It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not float balloons into chemtrails to sample their contents?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Many of us in the USA have seen this ad about using credit card points to craft a balloon that flies a digital camera up to space and captures video of the thresholds of Earth: youtu.be...

While on the train on a beautiful blue sunny day recently, I saw several planes spraying in different heights in the air, and in different patterns. The exhaust trails left behind by the white, cigar-shaped planes were long, thin and white and spanned for miles and did not disperse very rapidly. Quite frankly, it sort of put a damper on my commute. Why are they spraying such long trails, and what is in it?

The thought occurred to me; Why not float balloons with spectrometers up into the airplane exhaust after the plane is long gone and see what its true contents are.

Has anybody already done this? I would like to see any results from your findings.
edit on 3/20/2012 by Terces_Pot_Evoba because: bad youtube link

edit on 3/20/2012 by Terces_Pot_Evoba because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Don't think sending up devices into the flight paths of commercial aircraft is a good idea. Logistics are off also. It's not like you can aim your balloon as the drafts will change along with winds.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

good points, but why not a drone of sorts then? or a balloon/drone hybrid?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
S&F I hope all the "believers" of "Deadly Chemtrails" will do this and finally see its just mosquito spray!

Subscribed to see how many people are going to quote me and say "They are REAL!"

Just know before you do that I acknowledge aircrafts spray things in the air, just not deadly particles.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm with the OP on this one..

A couple sticky mouse traps and a balloon..(x1 nothing but x100 you might get something)

Would be interesting just to see if it is nothing..

Gonna be expensive to have mass spectrometer work on say 100 glue traps..oh well

I always said you was a thinkin man, you ain't never thought o nothing, but hey..

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Perhaps you could donate to this guy's project

2nd

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terces_Pot_Evoba
reply to post by staple

good points, but why not a drone of sorts then? or a balloon/drone hybrid?

Yes, why not? Why arn't you doing it? I always see people here asking "why isn't somebody doing this"? Well, probably because it isn't at all strait forward. Maybe because they would rather just be lazy, sit at their computer and complain that no one has done it. Maybe for the exact same reasons you haven't done it.

If it is possible and you want it done, then I really see no reason why you couldn't do it. The world can't run on delegators alone.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Well MJM & co sent $50 k on a piece of fiction called "What in the World are they Spraying", and are taking suckers...er...donations for the next instalment...so there's money out there.

But I think it is all in feeding the followers, and not in actually finding out anything factual.....'cos facts might get in the way of the gravy train if they are inconvenient, and you wouldn't want to risk that!

Someone posted on here a few months ago an address for a plane that can be hired by the hour to take atmospheric samples - I wish I'd bookmarked it, because threads on this subject do crop up from time to time.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jonthedit

Just know before you do that I acknowledge aircrafts spray things in the air, just not deadly particles.

Try sticking your head in the jet exhaust and saying that.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well if they're actually a sinister conspiracy to poison the people in the area..

Wouldn't you just be able to test the air for any significant chemical presence?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

My answer to your questions...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Shh....they tried that..it didn't work.....

They get all antsy if you point it out too loudly!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Why not just go with the many existing samples? That have already been analyzed.

And found to be incorrect, normal, falsified and/or just bad science.

Texas Chemtrail Samples

Fibres - no attempt to show they originated from aircraft in the first place

Chemtrail Ground Sample

Chemtrails are supposed to be in the air

The views shown are microscopic views (approximately 40 - 60X) of filaments extracted from a sample taken from the ground after aerial spraying in eastern Oregon on Nov 2 and Nov 4 1999.
- again no attempt made to actually connect the samples with the putative source.

Chemtrail Sky Samples

Uh...no - "Chemtrail side of house samples" full of organisms containing a whole heap of Pseudomonas fluorescens a common bacteria readily found in soil and water.....

And I wonder what brown sticky stuff contaiing a lot of organics and bacteria might be

Chemtrails - Shocking Phoenix Air Quality

Completely normal Phoenix air quality!

Chemtrails in Napa County

Identifies occasional spikes in mineral content in water - but makes no attempt at all to identify the source other than "it happened after spraying" and the like.

For example after heavy rain -

You see spikes in barium whenever there is a wet year after a dry year. Recent years like these are 1991, 1995, 1998 and 2004 (2001 and 2003 also spiked to a lesser extent). The expected peaks were confirmed by the results of Rosalind Peterson at California Skywatch.

