It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
reply to post by Harte

You say "likely" found there. "Likely" isn't certain, so excuse me.

You are excused. But not for pretending that I claimed to be "certain" that pounders were used somewhere else.

The fact is, people don't usually leave their tools at the temple after they build it, as was previously stated by another poster. Somebody might trip over them.

Pounders might be found in the quarries, where there is plain and irrefutable evidence of their use. But there would still be no way to connect them with this particular site then, right?

A theory is that the stones were prefabricated and the moved to their location.

That depends on the stone, right?

The ones that had to "fit together" had to be shaped together whether it was on the site or elsewhere.

There's no question at all that pounding stones were used. They leave a tell-tale type of mark. The fact that none were found at the site does not explain away the marks they leave.

The idea of a copper chisel is more problematic. The evidence for them that I'm aware of is relief cuts on inside corners that would be required only if a chisel was to be used.

Harte

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Copper on the Mohs Scale has a hardness of between 2-3 varying. Steel has a hardness of 7. Iron has a hardness of 5.5, and the granite and diorite stones at Puma Punku have a hardness of 6 to 7. Copper would have worn down easily and repeatedly. It doesn't seem to be a good choice of metal to use on these stones. My point is that anything that may have been found has been considered not likely to shape them.

Yet even diorite can be shaped with copper tools.

Moh's scale has nothing to do with it. Stone exhibits these things called "cleavage" and "fracture," even at the tiniest scale.

Copper does not.

But you're right. It certainly wouldn't have been the best metal to use. The problem was, it was the hardest metal that they could cast.

Harte

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
all you ever hear on those shows are weasel words
I was taught in my first sales job not to use them, so I am aware of them
what is a weasel word ?
probably
supposedly
might be
could be
on and on and on
lol

You missed my favourite: "This can only mean that...(insert hooey here)."
edit on 14-8-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because...ok?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
whoa 2 puma punku episodes?!
awesome! was probably one of the few episodes i actually enjoyed.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Did you not take grammar school science? Water expands when it freezes. Haven't you ever wondered why ice floats?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Can you show to me that 9 out of 10 ancient civilizations claim they were taught their technological abilities by "stars gods"?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Wrong. Have you ever checked into what the ancient alien guys have told you? It doesn't take diamond to cut diorite. Check out the composition of diorite, and then take a look at the Mohs scale of mineral hardness.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh,good grief.

Why does every episode of this show need its own thread?

Biggest problem with "Ancient Aliens" is that they completely ignore established scientific methods.

Scientific method makes an observation, tries to explain it, then tries to prove their explanation, and come to a conclusion based on available data.

"Ancient Aliens" automatically assumes that whatever they're dealing with must have been aliens, then goes out to tell you why.

Just about every person ever interviewed by this show is trying to sell a book of some sort.

I'm all for this being a theory, but this show really doesn't do much for me.
edit on 2-9-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Quartz, silica, silicon dioxide. SAND. That's what you use. It's 6-7 on the hardness scale. It's not that outlandish that these people utilized one of the most abundant minerals in the earth's crust, right?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Show is very interesting, and alot to learn from it as well. I do believe past civilizations have been visited, and the beings are still stopping by now and then to check in.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by theroostercrowsatnite
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Quartz, silica, silicon dioxide. SAND. That's what you use. It's 6-7 on the hardness scale. It's not that outlandish that these people utilized one of the most abundant minerals in the earth's crust, right?

and what? what do you do with the sand to make perfectly fitting joints? round cuts, inside corners? the logistics are missing and unless you can explain how such precision is done with sand you haven't solved or proven anything.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dna221277

I found the stone tools that were made the same way

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Puma Punka is indeed at the very top of my list of undeniable evidence. Since the original video is broken, I'm posting this. And also, for anybody wanting to Google Earth it, the coordinates are:

-16.561683,-68.679965

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44   >>

join