It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally joined up so I'd better say hello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am yet another long time lurker! I love checking out what is really going on in the world but was a little reserved about actually adding my name to the list on a conspiracy site. Then I kind of had a reality check and thought I'm not privy to any forbidden information, I am not a threat to any national security, I have nothing to hide and I freely admit I know pretty much nothing, lol! So I've finally signed up and am proud to stand in the ranks of the curious and informed who don't take anything at face value.
A little about myself now. I'm from Bedfordshire in the uk, I have 2 wonderful sons and a great boyfriend and I run my own dog walking business. I love dogs, music (both listening and playing) and computer games from c64 to ps3 and everything inbetween. I am interested in all sorts of stuff to do with conspiracies and the paranormal and like to think I'm pretty open minded.
I look forward to joining in the fun and continuing to learn more about the real world around me.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Congratulations, you've joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We understand that with rules, policies and just the shear size of the website, it can be quite overwhelming. So we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome Purplefowler

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!
Speaking of "Search", to save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

Continuing the theme Park Ride Analogy, remember you can chose the ride that you want to go on.

I just stick to the teapots - they're fast enough for me

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplefowler

Welcome to ATS. A female who likes computer games sounds pretty unique but I don't get out much.
Hope you enjoy your time here and find much of interest. See you on the (possibly from a nuclear winter) ice.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Welcome to your new addiction....

Des

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Greetings.
We are Rigel4.............. You'll make an excellent drone!

Now that the formalities are done!

What's you favorite breed of dog?

Quick Edit. UT2004 Torlan Is my all time favorite computer game.
edit on 22-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Welcome to ATS. A female who likes computer games sounds pretty unique but I don't get out much.
Hope you enjoy your time here and find much of interest. See you on the (possibly from a nuclear winter) ice.

we are a growing breed, but tend to keep quiet, due to the hassle from pre pubescent boys. I'm pretty sure they'd be horrified to know I'm old enough to be their mum! At nearly 37 years old I like to think I was one of the pioneers of female gamers, or maybe I was just a sad, lonely kid, lol!
Thanks for the welcomes, I should have signed up a few years ago. Ive spent long enough here to feel like an old hand already

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
What's you favorite breed of dog?

Quick Edit. UT2004 Torlan Is my all time favorite computer game.
edit on 22-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

I'm a border collie girl. I have 2, a 5 year old black and white called Bubba and a 9 month old tricolour blue merle called Bodie. I really love most dogs though, so much nicer than the average person

I'm not sure I could narrow my favourite game down to just one. Shenmue 1&2, sega bass fishing, fallout 3 and frankie goes to hollywood are up in my top list today, but tomorrow is another day! At the moment I'm playing portal 2 and battlefield 3/mw3 though.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hands out a bacon roll...

So, welcome to the mother ship.

Hope to see you around the boards

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Collies are lovely dogs , me I have had Labs aal my life, my current
boy who is nearly eleven is called Bramble, sunday name B. Rambles.
He is a black lab and a very gentle boy from a shelter.

The only game I played on your list is Fallout3, a bit weird that game , but I enjoyed it.

"Megaton" Reminds me of my home town. lol I don't live there anymore.

Hope to see you around the boards.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Collies are lovely dogs , me I have had Labs aal my life, my current
boy who is nearly eleven is called Bramble, sunday name B. Rambles.
He is a black lab and a very gentle boy from a shelter.

I have a special spot for black labs. My parents got one when I was 6 months old and, being an only child and abit of a loner, he was my best friend. I was devastated when he died when we were 14. They are very special dogs with eyes that you just cant say no too

Thanks again for the welcomes everyone.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Hehe, indeed you are. When you said C64 I guessed you were closer to my age (41) that 18.
I couldn't afford a C64 but a Sinclair Spectrum was just as much fun, albeit with worse graphics and crappy sound. They were magic times. Jeff Minter was a legend and after seeing some of his C64 games I was pretty envious of my more affluent friends. I got to play on their machines though so it worked out okay.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

As I understand it there is no coincidence in this world. People who come to this forum come here because their life has it.

I remember from Quantum mechanics the Schrödinger Cat who is not yet born, is alive and already dead at the same time in different dimensions(en.wikipedia.org...:MWI_Schrodingers_cat.png).. So the cat, like a human being, has bodies in many dimensions and each one lives in his one time-space. Since human beings are at the center of micro and macro as they say, there are many time-spaces who are ahead of us in time so we are basically like a dog following the Master leading the way, we can change nothing of the big events.

So the big events in one´s life are surely predestined and our minds are controlled by higher dimensions. Hence all the big events on this planet are also predestined, including major disasters. And why is there a "Book of Life" in religion, which tells who can live and not live in the future? If the first dimension was wiped out due to wrongdoing, how will it affect the lower dimensions?...

In any case, I believe human beings have the potential to become good again, they just need to find a path to follow. In my case I cultivate my mind and body according to Falun Dafa Qi Gong. And I am sure anyone who is in line with Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance has a good chance in the future.

Just my two cents, no truth can be offered at my limited level.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Or in the words of the great John Lennon "“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” It is still up to us to be the best people that we can be, mentally and spiritually.

new topics

top topics

join