It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of pet ghosts, no pet ghost, and grieving.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Try going to the Rainbow Bridge Poem Site . It helped me with the feelings of loss ,

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

When I first saw him, in that box with all his little brothers and sisters...I didn't just want him... I some how knew I was meant to get him... I know that sounds weird, but it's the truth...

I just knew...We were supposed to get him... I don't know why..But I have not been sorry that we got him...

I love him to death.... and...When he goes... I admit...I hope he comes to visit me... I truly hope he does....

I lost my precious, sweet cat Fraffy November 26, 2008. Like you gimme_some_truth, I adopted her when she was about 6 months old from the humane society. I always had a problem because of all the cats there on any day, I never could decide and I wanted to take them ALL home. Until I came face to face with Taffy. (named changed to Fraffy for some reason by me). One look at her and that was it. I wanted that cat. All other meowing faded as I looked at Taffy and she looked at me

We took her home and she was so funny. She made funny noises so we'd call her noise. She held one dainty paw up against her chest as she was sitting in the "normal cat sit position." She'd make little trilling noises every time you touched her. I always treated her and paid attention to her as much as I could because I knew the day would come when she would die. (I'm getting misty eyed typing this) So I petted her every change I got. She slept with me every night. I love(d) that cat more than I've ever loved anything. We had one of those connections. I can't explain it, it was just there. I have three cats now and I do love them, there just is not that same connection as with Fraffy.. I won't go into detail of her final days and the nightmare I went through. I would like to post about it sometine. It was one of the worst times in my life. My mother committed suicide when I was ten. I have to say that Fraffy dying after having had her for 14 years devastated me more than my mother dying. Sometimes Fraffy seemed to be the only thing in my life for me to hold on to.

I miss her so terribly much. I still cry, thinking about her last days and how I feel I failed her. Yes my eyes are watering.

But back on topic, after she died, I did notice a very cold spot by my hand where she used to curl up with me. I wondered if it was my imagination but my on hand did seem extra cold.Then I think one night I thought she was rubbing up on me in bed.

I was wondering, is there a place around here to talk about your beloved pets dying so people can write about their experiences? Kind of like a grief thread? I think it helps to talk about it. I know my situation just about finished me. I feel so guilty what I did in her last days. I tried to to the best I could, but I feel it wasn't good enough.

So I'm wondering if there is a thread about this somewhere or maybe I could start one somewhere? Any ideas?

Thanks for reading my rambling =)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Thank you. I am finding that not only did I consider my dog a family member...But I have grown to consider him my best friend...

I don't know how bad this may sound, but I have cried more over him than I have for any person in my life that has died.... I have always just had a special connection with him. Corny as it may sound...It's the truth and I am not ashamed to admit that I love that dog.

Anyway, I hope your cat is doing okay. Just spoil them, love on them. Treat them like your own family... Your cat IS family, after all.

Pets are great...Because they offer something no human ever could. Unconditional love.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Thank you. I know all about the rainbow bridge. Actually, I had forgotten about it until after he died...But it came back to me. And it truly does help....

I admit, I don't know what is going to happen after I die, but I hope the tale of the Rainbow Bridge is true...I want to be greeted by him, just like that.

I have had no visits yet...I may never...But, I did have a song pop into my head the night he died. The 27th. It was a Beatles song ( Shocker... I know) From their Anthology. A song I was never all that into, but over the past few days...It has grown on me...

Stuck with me...And...helped me even...

Somehow... It reminds me of Binky on his journey home...How we will miss each other until we meet again..But how if we can't be together...Then the next best thing is to be Free As A Bird.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
When you enter the whole of your recorded life as a time dweller, remember to take your pets with you through the Door. You are their means out of the finite recording all are held fast within. That is... if you have yourself placed into your recording the opened Door at one time during your recording existence. Otherwise, all are held prisioner including yourself.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

It sounds like your relationship with your cat is right in line with my relationship with my dog. He was never a pet to me...More like...A best friend...A family member....Losing him...Sucks...To put it plainly.

