It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate the republican party.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I really do hate the republican party. Not to say that I really like the democrats, but the republicans really annoy me. Here's why.

1. Constant lying. Republicans when asked questions they do not have a real answer to, make one up. This usually involves blaming the poor, the disabled, and the non-christian. Why do people stand for this crap?

2. Get off welfare and get a job! Yes, that is their mentality. Did it ever occur to them that those disabled people may not enjoy living at the poverty line, and would love to be able to work? Nope, never. All welfare users are BAD! According to them.

3. Unrealistic opptimism. Michelle Bachman is a good example of that. Her untolerable belief that big business is ran by people with hearts, that would never do anyone wrong, is just stupid. It's a dramatization of the republican economic ideals which DO NOT WORK. In truth, by bringing that front and center and making a specticle of herself , she's helping the country(unintentionally), by not being president.

4. Picking and choosing sides to get the little person's vote. Republicans love to choose sides on small issues to get the vote of the working class, even though they in no way serve the working class.

5. Blindly accusing others. Everytime I speak to a republican, they seem to blame a person that's having a run of bad luck. They didn't work hard enough, they mismanaged their money, they just weren't good enough. When will they admit that a little luck, whether good or bad, can make all the difference? Then they come up with the "you make your own luck BS".

6. Just plain sucking at their job. George W. Bush screwed up twice, massively! Why are we bashing Obama when GWB screwed up far worse than he has so far? (Not an Obama supporter btw. He has his issues but GWB was worse)

How can anyone seriously support this group of people? Their may be some wisdom in their ideals, but actions speak louder than ideals. Their actions just plain stink. They're the closest things we have to political con-artists in this country right now. How many of you smell it too?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Then you are nothing more than what is desired of the citizenry. Instead of seeing that it's two wings of the same bird you are going to bemoan and attack a single side. This polarity of opinion and action is why we as a nation are nothing more than chattel.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure how it's even possible to pick sides.

All I see is "turd burger vs. shmeg sandwich".

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity

Democrats have problems too, but the republicans bother me way more. At least the American people realize the democrats are full of crap. Many of them believe in the republicans, which is very dangerous considering they are liars.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I don't care what bothers you, the fact of the matter is people like you are the majority. Americans are utterly intellectually dishonest and will play the two party game until they are blue in the face rather than face the fact that both parties are equally culpable in what happens in this nation.

The division and differences you think you see from the outside are part of the show. Topics such as these are nothing but an exercise in mental masturbation, a distraction when we should be storming the capital and demanding every last one of them hang high.

Unless you are calling for full accountability you only do them a favor.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity

I don't support either party.....not sure why you think I do. I believe the whole thing is a big circle of crap. I'm just concerned that the republicans are selling thier crap too well.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I agree. The GOP has done or neglected to do many things. That is one reason I do not trust them.
Today I read a opinion post I would like to share.
source

Its called "This insane war on women" here are some quotes;

Yet the Republican Party seems to live in a different reality. Here we are, smack in the middle of a presidential race, and the right is busy trying to undo everything the women’s movement has accomplished in the last 50 years — most notably reproductive rights, which were crucial in letting us pursue careers in the first place

What truly enraged women about the episode were the craven excuses for Limbaugh’s comments offered by leading Republicans, including three of the four remaining presidential candidates.

and one more from the post

In this climate, even the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act is stirring GOP pots. The bill passed out of the Senate Judiciary Committee without a single Republican vote.

The craziness of people that vote for Republicans amazes me.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Funny thing is, I hate the Democrats for the same reasons.
I don't like the Republicans either, but I hate the Democrats more. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I hate everyone!

oh and your arguments can be reversed to either side -

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Pretty much all the same reasons I despise dim/libs with their mania against gun ownership thrown in

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
I agree. The GOP has done or neglected to do many things. That is one reason I do not trust them.
Today I read a opinion post I would like to share.
source

Its called "This insane war on women" here are some quotes;

Yet the Republican Party seems to live in a different reality. Here we are, smack in the middle of a presidential race, and the right is busy trying to undo everything the women’s movement has accomplished in the last 50 years — most notably reproductive rights, which were crucial in letting us pursue careers in the first place

What truly enraged women about the episode were the craven excuses for Limbaugh’s comments offered by leading Republicans, including three of the four remaining presidential candidates.

and one more from the post

In this climate, even the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act is stirring GOP pots. The bill passed out of the Senate Judiciary Committee without a single Republican vote.

The craziness of people that vote for Republicans amazes me.

This is a totally manufactured issue by the media and Democrat party in order to distract from high unemployment, high gas prices, continuing war and over all incompetency. The Republican didnt bring it up. Rather, it was started by George Stephanepolous (Former Clinton administration) and then carried on as an issue by democrats and their mass media. You feel for it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

The domestic violence bill was last summer, and the birth control issue with L was last month.
So maybe you need to educated or atleast read the linked post before you make quips about me falling for anything.
I educated myself as much as possible by reading everything in reference to candidates. That is everyones job. To be informed not just follow a few "quips" and believe them.

The author doesn't say what political party she is. Blaming the Democrates for this is just showing your sheeple.
She, the author, may be speaking of her own party. Who knows?
All we know are her thoughts, since its an opinion piece. But all the facts can be searched and verified...if your interested in finding anything real.

edit on 19-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Funny thing is, I hate the Democrats for the same reasons.
I don't like the Republicans either, but I hate the Democrats more. Go figure.

