It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope having his own customize Perfume /cologne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

For a man of god, the Holy Father certainly has expensive tastes. Being the Vicar of Christ, he has access to the countless wealth of the church and certainly has the authority to spend it on what he wills. A custom cologne designed just for his own self though may be taking things a bit too far. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

However that is exactly what the Bishop of Rome has ordained. The task has been assigned to celebrity perfume-maker Silvana Casoli which will make Pope Benedict XVI the only person on the planet to have his own fragrance. The scent shall never be duplicated again. Casoli refused to comment on the details of her perfume (and refused to even give the name of the scent). The only thing that was picked up was that the scent was inspired by the pope's love of "nature" and used a blend of fragrances from lime-wood, verbena and grass. The 85 year old Pope is the head of the Roman Catholic church which with over a billion members is the worlds largest Christian church. The net worth of the Church could be said to be invaluable given the art and historical treasures that are stored within it. Pope Benedict is said to love his material treasures given that he pays close attention to detail in his papal clothing. The current Pope has also re-introduced a number of items to his attire such as a fur-lined deep red cape. He is said to have wore Prada shoes and Gucci sunglasses shortly after being elected Pope (since denied by his entourage). Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

A serious question should be on the soul of the pope himself. Not only of the child abuse accusation, but these outlandish spending habits really place a good question on my head... Is the pope really that spiritual? The answer is obviously no! Fancy cars, hats and glasses does not make the man and I do believe this should be a real question to those who are 100% devoted (i am catholic too) catholicism. Where does the line end?> Apperently not during priest and (possibly) popes touching boys and now we have a materialistic god-man

New International Version (©1984)
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yea. What does a figurehead like the pope need this for? Better check the ingredients for GHB.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I heard it smells the same as month old peppermints in your coat pocket.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Already posted HERE

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Jordan River

Already posted HERE

lame, awaits close

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
hmmm

recently added to the papal gift shop alongside evil begone spray, pope rope soap, whiter than white boxers (not to be worn on fridays) and emergency multiple demonic care package with integrated inflatable gtfooh chariot.
f

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well Europe is full of Pope and Monarchs leeching. The Netherlands, England, Spain, Sweden and that is just out of the top of my head. Nothing new here.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wonder if it will smell like mothballs....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The Pope creeps me out. I bet his new perfume smells like rotten eggs.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It shall be called "Cow Dung eau de toilette"

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The Pope. An older than old man whose ego is so huge he allows himself to be treated as a god. He is chauffered around in a specially made pope-mobile, surrounds himself with luxury and is drowning in unearned riches and wealth.

Man of God my arse

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Pope's cologne smells like candy and ice cream. What's he trying to attract?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

He'd be better off with a string of garlic and a wooden stake

edit on 21/3/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well, in this case I would expect they reveal the cost of this expense, for the tithe payers.

If it is being done for free I'm sure it will be mentioned.

The pope already wears the fanciest robes in the world, why not the fanciest smell, he's going to start a new trend, now every celebrity is going to want their own custom scent, all anyone has to do is take a look at indiana jones and the last crusade, and make some parallels to know how the true 'pope' of the world should be and look, like the humble cup, as opposed to the jewel encrusted golden goblet.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Wow, the Vicar of Christ lives larger than Christ himself. As someone who admires many basic tenets of Catholicism and the work of many humble priests and nuns, I do find this a rather revolting development. It doesn't help that I'm allergic to most cologne and perfumes and can't understand why people spray that stuff on themselves. I do have to wonder why a celibate person would be interested in all that bling, especially if they are in a line of work that holds up poverty and humility as a virtues for those seeking greater spirituality.

Edit to add, why isn't this vast wealth being shared with struggling dioceses? So many poor catholic churches are being shut down these days, forcing elderly parishioners to lose their lifelong places of worship. And so many good Catholics are struggling to make ends meet. There should only be enough wealth in a religious organization to sustain its operations. Anything accumulated above and beyond that amount is contrary to Christ's teachings.
edit on 21-3-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

top topics

join