It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change and earthquakes = cover up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I live in Maine and I am 31 years old. The past 2 days it has been 75F+ degrees (yesterday it got to 81F). Chicago: 5 straight days of 80F+ something that has never been seen before. Two feet of snow in Arizona and ice in San Diego. I was born and raised in the Detroit area of Michigan and they have seen a stretch of tornadoes, some as far north as Mt. Pleasant. I have never seen anything like this and I have lived in some of the snowiest areas of the Northeast US and mid-Atlantic region. I probably wouldn't be so amazed if not experiencing this unusual weather myself.

So this bring me to my post. I was talking with some customers at work today and they brought up a fascinating discussion. It has been reported that the Japan earthquake caused Earth's axis to tilt approximately 6.5 inches.. It might be safe to assume that other massive quakes like Japan's caused the axis to shift. He then asked me: Could these shifts eventually bring on a gradual change of climate around the globe? If there is a possibility, how many "inches" would it take to change the climate and what could the effect be and how long would it be until any effects are seen? It was a warm winter for almost everyone in the US, especially the Northeast. I recall that most lakes never froze and many ski resorts never opened. If this is a possibility, could we be in the midst of the process? Could the truth of this, if any, be hidden from the public and if so for how long? Maybe Al Gore was trying to tell us something...It would be like the US government or other self rightous agencies to discredit him and his work as a joke. So assuming this process is real, is happening and was/is being hidden from us, how long have such entities known about it? I admit my research is basically limited to this posting, so I encourage comments.
edit on 19-3-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
As we move into the age of aquarius yes the earths axis will change the equator will move and the climate will change but it has nothing to do with global warming

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Timmins Ontario. march 19. Usually 3 feet of snow on the ground at this point and there is grass outside. a little bit of snow left but not much. Its been on average 19*C here for the last 3 days. WTF is going on??

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I do agree that it is uncommonly warm. I don't know the reasons why as I don't know the first thing about the field beyond basic knowledge. So I did some digging and found this.

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

I hope it helps.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's great to hear from some of you guys that it's unusually hot because the past few days in Death Valley it's been so cold that you either need to keep your hands in your pockets or wear warm gloves. We've had a pretty cold winter too. My pond froze over half a dozen times this year and only once the year before. Seems like I was running my cooler almost every day this time two years ago. I haven't even used it once so far this year.

I don't think it's heating or cooling this year. I think the jet stream or whatever controls the weather is majorly disturbed. With the gulf oil spill on one end and Fukushima the other it doesn't surprise me all that much.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BULLETINYOURHEAD
As we move into the age of aquarius yes the earths axis will change the equator will move and the climate will change but it has nothing to do with global warming

Links to this claim?

I don't think the Japan or any of the quakes of last year, were even close to causing Earth changes.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I do agree that it is uncommonly warm. I don't know the reasons why as I don't know the first thing about the field beyond basic knowledge. So I did some digging and found this.

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

I hope it helps.

Thanks for that link! I just read the report. Here is what I found most interesting in regards to the Northeast region (where I live.)

Northeast Region: (Information provided by the Northeast Regional Climate Center) February was the eleventh month in a row that Northeast temperatures averaged above normal and the fourth consecutive month that each of the states in the region posted warmer than normal temperature averages.

11 months is a very long stretch. Began just around the time of the Japanese quake. So my next question is, what happened 4 months ago?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Originally posted by BULLETINYOURHEAD

Links to this claim?

I don't think the Japan or any of the quakes of last year, were even close to causing Earth changes.

6.5 inches is a lot when talking about the entire planet. But lets not forget Chile where the axis moved about 8 centimeters or 3 inches. I think it also happened with Haiti too but I can't find a link at the moment. So 6.5 + 3 = 9.5. That's pretty astounding...so that would have no effect at all?
edit on 19-3-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm currently doing a fair bit of snooping on this
As undeniably something's going on and that we have indeed shifted a little
But how much really
What I'm trying to do is
Find maps of the exact same area, scale ect and see what the gma is for each year
Gma is the difference between magnetic north and grid north ( the grid lines pointing north on a map )
This vairies from year to year by 2.2ml every year at the moment
For example if you had a gma in 2005 of 60
In 2012 it would be 75.4 ( 75 )
7 years of a 2.2 variation
It is a ......tad more complicated than that but this is the basics

I'm just struggling to get hold of the maps I require
Anyone out there got such maps or access too ?
These would show any major shifts
Firstly the gma is printed each year on that years map and how to work out subsequent years
And .......the compas doesn't lie ( if you use it right lol )
Could this help us figure this out ?
I've never seen any research into it
And as I said Im struggling to get say 15 years worth of maps of the same place

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Move 9 inches either way and see if the climate changes....it doesn't. Now a shift of hundreds of miles would make a difference but this isn't what happened.

The only thing that happened was the day got shorter by a micro second.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Move 9 inches either way and see if the climate changes....it doesn't. Now a shift of hundreds of miles would make a difference but this isn't what happened.

The only thing that happened was the day got shorter by a micro second.

Tell that to this island nation. But also by your logic, the world could flip over totally, and everything will be just peachy. I don't think that is the case, earthquakes or not.
edit on 19-3-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: add

top topics

join