It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbours dog....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I'm going to either burn my apartment building down or throw myself over my balcony if I have to hear their damn dog any longer.

The people above me got what I could only presume is a rescued dog, its an old blood hound of sorts. Anyways its been about 3 weeks and they leave it home alone all day. Every few minutes it gets into a bout of crying and barking probably from being lonely .I think they have been crate training him aswell every once in a while I can hear the sound of metal slamming on the cieling above me. I love dogs and I'm sure they are doing a good thing by rescuing him (if I am correct) but im pretty sure I'm about to lose my mind.

anyone else deal with a neighbours pet?

thats is all, keep calm and carry on.
edit on 21-3-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I CAN RELATE. I WANT TO MURDERRR THE DOG UPSTAIRS. drives me insane, I started throwing hershey kisses up on their deck and haven't heard the little fk'r since.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
See this thread just posted a while ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

did you fix those hershey kisses with poison lol.

The owner came home just a minute ago and the dog is now quiet.... for now.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I can relate, but not to a dog. Imagine hearing a TV routed through a loud stereo from 5pm till midnight or later, every day.
You need to contact the landlord, something I'm trying again. If that doesn't work, they get a court case with the risk of losing income due to it not being fit for human habitation. Noise is not nice and also against the hire contract when it is structural. We all make noise but damn, if I had a gun I would be threatening people with it. Maybe it's just as well guns are not allowed here.

To the poster above me, please do not feed the dog chocolate. It can kill them. It is not the dog's fault.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

lol seriously? you are acting rediculous
edit on 21-3-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by el1jah

To the poster above me, please do not feed the dog chocolate. It can kill them. It is not the dog's fault.

chocolate is poisonous to doggies

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Hey I've been through this several times. I have raised dogs and I know they have anxiety just like children when left alone. I know it's tough sometimes but it's not the dog's fault. First of all a large dog left all day in an apartment is very unfair. Let alone in a cage. I know I'd be crying and howling if it was me. What I found was If I had a lot of time at home all day I would be friend my neighbour and offer to day sit the dog for them for a small fee. The dog benefited from my company, I helped train the dog with my experience, and I kept sanity. But I'm inclined to love dog's anyway's so it was an easy solution for me and everyone benefited.This could work for you if you like dog's.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Does your area have noise bylaws? Record it and let city enforcement listen to it. If your neighbors have a noisy dog then they shouldn't be living in a densely populated area, or they should be around to deal with the noise issue. At any rate, if they have brought a noise source into an area where excessive noise is illegal then it is their responsibility.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I forgot dogs were allergic to chocolate thanks for the reminder. lol.

The tv is a whole other issue, a dog is an animal of course its just doing what it knows to do.

I used to live in a very ghetto area, in a 6 unit apartment. on the top floor we had two crackheads and their neighbours were a BIG family of rastas, like 8 people in a 2 bedroom apartment. Anyways they would put on this techno-reggea garbage 2 or 3 days a week morning till night. Not even good reggea
Landlord did not care, the building was in shambles and condemned a few weeks after we moved out.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Actually, reg chocolate isn't too bad for them in small doses, But that is an A@@ move on your part.

To the OP, have you talked to the neighbors about the dog? Maybe suggest leaving the T.V. on for it?
On low of course.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I would never have the heart to report them, I'd rather live with it than piss in my own back yard. If they were listening to a stereo I would certainly do something about it though. There are a lot of old people living on their floor, its only a matter of time before they complain, it's what old people do best haha.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

Your avatar freaks me out whats that from?

I love dogs and if I manage to chat with them I might mention it. I've only ever seen the owner once since they moved in though so its going to take some time. Im not comfortable just knocking on their door.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by el1jah

I CAN RELATE. I WANT TO MURDERRR THE DOG UPSTAIRS. drives me insane, I started throwing hershey kisses up on their deck and haven't heard the little fk'r since.

Someone in a community in my province has recently poisoned a number of dogs. As a result they are now one of the most hunted people in the province. What people who don't connect with animals don't understand is that pets for many owners are family members on par with human family members.

How a person treats an animal speaks volumes of their character.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Your avatar freaks me out whats that from?

Oh no not again. I already had to change it once because someone complained about it. It's from "Fire In The Sky"
The Travis Walton Story. I don't know why people freak over it. It's just from a movie. It's the scene where the alien's start to experiment on him. It's a freaky scene but I doubt that ever actually happened to him. I didn't realize there were so many squirmish people on ATS.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

When my girlfriend and I moved into our apartment no one lived upstairs at the time. We were so relieved as it was our first apartment and we didn't have to "be quiet". Well February someone rented out the upstairs apartment, the have a beagle. It's a family of 5 from Arizona with the mother staying home all the time so the dog is used to someone there.

Well the first 2-3 weeks this dog would not stop barking, understandably because they had him locked up in the back quarter of the house. I didn't think much of it until they asked if they were being quiet enough, we told them that their dog barks constantly politely and they were embarrassed. Now they take him whenever they leave the house! Thank God lol. This is besides the point that they stomp like a small army every morning @ 7am to head to the bus and the husband to work. I cannot wait to own my own house!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

That was a good movie, watched it on Netflix when I had it after not seeing it for some time.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

lol I dont think you should have to change it, Im not offended just icked about it. searchingf or torrent now.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Dogs suffer great anxiety when left alone for long
periods of time. One needs to make sure they
have time to spend with the dog very often or
these problems will occur. Their kinda like kids,
they love their masters and want to be with them.
I would hope the dog finds a better suited home,
perhaps in the country side where it can be
outside and near other animals when the owner
is gone.

It can drive one nuts to hear constant barking, I
hope you are able to resolve this problem and
that all turns out better for you and dog.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

lol nice job, glad they were so nice! It reminds me of another neighbour down the hall who I recently saw walking into the building with a violin. I thought to myself 'awesome she knows how to play the violin'... well shes just learning haha. I bumped into her and told her I could hear it she was really embarassed. "it makes the building feel more like a home" i said to her, annnd now she plays it all the time *facepalm*.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join