It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Trending pages?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
That link at the top of the page. I remember reading the post about when it was first introduced, however i have never actually seen it work, and it's starting to bug me. I tried searching if anyone else has had trouble loading the page, but cannot seem to find anything about it.

The page loads fine (at least it appears to do so) in the latest build of firefox, although nothing is displayed even after leaving the window open for several hours
, so i assume it is broken.

Screenshot for reference: i.imgur.com...
edit on 23/3/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I remember that some had a problem getting the page to load properly when SO first announced and I believe it was script blockers that was the problem, something to to do with chartbeat I think. I know that a few popup blockers do block _javascript occasionally, so do you have anything like that installed? Javascript drives the page and that could be were it is going wrong.

OiO

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Yes, i use the noscript plugin. Although after temporarily enabling everything on the page it still does not seem to work.
I had tried to look through the _javascript behind the page, however it seems to be very heavily obfuscated and becomes impossible to see what might be going wrong.

Edit; You are right, it is the chartbeat website that is used (i have some of it's domains blocked in my hosts file, no wonder it wouldn't load even when enabling scripts). I'm not a fan of the way the chartbeat operates so it's getting blocked again

Don't mean to sound like a pain, but why can't ATS host it's own software for generating realtime data? Have never liked the idea of webpages relying on multiple 3rd party sources for scripts and the likes.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

OK... editing cause I just saw your edit!

I'd say that it is a cost thing.

OiO

edit on 23-3-2012 by OneisOne because: (no reason given)

join