It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCA - National Association for Scientific and Cultural Appreciation sees disaster in 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It seems that this Patrick Geryl sees death and destruction on an unprecedented scale in 2012.

He calls it Doomsday 2012.

Billions are likely to die in 2012. That's an incredible number: billions, simply hard to imagine.

www.nasca.org.uk...

He predicts both a pole shift and a magnetic field failure that leads to a series of disastrous events.

The particles that are spewed out will set the earth's atmosphere "in flames" and have a real destructive effect on the Van Allen belts. Because of the continuous stream of electromagnetism, the magnetic field of the earth will get overcharged. Trillions of particles will reach the poles. Unknown electric forces will be generated, a nightmare for everybody involved.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Not buying it. We've covered in many threads that Polar Shifts don't just happen over night, but over many many years. Polar Wandering and Shifts are two entirely different aspects that people often get confused with IMO.

Furthermore, I don't find the source all that credible based on my first review of the site. But I'm sure plenty of others will take this more than just a little seriously.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
How do you know that a pole shift cannot happen overnight?

You must have a logical reason.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I would emplore an elaboration as to whether you are referring to the so called Polar Shift Hypothesis (which is a not very well accepted one to boot) or a geomagnetic pole reversal.

The later of which is still somewhat of a puzzle, but none the less not anticipated due in 2012.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It was an interesting quick read.

what I took from it was, basically, that our planet is a machine with its own force field which is soon to receive a giant burst of energy from the sun, short-circuiting our planet and dropping our defenses. After which the magnetic pole will shift, while we little humans get to try to live through it all!

they knew it we
didn't

doh!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I just found this line in the article you linked:

Because of the switching of the magnetic core, the earth will start to rotate in the other direction! Because of this, the outer earth’s crust will break off! In other words the outer layer will be "floating." It will be on the loose, no longer attached to its "master."

I would question how the Earth would simply stop rotating one direction and start moving in the other direction, against the momentum of our orbit of the Sun.

Such a shift would take a huge amount of force on the Earth. On our page about Patrick Geryl we discuss the amount of energy required to move just the core of the earth. Here we are talking about moving the entire axis of rotation of the earth, which would require as much energy as it would take to bring earth to a stop, and then start her rotating in the opposite direction

www.2012hoax.org...

I also found this article interesting from NASA, if that's still considered of credit here:

I will try to explain. This is one of the craziest lies that is being promulgated by the 2012 conspiracy theorists -- worse in many ways than the Nibiru hoax. It is totally absurd, and completely untrue, but still the story spreads and is frightening people.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Time will tell.

I believe that something is happening right now that has to do with our Earth, but I also believe that ignorance can spread like wildfire throughout the internet.

I think we can all agree when I say that I hope this is all a load and nothing bad happens. I love my life, I do not want to die.

Time will tell. Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

This guy is selling books to the gullible. His hypothesis is pure speculation based on nothing! The truth is no one knows how a magnetic pole shift will effect the earth and if it will even happen.
I think I am going to write on of these books. I think i could appeal to the same crowd with all this goobly-gook spiced with fear of destruction, mystical means of knowledge, Mayans, and Atlanteans etc. and I need money right now...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well...That explains a lot. the sheer amount of stuff I find on this site that has to co-exist and eventually meld with other stuff to keep a well informed view as to the nature of what it all means is sometimes overwhelming.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
I just found this line in the article you linked:

Because of the switching of the magnetic core, the earth will start to rotate in the other direction! Because of this, the outer earth’s crust will break off! In other words the outer layer will be "floating." It will be on the loose, no longer attached to its "master."

I would question how the Earth would simply stop rotating one direction and start moving in the other direction, against the momentum of our orbit of the Sun.

Here's an idea, if a 180 degree crustal shift occurred perpendicular to the equator, with or without magnetic pole reversal, the Earth would in fact reverse it's spin. Take a wheel, spin it on an axle clockwise and then turn it upside down, you'll see it's spinning counterclockwise (and there is a loss in momentum). Of course where the Earth is concerned, there would more than likely be a loss of momentum increasing the length of the day, but it would not increase or decrease the orbital period (by very much), therefore, there would be fewer days per year.

The effects would be catastrophic and it wouldn't matter if you were in a DUMB/shelter, in the air or under the ocean, literally everything dies as the physical surface change of 180 degrees would create planetary stresses that we've never witnessed. Although there is a non-zero probability that this scenario "could" occur, "sometime in the future," the odds are very low.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/22.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Ya know....as wound up as everything is,all this hype better equate to SOMETHING happening this year...and soon. or the internet is going to have millions of pissed off people....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I read your posts often stereo. I know you don't believe in this stuff, is this thread to poke fun? I am a bit confused.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by koder

That's the problem with the idea of 2012. It's beginning to harm people in more ways than simply financial endouvers. The depression and axiety going along with this topic in itself could create a devistating December 21, 2012...at this point that is my ONLY concern in regards to this year. Children the age of 5 and 6 should not be questioning what the point of life is. Period.

To the topic.

What would cause such a flip, there still would need to be a source of the energy required in order to cause the earth to come to a complete stop, and then begin turning in the opposite direction. The hypothesis even behind the idea of the earths rotational force slowing at any larger numbers is hardly even considered.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Oh, I agree, Im just so effin tense....like the world is....so much pressure....if nothing else, self fullfilling prophecies are a bitch...and noone can argue the economy is doing great...its the economy that worries me the most. one wrong catalyst, and bam.

I jsut wish if something IS gonna happen, that it just #ing happen already...so we can work to move forward, hopefully in the right direction. WHATEVER it is.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Dosn't this make sense? There must be some possibly that some of this is right.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Interestingly enough Geryl claims that a pole shift will result from a nearly instantaneous magnetic reversal.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

What if this 2012 hoax site is simply a tool of TPTB?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

If you think such a book would sell then by all mans go for it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

What happens if the shift is not a complete 180, but a partial?

Suppose that the shift starts and that it gets hung up. What then?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
And now for our regularly scheduled discussion on Geryl by Johan Normark.

Prophet of nonsense #3: Partick Geryl and the reversal of common sense

top topics

<<   2 >>

join