It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If You Only Had 1 Month To Live?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I found my own post rather typical...offensive joke at the start and a very negative end.
It's been a long twisted journey for me, so please excuse any sarcasms that may spew from time to time.
So i'm gonna try again.

I don't care about stars or anything like that but your OP has had me thinking about it all night into today.
Which i guess is kinda the point.
It saddens me that I see so many would want to go out with a payback in mind. You would only unfairly hurt more people connected to those people and continue the cycle of pain and revenge.
Most of us have been hurt, used & abused by someone at some point.
I think it's better to shine through all that in the end.

I would spend the first day weeping over over all the things that I would never get to experience, in this body.
Try to say goodbye to as many of loved ones as possible.
I would have to spend a day at the beach and reflect on the beauty and awesomeness of this gift we squander.
Make love to a beautiful woman for as long as humanly possible. Consensually of course - for all you Walk a Thin Liners.
Go hiking for a few days. Probably do some camping as well.
I'd definitely quit the job. Which would be tough because I like my job and some of my co-workers are like family to me.
Ben Breedlove, that kid that made the YT video before he died had the right idea.
He got to say his goodbye in a way. I thought that was very cool.
I would try to take in as much love and light as I could before I departed for the next journey. I truly do believe there is something after this... it's going to be interesting to say the least!
I hope we all find light.

edit on 19-3-2012 by YourNewGod because: ok ok

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well I think I have lived life to the fullest, as I have very nearly died countless times. And I have been to Heaven as OBEs, 6 times since I was 8yrs old. SO I am looking forward to going back there and getting to know my Mum and my 15 other kids there.
I will also welcome death as it will release me from a lifetime of pain.

I have no regrets (except been a bit wimpy sometimes and not fought when I should have done, like the neighbours who killed my rabbits).

I don't have a hit list I am leaving that to God and His judgement.

I have a stash of wool I would work through, making blankets for all the people I love, so they could cuddle up in them and remember me.
And I would paint oil and acrylic pictures that I never get round to do because I am always too busy.
Maybe even finish the book, I started 3 years ago, about a dream I had.

But I am working on a theory, that some people do actually less than a month to live, at this present time.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Leftist
I wouldn't do anything different. That is, I'd do exactly what I'm doing now. Working, studying, helping out my family, spending some time with friends.

Hey Lefty!

Are you saying that because you always live you life like you had 30 days, or you're just happy now? Thanks for joining the discussion, I appreciate it! I love the working part, the helping others part and the building relationships part. The world needs more like you.

Nice hat btw.

Thank you, that's a kind response. You tried to see the best side of me.

You know, I am a Communist, and it is true the Communist doctrine is athiest. However, I am a lot less hostile to Christians than most Communists, perhaps. After all, the way Christ and His disciples lived could be said to be a type of primative Communism in its most perfect form, as embodied in the ideals of the Sermon on the Mount. Why not? No contradiction there. I also respect people who have the guts to have clearly-defined beliefs even when they are not popular, which is something both our doctrines share. Good on you.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Revenge is a dish best served cold

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nofear39

Originally posted by nofear39
im just going 2 visit a friend in hospital who has just been told he has 6 weeks to live ......
life is horrible sometimes .....

Good man. Life is..

Rough. I have no words. I'll pray your friend has a miracle recovery.

thanks alot pal xx

Anytime, just prayed for him again. For a miracle, for God's glory and all our joy, yours and his especially.

Keep me posted to see if our prayers have been answered as we hope and desire them to be for your good friend.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by YourNewGod

I don't care about stars or anything like that but your OP has had me thinking about it all night into today.
Which i guess is kinda the point.

Amen, like I said, there are no wrong answers here, none. It's just to get us all to think. Sometimes we think we're invincible, we don't often think when we leave to go get milk that we may never return. What if me and the wife got into a big fight before I left for the store?

We all have regrets from our past, all of us, and the ones who say they have none are lying to themselves or us. But here's the thing, our future doesn't have to include them. We can purpose to live like we always have just 30 days left. Not so much the crazy fun stuff we all would do, but the relationship building and repairing part.

I really, truly appreciate your candor and participation.

(And I usually give stars in my threads for the posts, so now u gots 2)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by studio500

Revenge is a dish best served cold

With spicy brown mustard.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I wouldn't do anything different. That is, I'd do exactly what I'm doing now. Working, studying, helping out my family, spending some time with friends.

Hey Lefty!

Are you saying that because you always live you life like you had 30 days, or you're just happy now? Thanks for joining the discussion, I appreciate it! I love the working part, the helping others part and the building relationships part. The world needs more like you.

Nice hat btw.

Thank you, that's a kind response. You tried to see the best side of me.

You know, I am a Communist, and it is true the Communist doctrine is athiest. However, I am a lot less hostile to Christians than most Communists, perhaps. After all, the way Christ and His disciples lived could be said to be a type of primative Communism in its most perfect form, as embodied in the ideals of the Sermon on the Mount. Why not? No contradiction there. I also respect people who have the guts to have clearly-defined beliefs even when they are not popular, which is something both our doctrines share. Good on you.

Yeah, I've always bucked the trend. Went against the grain ya know. I'm not too much into politics really. I think the inmates are running the asylum in regards to that. Like our asshats here in the USA, we've ran up a debt so large it's impossible to pay it back. It's mathematically impossible at this point.

But hey, all our parents lie to us at some point, and mine were wrong about money growing on trees, it does in Washington D.C. apparently. But I digress...

you get mad props lady because I see your compassion, determination, and caring spirit. keep going against the grain of this world, it's jacked up.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Please tell me I read that wrong^^^^. Did you have 15 children die?

Dear God, please tell me I'm an idiot.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

What would you do? How would you spend your time? Would you try to right all your wrongs? Would you travel the country or overseas? Would you spend the time with loved ones and family? What would you do?

