It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking While Black: A License To Kill Young Men Like Trayvon Martin?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Walking While Black: A License To Kill Young Men Like Trayvon Martin?

www.forbes.com

[George Zimmerman], noticed a 17 year old wearing a hoodie as he took a shortcut from a convenience store to his home, where he lived with his father. Trayvon, unarmed and carrying candy and a soda, was pursued by Zimmerman.

After fatally shooting Trayvon during a scuffle, Zimmerman claimed self defense. Police, who were used to hearing from Zimmerman, apparently took his word for it and have not arrested Zimmerman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize there were already threads. Mods please close.
George Zimmerman in brackets was added by me.

So, apparently Tavyon Martin, a black male, was just walking down the street with candy and soda, and was fatally shot because the neighborhood watch captain thought he was suspicious. What I find truly disturbing about this is that George Zimmerman got absolutely no charges for killing an innocent man for no other reason than his skin color. He had no proof that Martin was armed or dangerous in any way.

It's very sad seeing these types of cases, where completely guilty people can just get away with murder.

I included another source to the same story for your reading pleasure.

www.forbes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-3-2012 by MrRamblinRose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Uh, dude, you're really late. There's already threads about this.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
Uh, dude, you're really late. There's already threads about this.

Really? ran a search and couldn't find anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Someone should have told the MSM that this was a hispanic/latino (which ever is "culturally sensitive" at the moment) before they lost all credibility reporting on him as though he were some redneck hillbilly hick...

Oh... what's that... the MSM has had no credibility for years and have been race baiting long before Tawana Brawley... the "Duke Rape Case"... and... eh... never mind... keep the clowns jumping out of the car... I think Sharpton is up next...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Compare it to this Skateboarding While White incident

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Uncle Jesse and Big Al have already weighed in and Prince Holder is in place with a DOJ Task Force.All is well.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRamblinRose

I'm getting sick of hearing about this.I don't live far from where this happened.Under florida law they can't charge him with anything,just because he makes a racist remark ...While it sucks that the kid was killed...there's a reason the police havent charged the guy.And it isn't because the kid was black.

I don't know where you live but I'm literally about 15 minutes from Sanford.I was all for charging this guy until the family made it a race issue,like most blacks do.The man wasn't charged because under Florida law you have a right to defend yourself.Get the facts and stop acting on emotions.That goes for you and the family to.They say when the police arrived Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of his head and had grass stains on his clothes....
edit on 23-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Identity politics are uselss.

It only leads to conflict, to read everything as "being offended" for this or that alleged slur.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

I'm getting sick of hearing about this.I don't live far from where this happened.Under florida law they can't charge him with anything,just because he makes a racist remark ...While it sucks that the kid was killed...there's a reason the police havent charged the guy.And it isn't because the kid was black.

I don't know where you live but I'm literally about 15 minutes from Sanford.I was all for charging this guy until the family made it a race issue,like most blacks do.The man wasn't charged because under Florida law you have a right to defend yourself.Get the facts and stop acting on emotions.That goes for you and the family to.They say when the police arrived Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of his head and had grass stains on his clothes....
edit on 23-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

Funny how just down the road, a black man shot a white man and claimed self defense, and he's in jail.

They can charge him based on the 911 calls both from him, and from the neighbors, and from the fact that there is a 17 year old boy who ain't even experienced manhood yet screaming "help!" in the background.

I knew I hated Florida for a reason.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
here is how it sounds to me doofus with gun sees guy in neighbor hood dufus calls police ignores instructions follows guy guy knows he is being followed by doofus turns and asks him why he following dofus attacks they roll on ground doofus cuts head in scuffle pulls gun and shoots kid crys self defense . self defense is not supposed to be allowed in this instance because doofus was antagonizer because he stalked this young man so he purposely made confrontation happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Does this mean in Florida

if you want to murder someone,

1, Make sure there are no Witnesses
2, call the police and make some BS up
3, Shoot the person
4, claim self defense?

Great country/State

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

All across the globe Racism runs amuck. I personally are most thankful the suspect man is hispanic not caucasion. Regardless the color of ones skin, whites kill blacks, hispanics kill black, blacks kill caucasions, blacks kill hispanic and on and on and on to never end, this is a global problem with no racial barriers. Racism has been around sense neandrethals and were slaughtered by homosepians ( lol i know i spelled that wrong but it still has the same meaning). If a white person walked down a street in , O lets say Compton or Watts, Queens or parts of chicago they are as good as dead. stop pointing at a color start looking at the problem and working for a solution.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by nightstalker78

Does this mean in Florida

if you want to murder someone,

1, Make sure there are no Witnesses
2, call the police and make some BS up
3, Shoot the person
4, claim self defense?

Great country/State

Uhhhh,that's pretty much anywhere....if you are the only one telling the story and you don't screw up the forensics by shooting them in the back or some dumbass move,like saying coon on the audio revord,no one can prove it ISN'T self defense ...nothing new there

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

His father was a white man, his mother a Cuban. So why label him a "Hispanic", and not own up to his white heritage as well?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Things like this will always happen when you allow any type of ass to carry a gun.
You americans think it is your god given right to carry a gun, but that just means that any type of coward can shot and kill anyone that they want at a squeeze of a trigger.

So as long as cowards are allowed to carry guns you will always have incidence's like this happening.

You reap what you sow, so dont go bitching about it when it come's back and bite's you on the ass.

This is just another tale of a pathetic man holding a gun.

I love to see you americans try killing me without a weapon.
Bet you cant.
edit on 23-3-2012 by WozaMeathed because: COWARDS WITH GUNS, YOUR PATHETIC

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
what a racist world we live in, more whites are killed by blacks yet do we get the headlines

"WALKING WHILE WHITE: A LICENSE TO KILL YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN LIKE (insert numerous names)

Things gonna change
edit on 23-3-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

who do you think you are, superman, of course they could, stab, bludgeon, poison, mow down with a car, push in front of a train etc etc etc

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Oh please "walking while black" is some stupid BS that was made up.people can be jerks, end of story. There are tons of crimes like this that happen everyday. people "walking while white" little kids "playing while white" and you will never hear about it.
www.loompanics.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
He used the same excuse the cops use.

"I feared for my life."

As long as he believed his life was in danger the act is justified.

It's up to the PA to prove he did not in fact fear for his life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join