It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative search engines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yesterday on this site I saw a discussion about alernative search engines other than google. I do not aggree with what google has become and have set up duckduckgo and others as my new engines, but there was one in particular I saw but forgot to write it down or save it.

I think it it was something like www.truthxxxxx.org/com/net

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Never heard of that one, some good ones are Startpage.com, and Hidemyass.com.
Startpage in particular cause it uses googles engine on your behalf anonymously.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks dog.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I use Startpage myself; I like it because it doesn't tailor search results to my computer like Google does, you get exactly what you searched for, not what someones marketing research thinks you want to search for. Plus the privacy features which go without saying. If you use Mozilla you can replace the Google search bar with Startpage fairly easily.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
ixquick.com

Think its related to startpage.

Even lets you proxy.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I use Mozilla Firefox which has "Do Not Track Plus" - a Firefox add on -
it has detected and stopped more then
20,000 tracking company
751 Social Buttons
and 19 Ad Networks attempts in just 2 weeks.
edit on 20-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thanks for all your help. I have been looking for a better engine because of how google has sold out to TPTB. I have taken your advice, thanks ATSers!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here is the best Search Engine on the www. And, it doesn't record your IP address. ixquick.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
duckduckgo.com... is what i use. They have a very nice privacy policy, and useful queries, for example most of the time if you ask a common question into the search it will show the answer at the top of the page (eg; what is my ip address, or what is pi).

This is also useful for asking questions or math calulations: www.wolframalpha.com... , however it's not much of a typical search engine for websites.

The two sites work well together as a replacement for google or whatever.

new topics

top topics

join