It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is going on!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So for the last 4 months my ears have been covered like I have spent the day at the swimming pool. I have also sporadically had a ringing sensation in usually my right ear but also the left. I don't know what is causing it, I have never had any health issues like this. At the time that this started early November, several people at my work complained of having the same issues. I know the standard response is to say its tinnitus, but for 4 months steady? Anybody else having the same type of issues?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Nothing is going on. You probably have tinnitus.

You should ask your dr these kind of questions before you ask ATS. Lord knows the crazy answers you'll get to this post
edit on 17-3-2012 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

I'm no doctor, but i had something similar happen for a week, it you take one of these rubber bulbs from a pharmacy and fill it with warm water you can wash the ear canal out. It's the same thing a doctor would do, though you may ask them before you try this. I'd rather do it myself than let them shove a water-pik in there!

You'll need the rubber bulb, and an ear drying alcohol to help with the left over water. Full the rubber bulb with comfortably warm water and vigorously wash the inside of the ear with the water. I should help wash anything inside the canal that could be blocking your hearin. You should eventually get everything out of there and the ringing should subside in a few days, although you may run into the same problem I had. After attenuated hearing levels run for several days the ear attempts to compensate and you may temporarily hav a condition called hyperacussus (sp) which is essentially very sensitive hearing; I dealt with it usin cotton balls for about a week and a Half.

I hope I've explained it well enough, it's a challenge to use ATS on a phone!
I know what you're talking about, and it sucks, but you should know that it's almost certainly fixable!

ETA: The bulbs are in the ear wax removal section and this was per MY doctors advice, like I said before, you should check with your doctor first.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Mapkar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I agree with Rexamus you should have a doctor take a look at your ears, specifically a physician that specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat problems.

It could be tinnitus, but in most cases tinnitus is a symptom of a much larger problem.

If you have a history of ear and sinus infections/problems (even just small ones) you could wind up with a much larger problem (as I did).

I had a history of ear infections, and sinus problems throughout my youth, and after a surgery to clean out my sinuses, nothing. Then a long bout of tinnitus which turned out to be a Cholesteatoma.

Mine had gone on for an extended period of time (in excess of 10 years) and I kept being told it was tinnitus. By the time the cholesteatoma was caught, it was within millimeters of eroding away enough of my mastoid that had another year gone by I would not be around to tell my story,

I will agree that it is unusual that others at your work are complaining of the same problems, however, because of the human nature of not wanting to be left out, it could be that these people are simply sympathizing with you or exaggerating so you don't feel alone, or they don't feel left out.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

just like most of the people that replied, i would say go to a doctor (or dentist! haha). it's the same thing that has been afflicting me for the last 3 years... i even lost signifigant hearing in one ear for awhile and then it cleared up completely for months before it returned. i went to the doctor and they told me it's because of my teeth (never got my wisdoms removed and it has jacked up my jaws and ears) but since there are others in the workplace that are affected, i'm inclined to say that it could possibly be low level frequencies or vibrations. maybe they're brainwashing you? lol. or it could just be machinery. either way, go to the doctor just in case.
edit on 17-3-2012 by couldbeanyone because: added info

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

This is another possible solution, that should precede a doctor's visit. However, using a mixture of warmed water and hydrogen peroxide works better and faster (that is what my doctor recommended to remove a large ear wax plug that led to the discovery of my cholesteatoma), and I don't suggest the use of the bulb as it can cause a middle ear infection by forcing water to deep into the ear canal. Using straight hydrogen peroxide is not recommended because the temperature difference may cause a short bout of vertigo, but it can be used.

If you decide to go the bulb and water route, make sure that the pressure is steady, and not forced, as this can rupture the eardrum if there is no wax build-up causing a whole host of other problems.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

mine ring like fcuk its doing my head in
and yes its been about 3 to 4 months
and it is in each era at differnt times
also it is in different parts of my head
if that makes sense

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I don't know about "something going on" that is pretty vague...there is ALWAYS "something going on"

however, I have noticed when I lay down for bed at night my ears start to ring almost immediately...then I fall asleep and am not bothered with it again...until the next night. Its been a few weeks of this.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It happens to me all the time. Although I should mention that I have hearing damage from the war. Do you use q-tips? You could have irritated your inner ear. I agree with others though that a doctors advice would be a good idea. If the doctor can't find anything wrong though who knows. Anything is possible.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

its the deafening silence lol

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by couldbeanyone
reply to post by Sly1one

its the deafening silence lol

Might be, but before I lay down in bed, I usually mediate in silence for about 20 mins...no ringing then, just when I lay down to go to bed...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Maybe using the swimming pool analogy wasn't the best description, because there is no fluid in my ears. It just feels covered and is constantly popping, like when you take off in a plane. The weird thing is that it went away when I was in Hawaii, and it also stopped when I went to San Diego. As soon as I got back to Vegas it flared back up. There will be a couple days here and there when it stops, but I would say 70% of the time I can feel it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It may be caused by allergies.
It could be the pollen/dust variety or it could be food related allergies.
I have this problem which was brought on by a bad reaction to MSG.
From then on it became almost everything that my body thought was remotely related to MSG (which is Free Glutamate) My hearing has degraded, my ears feel plugged, my own voice sounds muffled.
The popping you hear is bubbling mucous.
Do you have back drip related to sinus problems?

Best to have your ears and sinuses checked out by a doctor.
If you have food allergies, you are on your own, as there is nothing any doctor can do for you.
This I know from experience.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It is obviously excess pressure building up behind the ear drum. I'm no doctor, but if you find something nice and sharp you should be able to poke it through the ear drum and relieve the pressure. I just tried calling the tinnitus helpline to see if they had any other suggestions for you but it just kept ringing.

new topics

top topics

join