It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Handcuff NBC Chicago Photojournalist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by spacedonk

Actually the officer is correct, but not in the manner people are taking it.

Or in the manner he meant it, I'm betting.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'd also like to know why the family needed a community activist with them at the hospital?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
I'd also like to know why the family needed a community activist with them at the hospital?

It looks like the "community activist" in this incident is a good thing. He is an anti violence activist and works closely with families who have lost children to violence / whose kids are kidnapped / missing etc.

He has been pushing for changes in protocol when it comes to requesting media coverage. Apparently the current policy, according to community activist Andrew Holmes, of the Police department is to do an initial investigation in order to determine what "actually" occurred and to rule out people before going to the media and asking for the publics help in locating children.

From some of the articles about him (using yahoo search) it looks like parents / relatives cannot go to the media on their own to ask for the publics help - it needs to come from the police first.

He is advocating, when it comes to missing children, to essentially make the media request immediately instead of waiting.

It doesn't look like he has an axe to grind with police aside from the policy.

<< 1   >>

join