It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Induced Telepathy, what do you think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This is a personal account and of course anyone can take it however they want. This topic may even be deleted because of it's content, I guess we shall see.

I am 51% positive telepathy is possible and here's why:

During my childhood I wasn't exactly the good kid, I partook in various activities you would consider to be rebellious or something a hippy would do, though you would never consider me a hippy looking at me. I am incredibly analytical and so is my farther, so I suppose it runs in the genes. I am a strange person, not being one thing but a combination of all, at least that is how I would think that I am. I would like to think that I am intelligent though I can't really talk about that too much as I try to stay humble most of the time. I guess this doesn't matter so much I just wanted to try and paint a picture of who I am, I can't really describe it in a paragraph. I'm weird.

So... telepathy, I'm convinced there is something to it. Let me give a few examples:

During my teenage years I induced certain psychological states with help, during some of these events unexplainable things happened. I've been trying for years to find an explanation about something that is largely taboo in my culture, some things are easily explainable and lead me to believe in indirect realism. What we perceive in our mind is basically a virtual reality of the real physical world, this is a heavy topic and I don't expect anyone to fully comprehend it immediately. For some reference maybe here is the wikipedia link:

Direct and Indirect Realism

Sometimes things happen in the mind that are purely in our minds, it's proven we hallucinate things. Even without "help" we can experience things we know do not exist, there are many things like this which lead me to believe in indirect realism. Biological organisms are basically growing into the physical world, strange huh? This raises the question of consciousness and where it comes from, what gives the "life" and "personality" that exists without the nurture of nature?

Even without attempting to explain it there are many people who believe that we are all part of some unified force, that our "souls" or our living "consciousness" comes from somewhere different than the physical world. Though I am sort of an agnostic or an atheist, I tend to think this might be correct to a certain extent. I can only dream about the nature of this and where it comes from, though I truly think I can feel it personally. By now you can probably tell I am at least a little skeptical of everything around me, I try not to believe anything for sure but I like to explore what I perceive with my senses, how many of them there might be.

So, lets get to the meat and bones. During my teenage years I experienced what could only be called drug induced telepathy, there is no other way to explain it. We both saw what was on the television, we talked about it, we had both seen the movie beforehand and afterward. What we saw was not the actual movie and we both clearly saw the same thing, a hallucination? How did we both see the exact same thing that was not the movie as it is in reality? How did the movie change in our minds simultaneously for the both of us? I have researched long and hard to find the answer to this and there really is none. Drug induced or not, how is this possible? Some massive coincidence?

This was the first time I noticed.

As I continued my delinquent life, more experiences popped up one after another. Sometimes with groups of people, sometimes just me and a friend. With groups of people the hallucinations are dependent on the mindset of the other people, it's strange. They actually affect hallucinations inside of your own mind, as if their thought is causing something like interference in yours. With only two people it manifests more like a link between the two. There is no logical explanation to this and it has been largely unexplored by the public as far as I can tell.

Time and time again, I experienced this "mind link" if you could call it that with no other explanation than it was a pure hallucination. It doesn't explain how they knew what I was thinking and I knew them. If we had been playing a game of chess it would have been impossible, we never would have made it past the first move due to us having a psychological debate inside our own minds with each other. We all had the same visions that were not real, how is this possible? Sometimes people couldn't realize it and sometimes they could, there were things that were unique about the people that could sense it, but I'm not going to venture into pointing what that was. The only possible explanation is group telepathy.

Some will say that the fact of the matter is it's just a hallucination and it can't be taken seriously, but it just doesn't explain it. The only possible thing that could have happened was some form of telepathy or some kind of mutual "group mind" exists. It really blows my mind and I wish the public was allowed to do further study on this. Regardless of the means of acquiring it, it leads me to believe that at least some form of telepathy is possible.

Maybe if there is someone else who has experienced the same thing, or if someone understands this better than I do, you can explain it? I hear there is a prize to be won for proving these kinds of claims, I assume they don't allow this state to be induced in this manner beforehand.

What do you think? Has anyone else experienced this?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

The only possible explanation is group telepathy.

No, there are other explanations but I do not believe we will be discussing them because this against t&c and one of the touchiest rules on the board.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So be it then.

I don't understand what other explanation there is, I guess you would have to experience it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by boncho

So be it then.