Life in the Time of Chemtrails

A whole bunch of false info on this one - but my favourite is this:

About 3 months ago a Mohave County Resident, Mr. Alan Di Cicco, after feeling very ill for a long time, he did test his blood for Barium, Aluminum and other toxic metals. His blood test results were alarming. The maximum levels according to Labcore labs for the BARIUM (a toxic element) is 2 and Quest Labs is 10...
Mr. Di Cicco levels were 150!! 1500% above the maximum levels!
(taken from a YT video linked on the front page of he above)

15 times the limits?? WOW!!

Except it wasn't - just another unfortunate person suffering completely unnecessary anxiety - and spreading it around his friends and neighbours.

All these have been debunked long ago.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Why not just take an airplane??

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well heck, if you don't like lab tests from Texas and Venice, Italy and eastern Oregon and the Oregon seaboard and Pennsylvannia and Idaho and Phoenix and Napa County, CA and Las Vegas then how about these:

from New Mexico and Edmonton, Canada and Holmestead, CA and Whangarei, New Zealand and Redding, CA and Mt. Shasta, CA and Mt. Rainier, CA and Alachua County, FL and Golden Valley, AZ and Kingman, AZ and Bullhead City, AZ.

The last link is particularly interesting because it ties to the 'valueless' strontium stockpile that congress ordered the military to dispose of. Who knew that it could be used as a chemtrail?
New Mexico Air & Water Quality
Chemtrails - spraying in our sky
Chemtrail Chemicals Confirmed
chemtrail lab reports
Lab Tests Confirm High Levels of Aluminum
Chemtrails over Mohave County are confirmed

edit on 20-3-2012 by luxordelphi because: correct spelling of Holmestead

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Well heck, if you don't like lab tests from Texas and Venice, Italy and eastern Oregon and the Oregon seaboard and Pennsylvannia and Idaho and Phoenix and Napa County, CA and Las Vegas then how about these:

from New Mexico and Edmonton, Canada and Holmestead, CA and Whangarei, New Zealand and Redding, CA and Mt. Shasta, CA and Mt. Rainier, CA and Alachua County, FL and Golden Valley, AZ and Kingman, AZ and Bullhead City, AZ.

There's nothing particularly wrong with the lab tests - just with the misrepresentation that they are somehow "chemtrails"

The last link is particularly interesting because it ties to the 'valueless' strontium stockpile that congress ordered the military to dispose of. Who knew that it could be used as a chemtrail?

I'll get back to this - you know that Aluminium, Barium and Strontium are all contained in Dr Willards Water, right - which is promoted as a cure for chemtrail illnesses??

New Mexico Air & Water Quality

Yeah that dihydrogen monoxide is certainly dangerous stuff - brilliant!!

I'm sure the others will be just as entertaining, but don't have the time to follow them now

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

There's nothing particularly wrong with the lab tests - just with the misrepresentation that they are somehow "chemtrails"

Oh really...so what goes up, doesn't come down anymore? When did this happen?

I'll get back to this - you know that Aluminium, Barium and Strontium are all contained in Dr Willards Water, right - which is promoted as a cure for chemtrail illnesses??

I don't know who Dr. Willards is but I do know about the 'hair of the dog' thing and the whole ' a lot will kill you and a little bit of the same will cure you' thing. Not a believer or disbeliever except that, in my youth, a binge the night before seemed to be helped by a bloody mary the morning after. Is that what you mean?

Yeah that dihydrogen monoxide is certainly dangerous stuff - brilliant!!

Do you mean this:

Dihydrogen Monoxide - The Truth

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year.

Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Sounds ok to me, how about you?

I'm sure the others will be just as entertaining, but don't have the time to follow them now

You don't? What's up with that? I thought you were a paid poster. You mean you have a day job?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

This seems to be becoming a common practice in disposing of unwanted hazardous waste material.

Instead of incinerating it in a factory furnace that needs to meet special guidelines.

They just reformulate it and dispose of the material above our heads making it disperse and less traceable.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

I have used balloons, and high power rockets with pidot tubes and have found nothing but the normal atmospheric components. I have done this over a dozen times and in my opinion chemtrails are a total myth.
edit on 3/20/2012 by unsteadystate because: edited for sentance structure

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join