Yep.
The Dems are far more manipulative of poor people. They are just as destructive to the poor and supportive of the elite but people believe their ridiculous propaganda that they support poor and minorities. They support creating dependent and obedient slaves and do a good job of it. The Repubs are more open with their disdain of the poor. They just use the Jesus freak demographic to same effect that the Dems use the pathetic schmoes in the cult of perpetual victimhood and dependency. If someone put a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd have to go republican. They may be more outwardly cold, but Democrats are just plain deluded and pathetic.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
no political party will ever meet 100% of a persons view point so thats why they try to grab as much of what they think a person with the more mainstream views will want with a few more outlandish efforts to differenciate them from the other party (you can have guns or birth control etc) but at the end of the day its probably best to keep a copy of the election manifesto and perhaps spend a bit of time ticking off whats actually been done and vote for those that actually deliver what you want

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I do.dim/libs have never done a single thing for my demographic and never will and the Repubs have a few times,thus they have my support.Its pretty simple when you look at it from a step back

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I hear ya Evolutionsend. I really do. I am a republican (really only by default of the 2 party system, better described as a conservative libertarian) and I hate all the things you listed as well. It is not a byproduct of being republican though, as I am a republican and agree with you. You are painting with a very broad brush, though I don't think you necessarily intend to do that.

It is politicians. They are the problem, left or right, republican or democrat, it hardly matters. It is the tactics used, the demagoguery, the lies, the deceit, the involvement of special interest and corruption. Blaming a group is hardly correct, the blame falls within individuals who proclaim to represent a group. The left or right bias of media outlets helps spread this as well.

The simple fact is, with so many important issues in the country and only two parties with two views to represent the thousands of potential ways to address these issues we get stuck with this crap. Until people are wise enough to see past the BS we will just continue to get the BS.

The solution I think you touched on when you spoke about the ideals. People see politics as a competition. Nobody listens to anybody else unless they are on "their side". The sad thing is we are on the same side.

Democrats can't tolerate Republicans and vice versa. In a truly free country, we would both have a representative government of our choice. That is the whole point of state rights, I would take it a step further and bring it down to local governments and give them all the power.

The problem is the centralized power, as long as that occurs republicans will never be happy and neither will the Democrats. It will just be an eternal struggle fighting against each other, whereas if the power was de-centralized everybody could get what they want or would simply have to tolerate it long enough until they could find arrangement's to move a very short distance away where perhaps their views are more prevalent.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
I really do hate the republican party. Not to say that I really like the democrats, but the republicans really annoy me. Here's why.

1. Constant lying. Republicans when asked questions they do not have a real answer to, make one up. This usually involves blaming the poor, the disabled, and the non-christian. Why do people stand for this crap?

I always tell the truth , even when I lie I tell the truth!

2. Get off welfare and get a job! Yes, that is their mentality. Did it ever occur to them that those disabled people may not enjoy living at the poverty line, and would love to be able to work? Nope, never. All welfare users are BAD! According to them.

I am about homeless but just got a call and was awarded a job. I will spend $150 a week on gas and give up my food stamp card worth $200 a month, but I am gonna gut it out!

3. Unrealistic opptimism. Michelle Bachman is a good example of that. Her untolerable belief that big business is ran by people with hearts, that would never do anyone wrong, is just stupid. It's a dramatization of the republican economic ideals which DO NOT WORK. In truth, by bringing that front and center and making a specticle of herself , she's helping the country(unintentionally), by not being president.

Its the primaries Michelle Bachmann isn't on the ticket!

4. Picking and choosing sides to get the little person's vote. Republicans love to choose sides on small issues to get the vote of the working class, even though they in no way serve the working class.

Dems go to the closet for their votes ,,,pretty low but since you bring it up there you go!

5. Blindly accusing others. Everytime I speak to a republican, they seem to blame a person that's having a run of bad luck. They didn't work hard enough, they mismanaged their money, they just weren't good enough. When will they admit that a little luck, whether good or bad, can make all the difference? Then they come up with the "you make your own luck BS".

Your whole rant is a blame game of republicans, should have quit before you started!

6. Just plain sucking at their job. George W. Bush screwed up twice, massively! Why are we bashing Obama when GWB screwed up far worse than he has so far? (Not an Obama supporter btw. He has his issues but GWB was worse)

This is a classic Blame game ...G.W.Bush isnt the president and if he was getting hummers under the desk of the Oval office he and she were keeping it a secret!

How can anyone seriously support this group of people? Their may be some wisdom in their ideals, but actions speak louder than ideals. Their actions just plain stink. They're the closest things we have to political con-artists in this country right now. How many of you smell it too?

You are smelling your own shoes and what you walk in, again blaming others for your own party affiliations!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I can agree with most of what you said but, as previously stated, the same can be said of democrats. You should consider changing your thread title to "What I Hate About Politicians." 

I'm a conservative and even I hate the GOP. The only thing I like about the GOP is Sarah Palin and only because she's hot!

edit on 19-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I ha no party affiliations. I think I made that clear. Let me make it even more clear.

I HAVE NO PARTY AFFILIATION. I AM SIMPLY ALARMED BY THE WILLINGNESS OF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC TO TRUST THE REPUBLICAN PARTY DUE IN LARGE PART TO THE FAILURES OF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I saw this cartoon from slatebox
and thought is was funny in a terrible kind of way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join