It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic in the streets?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
He is a new member, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he may or may not be making this up. Hopefully his wife can clarify a few things. Surprised he hasn't called her yet.

Again, we dont have cell phones =P

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I take my previous post back. He didn't say anything really big, just asked a question regarding traffic and packed cars. There have been times where I've seen this as well - gas stations full, cars packed, and I'm just gonna guess it's a lot of road trips happening in the normal "leave now, drive all night" pattern.

Don't think it's going down just yet bro.

peace

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Thank you. While I didnt think it was going down, I sure as hell WAS wishing it was...I'm tired of waiting. 2012 just has too much hype built up around it with all the crap going on.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm leaning toward spring break.
For some adults it may seem like a zombie apocalypse!

BTW, Nice shirt man......Watching you!

Why don't you ask this guy what's going on? (and why he's watching you.....creeper.)

edit on 17-3-2012 by craziedaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by koder

Oh, my bad. What are you, living in the dark ages?

What's your radio saying?
edit on 17-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Spring Break is a kinda panic...
in the streets, at the beach, up on the balconies, and especially in the hotel rooms.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by koder

Thank you. While I didnt think it was going down, I sure as hell WAS wishing it was...I'm tired of waiting. 2012 just has too much hype built up around it with all the crap going on.

""
I think this in a nut shell sums it all up. Believe me when I say "I know how you feel"
Sometimes, after my wife and kids are all tucked in at night safely, I find myself staring out the window wishing something, just something, would happen. There's no explaining it. It could be boredom, it could be some outer force beckoning me to my higher calling.

I am pretty sure its just me being bored with my life and feeling guilty about it because that would imply that my family doesn't satisfy me.

Or it could be the booze talking.

Either way, I feel you brother

Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dalemcfad

I feel like that too, and I hear it at times from other married men with children. For me, I'm still battling bad depression, and I think it's remnants of suicidal thoughts. Weird, I have suicidal thoughts that involve the SHingTF so basically my thoughts are for everybody.....

Point is, sometimes it's stressful being head of household... I wanna switch places with my 1.5 year old daughter at times. lol

edit on 17-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
what are we looking at? its all blank...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Point is, sometimes is stressful being head of household...

You don't say.

Right there with you

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Same here my friend. I have to admit that I have always had these doomsday thoughts though. Even as a kid I used to go outside during a thunderstorm and wish a tornado would show itself. Its almost as if I don't feel alive unless I am faced with death, but at the same time I'm just a big pansy because I don't purposely put myself in situations that require bravery. I'd just assume be hiding under a table.

My actions contradict my self-image. It's all false pride I reckon.

Whoo sorry OP way off topic

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalemcfad

Same here my friend. I have to admit that I have always had these doomsday thoughts though. Even as a kid I used to go outside during a thunderstorm and wish a tornado would show itself. Its almost as if I don't feel alive unless I am faced with death, but at the same time I'm just a big pansy because I don't purposely put myself in situations that require bravery. I'd just assume be hiding under a table.

My actions contradict my self-image. It's all false pride I reckon.

Whoo sorry OP way off topic

No problems at all mate. Wife did make it home. You intrigue me tho. The way you talk about it all, I think we are very much alike...and ya...Stress kills.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by koder

So, what did the wife say? Did she notice anything strange tonight? Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I asked her, and ya traffic was way up, but it does appear to be just a fluke with spring break. Looking online at the gas prices, this station is 20 cents under anything within 10 miles. Guess they didnt get the memo that gas went up...again...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by koder

Geesh, you're such a disappointment. And here you had my hopes up. Now get the camera out of the van before she leaves. Besides, if you're living in the dark ages of cell phones, then how do you have internet? Are you on Vic 20 or a commodore 64?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Naw lol...some things I chose to accept. Im aware everything i say can be monitored if they chose to. Im also aware that if they were monitoring me, they also know kicking in my door would be a bad idea, so meh.

My issue with cell phones is the tracking capability. If they know im at home on the pc, fine, but they dont need to know where i go ya know? =)

EDIT: I grabbed the camera for "next time". Here's to wishful thinking.
edit on 18-3-2012 by koder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by koder

What State are you in? Im in NC and havent seen anything going down yet. I feel something is going to happen but not sure of what.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by koder

DL and Passports are tagged. You can fix this by putting them in the microwave for 30 seconds if you need to go off Grid

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The wor(l)d, "panic", as defined by the Online Etymology Dictionary:

"mass terror," c.1600, as an adj. (with fear, terror, etc.), from Fr. panique (15c.), from Gk. panikon, lit. "pertaining to Pan," in sense of "panic, fright" short for panikon deima, from neut. of Panikos "of Pan," the god of woods and fields who was the source of mysterious sounds that caused contagious, groundless fear in herds and crowds, or in people in lonely spots.

Pandemonium: 1667, Pandæmonium, in "Paradise Lost" the name of the palace built in the middle of Hell, "the high capital of Satan and all his peers," coined by John Milton (1608-1674) from Gk. pan- "all" + L.L. daemonium "evil spirit," from Gk. daimonion "inferior divine power," from daimon "lesser god" (see demon). Transferred sense "place of uproar" is from 1779; that of "wild, lawless confusion" is from 1865.

With all surety, there has, is, and always wiil be, "panic in the streets" in this domain.
We, the oblivious, for one reason or another, have all been cast into this first level of Hell, ignorant as to why we have been damned and forgetful of what we truly are and whence we originally came.

That is not to say we are entirely away from redemption.

Prisoners, yes, but forever bound to this sad compost? Hardly.

The path to freedom is to seek the transformative power of the Holy Spirit.
She is known as, "Epinoia", and she has always been with us, from the Genesis.

Link by link do we chain ourselves to this earthy dungeon when we succumb to the carnal temptations incited by the riotous legions of the Diabolos.

Extrication comes when we first acknowledge this mortal, profane existence. Although we are among the Fallen, recognition and realisation of the inherent Divinity within will follow.

To return to the Light, the flesh must be consumed by the test of fire.
In Jesus Christ, and only through Him, are we freed from the gravity of Sin.
Risen above, to return to our right place in the Kingdom of Heaven, which is above the weight of the law that binds, the yoke is cast off.

To Althea, from Prison

WHEN Love with unconfinèd wings
Hovers within my gates,
And my divine Althea brings
To whisper at the grates;
When I lie tangled in her hair
And fetter'd to her eye,
The birds that wanton in the air
Know no such liberty.

When flowing cups run swiftly round
With no allaying Thames,
Our careless heads with roses bound,