It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found what looks like a pretty good emergency food site...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
beprepared.com...

Lots of freeze dried foods, foods in food-rated buckets, etc.
Fairly decent prices too.

If nothing else, it really helps you consider what kinds of foods you'll want to store.

I especially like the idea of cycling through your food stores, to keep them fresh. We do this with out hurricane food supplies all the time.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I checked it out and the prices are quite decent.

It is important to go through stored food and use up the stuff that is coming up on its expiration date. I made the mistake a month ago of using a small can of evaporated milk on some cream of wheat that had gone 4 months past its expiration date. I thought , "It's not that far out of date, what harm could it do?" I spent that evening in the bathroom with the trots.

Word to the wise.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've seen them recommended across several survival blog sites. Personally, I've had good luck with CampingSurvival.com

I highly recommend the Yoder's Canned Bacon. Sound Weird but it's good. Not just for SHTF. Great to take camping or even in the kitchen.
www.campingsurvival.com...

I've also purchased Wise food buckets and Sopacko MRE's. They also sell Water Bricks. A great way to store water in easy to handle units. Could be my next update for my basement storm shelter.

www.campingsurvival.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
where is the beer and cigarettes lol
essentials in my book lol

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Good advice. Reminds me to add extra TP and Immodium and Pepto to my backup supplies.

I also buy for emergencies what I use on a regular basis in regards to canned goods and pantry staples to keep the stock fresh.

I've set up my pantry and basement shelves with a series of First in First out racks to keep things moving in the right direction.

Just like those big soup can dispensers at the grocery store.

www.shelfreliance.com...

I use the smaller cansolidator racks.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
where is the beer and cigarettes lol
essentials in my book lol

I've got a bottle of Laphroaig stashed for such an occasion. Its a good Morale booster.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Good things to have. If worse comes to worse, the best things you could have to barter with will be cigarettes alcohol and Pot

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Suohhen

LOL, I'll be more than happy to barter cigarettes and booze, neither of which I use. Anything else is in my medicine cabinet and will not be parted with.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hi, I have done about a thousand dollars worth of business with that company. I have never had one complaint with them or the products they have. Their shipping was always prompt. I have no reservations in reordering from them. I am a "Prepper" and have been to thousands of web sites searching for just those type items. So they are a good and ligit. Company and have been around for some time.

Thanx,
MAC

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I am one of those people who happens to be lactose intolerant and one bottle of beer will keep me visiting the rest room every 15 min for over 12 hours flushing my kidneys.

I keep a small amount of those items around as natural products for eliciting their undesirable effects when I do need the undesirable effects.

A lot of items can do double duties and I keep them in a their own separate place. This may help those that have limited space and resources.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

good thing some medicine can be regrown eh

i wish i could afford survival supplies but unfortunately im low on cash like alot of people

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
beprepared.com...

Lots of freeze dried foods, foods in food-rated buckets, etc.
Fairly decent prices too.

If nothing else, it really helps you consider what kinds of foods you'll want to store.

I especially like the idea of cycling through your food stores, to keep them fresh. We do this with out hurricane food supplies all the time.

hey just wondering.. and not to be annoying, but I recently posted a thread here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

asking if i could promote a friend's band on this site.. since they write about conspiracy topics.. but I was told not to..

so i can' even link to it.. which is kind of stupid... because they're singing about conspiracies.. waking people up to things and helping people out.. JUST like you're doing by posting the link to the company that sells emergency food...

i'm NOT here being all "heyy look this moderator's doing what you said i couldn't make him stopp!! "
not at alll ... just curious about this is all...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I recommend a water guzzler. I suggest getting two. One for pumping clean water and one for unclean water.

The guzzler pumps large amounts of water fast, by hand, or can be rigged to be battery operatated. They can be use for pumping both well and surface water. Could be a life saver.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suohhen
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Good things to have. If worse comes to worse, the best things you could have to barter with will be cigarettes alcohol and Pot

And ammo.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

and a good woman lol
plus a dog for protection

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

and a good woman lol

I have a good dog and a woman for protection.
It's amazing what she can do with a plate,and the accuracy is amazing!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

and a good woman lol

I have a good dog and a woman for protection.
It's amazing what she can do with a plate,and the accuracy is amazing!

so that explains why you are hanging out in the shed in your AV
lol
www.bridensolutions.ca...
I have dealt with these folks in Canada
good service
gave m the next modl up for the lower price when they were out of stock on the Item I wanted

the dried vegies work in everyday life really well

edit on 22-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
reply to post by jibeho

I recommend a water guzzler. I suggest getting two. One for pumping clean water and one for unclean water.

The guzzler pumps large amounts of water fast, by hand, or can be rigged to be battery operatated. They can be use for pumping both well and surface water. Could be a life saver.

Never thought of using a guzzler that way! I have one installed as a backup bilge pump in my sailboat. Time to head over to Boat US. The possibilities are endless. Good Stuff

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
They are a good site and I have used them for a long time.
I would highly recommend them.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

i'm NOT here being all "heyy look this moderator's doing what you said i couldn't make him stopp!! "
not at alll ... just curious about this is all...

If they have a forum where they discuss conspiracies, then I can absolutely see where the staff would decline.

If not, I'm sure you could at least post about them in the Entertainment forum, in relevance to that topic (as a band).

In this case, the site I linked to is pretty directly tied to the purpose of the forum, and only offered as a site resource. Admittedly, the whole promotion rule is a pretty gray area. In fact, it's entirely possible other staff members may feel this thread is that, and trash it. Mods are not immune to the consensus removal of a thread.

top topics

join