It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"United States saves money by switching to a cashless economy" : Here it comes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by tinker9917

You know, I didnt even think about a fee for Cash. This is not the same Country I was born into! What are we becoming! Is there really nothing we can do to Stop this New World Order? I work so physically hard for my 80.00 a day job. I work in a Bio-Hazard job and cant even afford to provide me and my children our own home to live in. I was forced to direct deposit my paycheck..this pissed me off but I had to do this anyway. I never leave anything in the Bank except what I have to. I carry cash on me at all times and I keep my gas filled up in my Jeep. All I do everyday is School, Work and Sleep..with the hope that I will find a better paying job by improving my education. Now I have to worry about the damn Government wanting more.

Isn't that the most rediculous thing you've ever heard?

It's bad enough that the fiat currency we're using is actually a measure of debt, not wealth.. but now they want to TAX you for using is as well!

Epic FAIL

It's too bad most folks really have no idea what's going on. Hell, many of them might even think this is a good idea

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'll admit that I would not want to see a completely cashless society, but I can't say I have more than about $15 on me at any time. I would estimate I am 99% cashless, and have been for years. I forget where I saw it, but I read somewhere that only 7% of all American transactions are done in cash. Sounds about right to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Good grief, 7%?

I'm sure the largest portion is credit cards

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You do realize this is just a theoretical article.

I mean the title alone says it.

Nickeled and Dimed
Would the United States save money by switching to a cashless economy?

No one is changing us to a cashless society, plus the savings would have to be a whole lot more then 1% of the GDP. The cost to implement would be way more than that, plus the societal upheaval would have costs of its own. Hackers would quickly find a way to F it all up anyway...so yeah, so not concerned.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ummm...aren't we pretty much there already?

Most people i know don't carry cash on them anymore.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is worrisome to say the least here, we live in Canada and we are firm believers in sock it away and never pay.....
We have a thick mattress and I do mean not in the bank, If they go cashless there will be no stashes.
If this is their plan then it is going to work without fail.
Scary times indeed here.
To the OP S&F for a real good " heads up thread "

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Is there anywhere in the USA..after you pay off youre house it is really yours..I mean, no further taxes! Basic needs should not be taxed. I work with people that have worked their butts off to have something and they got sick and lost everything. I see the ending to the story everyday and it makes me sick! All of the assets that these people have goes to paying off their health care needs. They use them all up and then they qualify for Government Assistance! In the end you lose everything and all you get to do is eat and watch TV. I never use to pay any of this any attention until now. We are not as free in this country as it appears.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

How do they manage healthcare in Canada? Does it appear you guys are getting ready to go cashless? Do they make you direct deposit youre check from work?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Most people I know dont look past the local news. If I say anything about what is going on in the world, they give me a funny look..like why do I care..I do care!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Ummm...aren't we pretty much there already?

Most people I know don't carry cash on them anymore.

Isn't that the truth? I hate it. It's dirty, and the coins build up in my purse and make it heavy. Pennies particularly are annoying.

I also pay the lawn guys and such through my e-banking. It has a place for "pay a person". For others,pizza delivery and the like, I write a check. I probably only write two or three checks a month now. Good.

I still try to keep 20 dollars or so, for the taco-thru; tips and such.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wouldn’t this single-handedly destroy the war on drugs? As in.. Win the war on drugs? You know.. that war they don’t really want to win because of the money it makes them.
For this reason I can’t see how it’ll work exactly.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It would appear, according to this video, that cards are already chipped.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I rarely use cash anymore, I don't get charged bank fees for using my card either.( unless I use a mega-banks ATM)
In fact, I don't get charged bank fees for ANYTHING!
Unless my balance goes below $500.00, and I keep a very close eye on that....

About the only thing I use cash for nowadays is for vending machines, and purchases I wouldn't want traced back to me.
Like, Alcohol (Which I don't really drink anymore), And cigarettes (When I still smoked them, switched to the ecig about 4 years ago)..

So, Yeah, I wouldn't miss cash at all.
There's nothing really collectable about it now anyways...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by Iwinder

How do they manage healthcare in Canada? Does it appear you guys are getting ready to go cashless? Do they make you direct deposit youre check from work?

We manage our health care with heavy taxes and such, If you are poor and don't have a pot to piss in you still get the same treatment as anyone else here all for free (most procedures but nothing cosmetic)

They have been very heavily encouraging us here to get direct deposits and pay all your bills on line or through automatic withdraw....... This has been going on for years here.

I do believe we are the exception to the rule for most people..
Here is one example of how rare cash is now, 6 months ago we bought a used truck and when the price was agreed upon by both parties the wife pulled out 15 thousand bucks and handed it over to the boss man of the dealership.

You should have seen the look of terror on his face, he finally got it together and asked us why we are driving around with that kind of money on hand?

We just gave him the straight and true answer without blinking we said we don't do debt period.

Last time here they had half hams on sale for really cheap we went out and bought 25 of them with cash and that is over a years supply of hams at little cost and no debt....

Cash can and will give you a very good bargaining tool when it comes to things like a new roof or a new furnace or central air....
I think I have made my point here, everyone hates the taxman and everything is much cheaper with cash, also just to add here things happen much faster when you can flash the cash right there and then.

Regards, Iwinder

S&F to the OP for a great thread.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthropomorphous

but the us gov't is behind the drug, remember the iran contra gig?? I mean, they have to make sure the flow of drugs into the country is good, so they can have a war don't they???

Sorry, I don't do plastic, on the most part, never use my atm, will use a credit card first...
and don't use that much...

before they did this, I imagine that they would install card readers into the cellphones maybe (don't own one of those either but...) so that when our buddy comes up to us wanting to borrow a buck for the bus, well, we can lend him one??

I very seldom spend more that three to four bucks a day....and I certainly ain't gonna use plastic anything for that!!! think it would kill all those vending machines out there peddling sodas and snacks, not to mention garage sales, ect..

but I am sure that somehow they would make sure there is a way for people to buy their illegal drugs since the gov't has a hand in them being shipped into the country to begin with....

try to talk your local gov'ts into issuing local currencies, there are some communities doing it already...
and all will be fine...
use an atm to buy the local currencies, and then go about your business...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join