It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Were Warned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Here are four quotations that should have sounded off the rooftops since they were first spoken. Just like so many Truths that have been stripped from public awareness.

We were warned. Clearly.

"Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day".

- President Theordore Roosevelt April 19, 1906

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

- President Woodrow Wilson, before his death in 1924

Here's President Eisenhower, as he left office in January of 1961:

Now President John F. Kennedy, 1961--just 4 months later

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

-Benjamin Franklin

And most importantly Thomas Jefferson....

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

The world has been tricked and duped into slavery or dependency however you want to look at it and we were warned and warned and warned. We've grown to be dependent off what is provided for us instead of being independent off what was always there for us. We sacrificed freedoms for security from terrorists while handing over control of our natural resources and liberties to those that can be seen as terrorists in the eye of the innocent people living on the other side of the world. When will people wake up, maybe at the point where ignorance is no longer blissful, but will it be too late, maybe it already is?

edit on 23-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yes

It doesn't need anymore answer than that, it's a pity there are bunches of pathetic people who cant survive unless suckling at the teat of government and by default the bankers that supply the line of credit

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Bill Clinton confirmed the first quote when he said "there’s a government inside the government, and I don’t control it"

Why aren't we doing anything about this?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Because, there is no real proof, just claims.

And extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Such as, where's the paper trail and who are the people who are running this shadow government? What are their names and identities?

Many other questions as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WordsAreAvenues
Bill Clinton confirmed the first quote when he said "there’s a government inside the government, and I don’t control it"

Why aren't we doing anything about this?

What can we do? The OWS is imbecilic in their actions. I think they were programmed that way to make them look idiotic. The news media at least paints them that way.

Who do we shine the light on?
Who do we bring out in the open?
Who do we remove the cloak of invisibility?
Where do we point the finger?

Until these questions are answered, there is little we can do.
Our politicians are bought and paid for.
Do you think congress would have cut off their own paychecks with the stop the stock insider information if they hadn't already found a way around it?

The invisible government is there. We should all know that. But where is it and who is it?
If you can answer that, we can take action and expose them for what they truly are.
They will not give up power easily but they do embarrass easily.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Nite_wing because: Spellcheck

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I guess what I mean is if we've had these government officials make these kinds of comments and acknowledge the existence of such insidious people then why isn't this the forefront of everyone's conversation until those people are exposed and brought to justice? It's like we hear our elected officials say these things yet we don't, as a nation, demand that something be done. It's like everyone is just sitting back letting it happen because they all don't think anything can be done. With an attitude like that they prove themselves right.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In regards to the JFK Secret Society speech I'll post this: Addressing the JFK “Secret Society” Speech...

We really do need to, as a whole, understand what he really meant there already. It's getting old.

Full speech is here: Part 1/Part 2.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Because, there is no real proof, just claims.

And extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Such as, where's the paper trail and who are the people who are running this shadow government? What are their names and identities?

Many other questions as well.

I'm saying that we've got government officials making extraordinary claims and because of that there needs to be extraordinary seriousness about making extraordinary effort to root out this extraordinary proof to take down these extraordinary bastards.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WordsAreAvenues

I think this may be one possible reason Kennedy was killed.
We need names. Perhaps he was going to disclose.
Bobby was his Attorney General. Bobby was killed too.

As I said before, politicians are placed into power. Our vote still counts but our political contributions do not. We cannot compete with lobbyists, corporations, and insiders.

BO is going to flood the airwaves in the upcoming campaign. Look at Bill Maher giving him a million dollars. BO can get all the money he needs from those who placed him in power. Maher got publicity for throwing his money away. BO didn't need it. However, if there was a conservative landslide, it would be more difficult to control the election. Those who say if RP doesn't get the nomination, they will not vote. In other words they are, in all practicality, voting for Obama. He already has a 42% hardcore base of those sucking off the government teet. Those who don't vote will be allowing the unemployed to control the election. The 9 percent who are RP supporters could oust Obama if they would only place an actual vote against him.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I've never understood why people opt for not voting at all instead of just writing in your candidate of choice. I'd imagine the RP base would be able to make an impact that way. It goes in line with voting against someone you don't like rather than voting for someone you do. Let's vote our principles and not for "anybody but Obama".

The only power us people have is our voice. We sure are able to make a loud stink about petty crap when it comes to celebrities and other such gossip. Everybody seems very vocal then. So why don't we cry aloud when it comes to exposing the truth about the ruling forces? Especially when it's been documented from our officials that these serious crimes are taking place. How can Clinton just glibly say there's a power above him without every sane person demanding an investigation into that?

These PTB's must be some extremely vile, evil and formidable forces if even our sworn protectors can't/won't even touch the subject...that's a very sobering thought.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WordsAreAvenues

I've never understood why people opt for not voting at all instead of just writing in your candidate of choice. I'd imagine the RP base would be able to make an impact that way. It goes in line with voting against someone you don't like rather than voting for someone you do. Let's vote our principles and not for "anybody but Obama".

The only power us people have is our voice. We sure are able to make a loud stink about petty crap when it comes to celebrities and other such gossip. Everybody seems very vocal then. So why don't we cry aloud when it comes to exposing the truth about the ruling forces? Especially when it's been documented from our officials that these serious crimes are taking place. How can Clinton just glibly say there's a power above him without every sane person demanding an investigation into that?

These PTB's must be some extremely vile, evil and formidable forces if even our sworn protectors can't/won't even touch the subject...that's a very sobering thought.

Don't kid yourself you don't have voice or vote, none of us do, yea there the whole production of the GOP process and your say matters bs but in the end who they want and how they want it run is up to them. Don't believe me look here www.abovetopsecret.com... Or to the Bush Gore election, vote fraud is running rampant.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

We're all well aware of the problem.

