It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18-year-old Tampa girl gets three DUIs in less than three weeks.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Wow. Just, wow. This is who we would call a winner. Her first two arrests happened within two days, and the third "culminated with her crashing in to the back of a brand new car that had only been on the road a couple of weeks."

Makes you wonder what the parents are thinking? How on earth do you let your daughter get back on the road with two DUI charges pending? Negligence comes in many forms. And apparently shes free on $3000 bond, wonder if she'll be driving to her court date?

DUI's happen, its unfortunate in every case. For some it's a one time mistake and causes no property damage or bodily injury. But this girl? Ticking time bomb. I don't know the Florida law, but in California she would never see the laminated cover of a drivers licence for the rest of her life.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
She'll have a reality show by summer if we acknowledge this any further.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

Sad but funny and probably true

Stupid idiot needs help not a license to drive.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
She has a problem.

She is stupid.

I am tired of hearing the "I'm an alcoholic" excuse.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
She has a problem.

She is stupid.

And you can't fix stupid LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't understand people's logic, if they even have any..... How hard is it to plan ahead a little, morons. There is no excuse to ever drink and drive. If you are so stupid you can't help but get behind the wheel when you are drunk, give your keys to someone with brains to hold before you start drinking......

Oops I thought that said DWI, carry on.

Not that driving stoned out of your mind is any better though.
edit on Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:12:15 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Sounds like an opportunity to help solve this issue then.

Some people fight.

Some people occupy.

Some people turn to drugs and alcohol to drown their pain.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Apparently, her main issue is narcotics. She can't legally drink for another 3 years, so narcotics would be much more accessible.

And I don't think our acknowledgement is gonna get her a reality show, I'm sure she's already signed a contract with VH1.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
She needs help obviously. And passing judgement on her is not solving anything. Maybe something happened with her or maybe she got mixed up in the wrong crowd. Definitely deeper issues at play. Just from her image, she's going down hill and fast. Just by looking at her, she's looks sad.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
reply to post by butcherguy

Apparently, her main issue is narcotics. She can't legally drink for another 3 years, so narcotics would be much more accessible.

And I don't think our acknowledgement is gonna get her a reality show, I'm sure she's already signed a contract with VH1.

I was gonna say.. she has that retard meth stare going on.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
She needs help obviously. And passing judgement on her is not solving anything.

If I were a judge passing judgment, I'd sentence her drunk ass to jail. She needs a wake up call from someone, and "not passing judgment" is just like "not getting involved" or "minding my own business". While we're not passing judgment, she's out killing someone with her car.

It's only after someone dies do we say that "something should have been done."
edit on 17-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I'm not attempting to pass any undo judgement. Obviously she needs help, and as a recovering addict I can see all the signs of that. My main issue here is the lack of responsibility taken by her parents or any authority figures she might have. How can you allow someone you love to self destruct like this?

She cannot know the consequences of her actions. A DUI never leaves you, it will haunt you on job applications, credit checks, even college admittance. For someone so young, this is nothing short of totally devastating.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Silly me, forgot to leave a link to the article in the OP.

Anyway, it states "Most of what she's doing is narcotics, she's smoking marijuana." Without saying to much, I don't think this could have been strictly marijuana. But then again...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Yeah, I don't think it's 420 either.She looks more like she's using coc aine or heroine. She's needs some type of rehab. Maybe her parents are trying to help and she just keeps refusing. People in denial can be convincing. That's for sure. Then again, maybe her parents are just dead beats.

Her first picture she looks like one of those actresses. Can't remember the show.

The 2nd and 3rd, you can tell she's just throwing herself away.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How does someone get three DUI's in three weeks? The second one would have been on a suspended license and, I'm assuming, in violation of probation. At least that's how it works where I live (trust me, I know this
).
That should have gotten her some serious jail time. Up to a year.

Here's a short article about it.

edit on 17-3-2012 by N3k9Ni because: had to move my smiley

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
DUI law in the US are way too lax!
In my city, and most in Canada, she would have been jailed for a minimum of 24 hours, lost her license for 1 year and be faced with over 4 thousand dollars worth of penalties, and addiction councelling courses.

On the second offense, since it happened so soon after the first (and she would technically be suspended still) she could face a year in prison, many thousands in fines and loss of license for multiple years.

3rd offence she would be in jail for multiple years, and would NEVER be allowed to have a drivers license again. Also your drivers abstract follows you from province to province so she would not be able to get a drivers license in all of Canada.

There's no excuse for 3 DUI's especially that close together. Driving is not a right. It is a privilege. Those who don't take it seriously have no business driving.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Thats true, her parents could be offering help. The only thing that doesn't add up in that situation is that most 18 year olds don't own a car, let along a "brand new" one. I suppose if she had bought the car herself, some of the blame would have be off the parents and/or guardians.

Most 18-year-olds (today anyway) live at home with their parents. Why couldn't they have kicked her out, or at least made a bottom line? In Florida they have the Marchman Act, which legislates that family can send someone to rehab against their will if their substance abuse is harming themselves or others. There were lots of options to keep this girl off the roads.

The part that really baffles my mind is that she's out on bail!?!?! Somebody paid her bond. Sounds like a clear cut case of co-dependent parents to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Maybe she is dating her dealer and he is the one bankrolling her? Or maybe she is even a dealer who knows. Some people do have parents like that though, I have seen it.

One guy I knew, his parents enabled him like that, he got caught with like 10 grand worth of herion. Hung himself in the jailcell, and the parents blamed and tried to sue the jail.....

People are nuts

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yep. Parents are enablers. Just like me I guess. If she has a brand car, then you know her parents bought it for her and she sounds like she comes from money.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It's really a shame. Her parents need as much help as she does. Co-dependency is just as dangerous as addiction, just in a different way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join