I don't understand what other explanation there is, I guess you would have to experience it.

Quite easy, hopefully you can read this before the threads trashed.

We all had the same visions that were not real, how is this possible?

You are taking something that effects the mind the same way. Similar hallucinations can be expected. If one person was talking and mentioned "snakes" it's very likely everyone would see snakes.

The Government did a wide array of testing on all newly discovered substances from early 1900's to the 70's.

They checked for things like this, all they got were a bunch of researchers dropping stuff in each others coffee as a joke.

edit on 20-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I suggest reading experimental data on thought experiments. As substances make people more open to suggestion, this is exactly what was studied in the MKultra experiments et al.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yea, I understand that.

It's just that is was very real and no coincidence, believe me I have tried to understand it throughout my entire life. Other people could literally tell what I was thinking and I could them. I'm not one to say stuff like that lightly, if it was as easy to explain as that I would have ruled it out a long time ago. It happened multiple times.

Things happened that weren't some mundane event, an entire movie played out before us that wasn't the same as the actual movie. I can remember it to this day.
edit on 20-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Maybe one of you drugged up hippies sat on the remote.

the most logical answer is drug induced telepathy...... of course...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

You were under the influence, any memories you had are tainted. If you had a sober person in the room holding up blind numbers and everyone in the room was guessing from one person's vantage point, that would be a different story.
edit on 20-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I guess I should elaborate on the movie. It was the same movie sort of, but everything was different. The scenes were different but expressed the same sort of thing. It was obviously the same movie, but it wasn't the same and we could both see that. Whatever it was that we saw, the specifics were not the same but we both saw the same thing. Things in the movie changed for the both of us and we talked about them. It wasn't the same thing that was shown in original movie, it's hard to explain.

A bunch of cars would appear as synchronized lights like a design on the screen and we both saw the same. We both saw the same hallucinations, how is that possible?

I'm already aware they were hallucinations of course, but how did we see the same hallucinations?

How did I know what other people were thinking without them saying anything?

I could literally tell someone what they were thinking and they would confirm it, multiple times with different people. I was hallucinating but also aware, matter of fact I did experiments on a tape recorder to confirm it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

All your minds were pliable because of your state, you all had the same outside influence, all were being effected the same way by the substance you were taking.

This isn't some deep mystery, this is the reason people bought lava lamps in the 70's.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That's the easy explanation.

The fact is some information was traded without speech. Whether it be because of the drug or the our environment, some kind of information was mutual between us. This is what lead me to research things like direct/indirect realism and qualia.

Qualia

Qualia (play /ˈkwɑːliə/ or /ˈkweɪliə/), singular "quale" (Latin pronunciation: [ˈkwaːle]), from a Latin word meaning for "what sort" or "what kind," is a term used in philosophy to refer to subjective conscious experiences as 'raw feels'. Daniel Dennett writes that qualia is "an unfamiliar term for something that could not be more familiar to each of us: the ways things seem to us.

It is a real philosophical mystery and not an issue of someone sitting on a remote. Such as the "feeling" you get from basking in the morning sunshine, where does that "feeling" come from? It's something that can only be known by someone who experiences it. If you kept a person underground for all their life and then let them out, they would receive that feeling and that information of what that is like.

You can't explain to someone about that and have them get that information, where does it come from?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

There is a theory that we function in a concious state and due to our upbringing, like No there is no such thing as your imaginary friend, we tend to develop a status quo so to speak, now lets get to our subconcious,the real you your inner being the desired state is to merge both and become one, so we do not have to SCREW on our face when we leave the house and become someone that we are not just to appease our daily communications with our fellow man, you apparently experimented with some substances which opened up certain areas of your brain, an explaination given to me one time was " we are like grains of sand on the bank of a flowing river and that river is flowing through us which is actually pure thought" ever just can't remember something and you say ( it will come to me in a minute) and then bang there it is, or for example when the phone rings and you say that is bill or mary or whoever and you are right, there is an etherial connection between our species and the reason you both saw the same (different) show was that you were picking up the same thought waves, we are such complex ententies that i am sure only a few actually know the secret

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Where does that come from?

It comes from neurons firing in the brain.

We are all made up of the same goo. It's very easy to walk into a university, pick out some first years and tell them exactly how they feel and what they've been up to. And some of them might think your psychic. A couple smart ones will just realize you've already graduated and you know from personal experience.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamstalker

Well, I've heard that kind of stuff and while it sounds nice, it doesn't explain it.