Thing is, how do you change it? At this point, you really can't, politically.

While we still have the vote, the system is pretty much geared to where the public at large is duped into thinking they have to pick from one of two candidates, both of which will just play by the same rules anyhow, so much so as to make it rather academic who actually wins.

Any kind of military coup is equally off the table, as we have the world's most powerful and advanced army. Any kind of insurrection would be quickly and effectively quelled. Not to mention, you then are left with who would lead, even IF you won!

So, for these reasons, everyone just eats the crap and says mmm mmm good, nevermind trying to change the world, I'm just going to focus on changing MY world. Defeatist? Maybe. Cynical? Sure. Realistic? Absolutely.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I figure most are aware of the problem that are on here but in everyday life outside of ATS it's does seem a bit hopeless. At this point I think it's only the spreading of information that will awaken people from their idiot American complex, I say that in regards to myself as well as being uninformed and ignorant at one time, not saying I'm informed now as there is always more to learn but I understand the trickery that is done to the people and wish that they could understand as it all effects us all whether we are aware of it or not.
edit on 23-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WordsAreAvenues

Writing in your vote is your choice (at least it is for now,) But if your vote makes no difference because you write in a candidate that has absolutely no chance of winning, the vote is wasted. As wasted vote is a vote for BO. If you like BO's policies, go ahead and write in RP. I used to think that not voting was my way of rebelling because I didn't want to give any candidate a mandate by giving them a super majority. Then I grew a little older and realized if I didn't vote, I was actually voting for the greater of two evils. Then I started writing in my candidate who was not on the ballot. That didn't work either.

Strom Thurmond was the first successful candidate elected by write-in in 1954 for congress.
Charlie Wilson was the last successful write-in in 2006 for congress.

Never has a presidential candidate succeeded as a write in.

A write-in is a wasted vote. The object of the exercise is to get those in power out of power. The less power they accumulate, the easier they are to defeat in the primaries. Change must happen slowly. We are seeing the "Change" promised and many of us don't like it. The accumulation of power this president is accumulating is historic. It needs to be stopped. If any of you think the last 3 1/2 years have been a travesty in power accumulation, wait until BO succeeds in 2012. The further changes will be catastrophic.

We cannot jump back. We have to step back to know where we are going to land. RP is not the messiah we seek. He will be totally ineffective as President because of the power accumulated in Congress. Just as BO has made congress useless, Congress will make RP useless even if elected. We have got to get the bad apples out. Whoever you think is a bad apple, so be it. It comes down to philosphy. You do not like what we have and will vote to get him out. Or, you like what we have and will either vote for him or not vote at all. Either way, a non-vote or a vote for RP is a vote for Obama.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
How is a write-in a wasted vote? At least you're sending a message, and if enough do it, they will take notice.

Whether you vote for BO or MR, it's tomato / tomato... So, if you don't like either of their policies, what do you do then, vote for the lesser of two evils? What if there is no lesser?

Sorry, I can't accept that. I'll make my voice heard, even if it's only a whimper in a room full of shouting. At least it's my heartfelt whimper.

Do you really think it will make a difference whether Obama or Romney is in office? Really? The same puppet masters will still be pulling their strings, and you know it...

RP is not the messiah we seek. He will be totally ineffective as President because of the power accumulated in Congress.

No doubt....but if he gets say, around 5% of the popular vote, then maybe it will send a bit of a message that some of America is waking up and realizing that they don't have to accept the two choices forced upon them...and that the game is changing. I know RP has no realistic chance of winning. It isn't about that. It's about getting the public to realize that their vote is THEIRS...and they DO have a CHOICE, and don't have to be forced into picking between an apple and an apple. They can pick the orange if they want to.

Strom Thurmond was the first successful candidate elected by write-in in 1954 for congress.

Interesting example. That guy was so deep into the secret government it is downright scary...I wouldn't be at all surprised at such an individual winning from write-ins. If you want to sleep soundly at night, don't ever look too deeply at this guy, hehe....
edit on 23-3-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl

Don't kid yourself you don't have voice or vote, none of us do, yea there the whole production of the GOP process and your say matters bs but in the end who they want and how they want it run is up to them. Don't believe me look here www.abovetopsecret.com... Or to the Bush Gore election, vote fraud is running rampant.

It's running rampant because the people aren't making as big a fuss about it as they could. I know what's going on with all of that and I know there are people trying to do something about it, yet given the knowledge we have most of us just sit idly by.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If we keep saying someone can't win then surely they won't. I think that's a spread of unintentional misinformation. I hear friends say stuff like that all the time and then it gets regurgitated by the people who heard it and so on...

As far as Ron Paul is concerned I know he's not perfect, but he's the right first step in a new and positive direction. He's already changed the national conversation. Think of the change he'd have if in office. If you want to talk about the lesser of evils then he's by far IT. And if he's not evil then all the more reason to vote for him.

The MSM are the only ones making it seem like he's not electable. Most polls show how popular he really is, and we know how much the news had ignored all of that. That's one reason I was suspicious of vote fraud in the primaries when he was doing so poorly all the time. I call BS. Everyone knows he has the most support, so let's all gather to strengthen that support.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Your voice should be heard in the primaries. Your work should be in the primaries and in your neighborhood. When you write in RP, it will be a whimper because it is over. That is what BO wants you to do. Your attitude, and this is not personal, is why Obama will win again. Don't forget, Obama has a 42% base to overcome by the Anybody But Obama candidate. The RP 9% will put Obama over the top. If you like what we have become, vote for Paul. Nobody will hear you. Obama will laugh at you...again.

top topics

join