It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random thoughts on the political state of the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I believe between June and August of 2010 is when I wrote down these thoughts I was having. Between missions in Afghanistan a soldier thinks about many things, anything to try and relax. In my case for some reason I got very interested in serious issues and spent my time following news from various regions trying to make sense of it all, dissecting where the U.S. fits into the picture. Below are my thoughts about various problems.

1. There are a few words used by every politician, these include healthcare, education, and employment. The sad truth is more often than not these subjects are only important to the candidate during a campaign. Only important long enough for support to grow for the politician making these empty promises.

2. If a Nation is rated as one of the lowest in quality of education, but also has the largest defense budget it can only be seen as a major threat to peace.

3. Congress votes on issues that affect everyone in this country. Needless to say they rarely have the common citizens best interests in mind. This is not a true Democracy, it is the elite making decisions for the masses.

4. Our country is headed in the wrong direction and I believe many of us can see this. A question commonly asked is 'what can we do.' Citizens from every corner of our great nation need to stand up and run for office. The only way changes will be made is if we, the every day citizens, make them.

5. Political campaigns have turned into nothing more than opponents spending insane amounts of money to slander the others name. Personal jabs aired on radio and television in no way add to your competence as a public official. Stick to the issues, stay with the people.

6. It doesn't take a genius to be president. It takes someone who is willing to listen to the citizens. Someone who will ask their people how they want things done, and then act on it. The citizens who make up this country should always have the bottom line decision on which direction we will go, and how we will get there.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

So you've seen the problems... What is your solution?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Actually...I had a few pages of solutions written out, however I only have one with me...number 4 and 5. So I'm missing most of it, must have left it at home (overseas now). One night i'll have to take the time to write it out again.

One of the major points of all of this is that it's not one persons issue. One person doesn't come up with the solution, it's a collective thing, to me that is part of what our Democracy is supposed to be.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You're right. It is a collective response but it begins with one individual taking action and being persistent until a resolution is reached, then following through. Nothing gets solved by simply pointing out the problem.

Peace...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
7. Not only can't a Genius be president. If he's honest and not afraid to use his freedom of speech to challenges the masses on #1-6 he's likely to be unemployed. Jobs come with that dollar taped over the mouth.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Atlas Shrugged

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by reitze

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Atlas Shrugged

A great book. It's a pity it isn't mandatory reading in schools these days. But then, the government WANTS you to become a slave to taxation and society. The more you are hooked on "Real Housewives of [fill in the blank here]" and "American Idol," the less likely you are to revolt oppression and the blatant stealing away of your everyday freedoms.

But hey, who's looking???? Modern society is too fat, dumb, and mesmerized by pretty lights to care.

Nothing will change until all has been lost.

new topics

top topics

join