japanese denial is different, I don't know how to explain it. Anyway it still seems like most of my friends are not facing the fact. I did notice one couple with children moved away because they were worried about their kids. But in the same breath, she said "but even so there's nothing to worry about." People are so weird.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

It's the smart and safe move to make. It's sad, but better for children to not be in a radioactive environment.

One thing about the Japanese culture. Their denial is tied in with saving face. Those roots are hard to change.

Des

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
they are probably tired of getting lied to about everything being alright.

or maybe leaving before godzilla wrecks the place ( sorry couldnt resist)

top topics

join