It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Australia just had a 5.6 earthquake.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

So it's maybe just a case of the Quake map feeding into Geoscience Australia now?

Great timing guys.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

lol there are heaps of faultlines... follow the Flinders Ranges in SA..right up to Mt Lofty in Ade and that is one big fault line..

Have a look at Arkaroola, the geology around there is fascinating.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Geoscience was originally started by Reg Sprigg. His family still own a majority in that and they have the Arkaroola Sanctuary...I worked up there and a 5.6 is bugga all.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

It's just strange to see it pop up on the global incident map. If we had them more frequently I would have seen them unless that particular quake map didn't feed into Geoscience previously.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by bellagirl

that is bugga all...when I was outback I had to change the roll on the "siesm[wtf = i, e, or an a?) graph" every morning and 5.6 is like a small case of flatulence...out in the Southern Flinders, that isn't anything even worth talking about.

Maybe a 7+ but even then, if you got excited, everyone would laugh and think you were an idiot because it isn't anything worth mentioning.

It also depends on the depth and out where I was, Woomera way... Strezleki Desert..mining can cause up and register up to a 5 so don't worry.

edit on 23/3/2012 by Thurisaz because: spellng oops

After doing some research I call BS on your statement.

This is the strongest EQ in the last 10 years anywhere in Australia as per Geoscience' data.

And the people you worked with must've been in Geoscience back on the 29th April.........1941.

The largest quake experienced in Australia was a 7.3...and it wasn't significant.

The most significant was 6.9 at a depth of 10km on October 14...........1968.

6.1 at a depth of 3km IS significant.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Do some more research !

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Why do you say there will be more?
Depends on many factors but I don't even wanna think about it,in terms of magnitudes.....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i havent had much time to read into the whole "lay lines" theory, but have a look at the line that goes through australia in the diagrams in this following thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

looks to me that where this quake is, is on this exact line. am i wrong ????

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

There are many fault lines in Australia; the largest centres right around WA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join