What would you do? This thread isn't about death, it's about LIFE! Are we really living life?

I'd spend that time giving all my stuff away to the needy. I won't need it where i'm going, and then take a stroll in any direction the Holy Spirit leads to find the brokenhearted and despairing and give them the hope he gave me and end it with being a servant to others as my King was a servant to me, till i am too weak to move.

For a christian the best way for us to die is on our feet doing his work and his will, not wasting it home only with the people we love because we're supposed to love everyone.

Maybe i'd fly to the middle east and join my brothers and sisters there spreading the name of the Son of God and his sacrifice to muslim until i am stoned or beheaded. Cowards do not go to heaven, it is appointed all men to die once and then the judgement, so why fear death if we know it's part of what we have to go through?

To a christian death is victory and this has been our way since the first of us saw the King of Kings conquer his grave. The Apostles were happy to die beause they knew who was waiting for them and who they would get to see on the other side, they met their end with courage and gladness and in so doing their end became their beginning.

I would hope the very end before i close my eyes, that he grant me the lucidity and presence of mind to be able to say the name of Yeshua one more time.
edit on 20-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
I would clean all personal files from my computer, all programmed phone #s, return my library books, and leave no perishable food in the rerigerator.

Everything else is already ready!

Reminds me, go to turn in the Library books. eeek!

That's all personal, any idea what you'd like to do for others, or any relationships you'd like to mend before you punch out on the time clock?

What I do for others is in my Will and I have one unmendable relationship, my daughter, but it will never mend!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Not sure why this thread is in the Religion, Faith and Theology forum tbh...

And it seems kinda pointless anyway. All you're going to get are clichéd sound bites that people think sound like the best way(s) to go or the best thing(s) to say.

In reality none of us could possibly know what we would each individually do, not until the time actually came.

A more honest,appropriate and interesting question (for this forum) would be something along the lines of:

"How would your worldview affect the last 30 days you have left alive?"

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Very beautiful brother, when you're ready to go to the M.E., I'll be your cup-bearer.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I would clean all personal files from my computer, all programmed phone #s, return my library books, and leave no perishable food in the rerigerator.

Everything else is already ready!

Reminds me, go to turn in the Library books. eeek!

That's all personal, any idea what you'd like to do for others, or any relationships you'd like to mend before you punch out on the time clock?

What I do for others is in my Will and I have one unmendable relationship, my daughter, but it will never mend!
I have two daughters,16 and 20 and i know first hand that it takes both people wanting the same things for a broken relationship to be repaired...

And not one day goes by without me remembering and never forgetting how good it makes me feel and how fortunate i know i am that they still tell me they love me,rare words to hear in a greed driven world that money cannot by....

Because when they were younger and when they were little kids,they were never made to be afraid to talk to me about anything and in 20 years i never even once yelled at either of them.But i grew up with a step father from hell,but he never could break my spirit,or my will or my self esteem,although he tried to because he knew i could see right through him and anyways,tptb above gave him what he deserved...
edit on 21-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Well, perhaps I made the thread in haste? I don't know,.. I never considered it might be the wrong forum, you're probably right, it likely does belong in a different area. Thank you for the criticism friend, next time I'll be more careful planning the location for my threads. And really, I just wanted to foster discussion and try to get people to stop and think about our relationships we all have in life. I'm having a great time with this opportunity to make new friends, and learn new things about ones I already have here. Getting a tiny peek into their lives outside of internetland ya know? And I thought it was cool to have a thread here free of the bickering, name-calling, and general "US" vs "THEM" atmosphere that most degrade into after a page or two.

I appreciate your participation here my man! God Bless you.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

And not one day goes by without me remembering and never forgetting how good it makes me feel and how fortunate i know i am that they still tell me they love me,rare words to hear in a greed driven world that money cannot by....

Amen bloc. The L word is so great. Nothing sweeter in life. How many kids do you have?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Hi,i have 2 daughters who are now aged 16 and 20 and all the years we shared when they were little,Flew By So Fast and the two things in my life that make me realize the most how fortunate i really am are my 2 daughters and what i have learned myself about world war-2,not money...

edit on 22-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Hi,i have 2 daughters who are now aged 16 and 20 and all the years we shared when they were little,Flew By So Fast and the two things in my life that make me realize the most how fortunate i really am are my 2 daughters and what i have learned myself about world war-2,not money...

Oh cool, you're a WW2 freak too?
I have an awesome book I think you'd love to read. It takes every single day and details everything that happened that day in every theater. And it includes some 2,000 rare photos. It was on clearance at Borders for like 10 bucks. Absurd price for the treasure-trove of info it has.

Any other hobbies? I have a 14 year old daughter and my son will be 12 this year. I don't get to see them much, they live in Florida.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Make a baby with as many attempts as possible, then film myself everyday for my child to watch when he or she is old enough. Oh, and maybe plan the perfect bank robbery to leave some funds behind!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Hi,i bought a still shrink wrapped at the time,originally priced at $100 dollar large format book a couple of years ago called "the holocaust chronicle" for $20! and its around 750 pages long,expertly researched, compiled and arranged,with about 2,000 photos,diagrams,charts,maps and poster art and it is indispensable...

I've also read through the years around 100-150 non-fiction books about every aspect of ww-2 and i have even compiled 3 large scrap books of around 5,000 captioned b/w and color photos dealing with the german perspective of ww-2 as well as their battle maps and war poster art and those photo albums are worthy to be put in a museum some day.I spent thousands of hours making them...

My grandfather fought the nazis in france and germany in 1944-45 and he drove a tank destroyer that struck a landmine...Unbelievable!...

The Holocaust Chronicle > www.amazon.com...

edit on 23-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join