The fact is some kind of information was traded without speech, the only way I can attempt to explain it is some form of subconscious telepathy that exists. I guess a lot of people will think I am just plain lying and I don't blame them, but really it is something I experienced that cannot be explained.

reply to post by boncho

Okay, well we aren't going to get anywhere discussing neuroscience, even though we should be able to. Obviously the mechanics in our brains were working to produce this, but I'm asking how we arrived with the same information exactly?

This wasn't a cold read, we both thought and saw the same things simultaneously without any speech what so ever, until we talked about it afterwards, in fact after the first time we started to try and discuss and figure it out. Also, how does that explain being able to tell (without speech as well) precise things about other people and visa versa with them. I don't want to get into it because it gets pretty raw, but there were truths about people that were exposed without them saying so. It just happened against their will that we knew it about them.

I'm really not pulling your leg about this. I know it sounds crazy, I can't comprehend it either. I'm open to the possibility that this was all just a hallucination, but things we're said, discovered and recorded that prove otherwise. I really don't know how it happened, it was incredible.

Daniel Dennett identifies four properties that are commonly ascribed to qualia. According to these, qualia are:

ineffable; that is, they cannot be communicated, or apprehended by any other means than direct experience.
intrinsic; that is, they are non-relational properties, which do not change depending on the experience's relation to other things.
private; that is, all interpersonal comparisons of qualia are systematically impossible.
directly or immediately apprehensible in consciousness; that is, to experience a quale is to know one experiences a quale, and to know all there is to know about that quale.

The above is about qualia, which is something very intriguing to me.

This is not something that is fake or a hoax. I am convinced there is something to this.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

1) Before her release, Mary was in possession of all the physical information about color experiences of other people.
2) After her release, Mary learns something about the color experiences of other people.
3) Therefore, before her release, Mary was not in possession of all the information about other people's color experiences, even though she was in possession of all the physical information.
4) Therefore, there are truths about other people's color experience that are not physical.
5) Therefore, physicalism is false.

There, that is an argument for something else but it goes to show that some information was exchanged and the source of the information is unknown. Where did it come from? Even a scientist will admit that we do not know everything about the workings of the brain, as far as I can tell our brains receive seemingly sourceless information, why is it so ridiculous that we may be able to pick up some information the means of which we haven't fully understood yet?

Another interesting field of science that (I think) glances on this is biosemiotics, or essentially studying the output of life.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Well, okay. Thanks for talking about it those that did, I expect this will probably get deleted so good night everyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Time and time again, I experienced this "mind link" if you could call it that with no other explanation than it was a pure hallucination. It doesn't explain how they knew what I was thinking and I knew them.

Scatman Crothers would call it "Shining". See the part in the movie when he talks to Danny over chocolate ice cream:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Infinitely existent, yet paradoxically non-existent universe terminating into individual perspectives manifesting as objective/subjective realities. Looking out, I see all, but looking in, I see nothing, but really what I see when I look out is that which looks in and sees nothing and looks out and sees all. How I define you defines me and vice versa. Everyone lives in their own little world. What I'm saying is, if you believe something strongly enough, you can make it happen.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Bull spit. You can't turn one hair on your head white or black.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I am 101% positive telepathy is possible and here's why:

I have experienced telepathic moments throughout my life.

Humans are capable of telepathy.

It's as simple as that.

The problem is that in Western culture, with its repressive roots, it has become taboo to explore these naturally occurring actions of our brains. People who choose to acknowledge these things are called names: strange, weird, crazy, psychotic, witches, and so on. These same people are shunned, persecuted, and otherwise treated as outcasts unless they pretend to be "normal".

The only time that "normal" people are able to completely let go of that societal pressure to be "normal" is while under the influence of excessive levels of chemicals which are not necessarily native to the human body.

So, I would say that what you experienced was real. However, you will only be able to experience it naturally with other people if they can accept the fact that they are able to access those same skills at any time.

I also do not fit in anywhere. I also prefer to perpetually consider information rather than believe it. Personally, I am of the opinion that all information is fluid and dynamic. In spending much time alone, even when around other people, I learned to use my mind in "weird" ways. It just takes practice and a mind open to any possibility.

I believe you.

Thanks for posting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join