There is just a special connection. Similar to you, there might as well have been no other dogs around...Because Binky was the only one I could see, so to speak.

We truly had ( And still do after his death) a special connection... It is hard to explain and it may sound weird to some people...But being in that room with him...When he died. It was like standing around the bed of a family member...

And he is/was family. I cried more for him than I have for any person that I have lost....I was his boy...His whole life..And he was my dog... That will never change....

I may get another dog some day...But I don't think any dog will ever match the relationship and connection I had with Binky.

That said, I am not aware of any other threads that allow you to talk about the death of your pets. This thread is the closest thing to that I recall ever seeing.

I say go create that thread. I would love to post in it... Share my story. Binky's story.

If you make that thread, send me a link so I don't miss it?
edit on 30-3-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
When you enter the whole of your recorded life as a time dweller, remember to take your pets with you through the Door. You are their means out of the finite recording all are held fast within. That is... if you have yourself placed into your recording the opened Door at one time during your recording existence. Otherwise, all are held prisioner including yourself.

Forgive me...But...What?

I am sorry but I really am not quite sure what it is you are trying to say. Do you think you could dumb it down for silly ol me?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

I know that, if you could go back in time to Fraffy, knowing what you now know, you would do things different, as would I. When I first got my (waning) cat I was ignorant and sick, at the same time, but with my ignorance and ill health, I did thee very best I could, in that time. I thought I was spoiling him when I gave him cans of people tuna quite often, but it was hard on his innards, and I think I helped to damage them. That stuff is high in murcury, I hear. And now, radiation from Fukushima, I hear. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong in that regard, though.)
But I don't know your own conditions at that time, and I am terribly sorry for how you lost your mother, what a terrible thing for you.
I have not experienced your (pet) loss yet, but I know I will, and I feel afraid of how strong my grief will be. I will probably hit hard liquer, and I'm not really that much of a drinker, at present.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Saucerwench because: correction

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I really feel for you Saucerwench, I understand exactly what you are going through, my girlfriend lost her cat soulmate a couple of years ago. Bailey was the sweetest little Himalayan with a sensitive tummy who would'nt hurt a fly, and it absolutley broke both of our hearts when he had to be euthanized.

A few months after he left us on a couple of occasions we felt a cat do the exact same thing, jump up onto the bed and walk across our legs, yet our other 3 cats were fully accounted for every time (either cuddled up on our pillows, under the blankets or right in our faces). My girlfriends mom, who is very religious and thinks that ghosts are hogwash felt a cat brush up against her leg while in the bathroom, and all of the cats had been barred out of the room at the time.

Since then there have been many many times that my girlfriend and myself, both together and seperately, have had occurances like this when the other cats have been accounted for. Once my girlfriend even saw a "beige-ish" mist float near the celing that another cat was watching, and I myself have seen a few things out of the corner of my eye and felt a spirit cat on many occasions. I even got a few light anomalies on pictures and one in particular that looks just like cat eyes reflecting my flash.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

Sorry to read what you are going through. I have an almost identical story of connecting to one of my cats and her passing not being what I envisioned. I did feel like I failed her and beat myself up with grief. Then a few months later a cat with her similar unique markings and identical personality adopted me. I know this one had to have been sent by my special cat as a sign I need to forgive myself for everything and just remember all the fun times and the fact I did save my cat from an early death and gave her fifteen years of happiness and love. Every time I hold and pet and play with the new cat I'm flooded with happy memories.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Sorry about Binky. I had a Binky, too. He was a very round cat who always got into the funniest trouble. I ended up with a "clone" of him, too. It is kind of freaky how so many of the pets I have now look like and act like offspring of my earlier pets. I did pick out some of them but some of them picked us out. Either way we all seemed destined for each other.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

edit on 10-4-2012 by Saucerwench because: I love you all.. Thats all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join