It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HC's Ancient Aliens last episode "The Mystery of Puma Punku" DEVASTATED the show haters.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Poor loons. What a pathetic way of handling detractors.

Kinda like people who don't like Obama automatically being called racists.

You know, it is possible to vehemently and quite successfully debunk all your fairytales without getting paid to do it. It's actually fun for most of us.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cataclysm
So, you believe everything mainstream archaeology says?

I believe the facts and evidence and the mainstream archaeology just happens to have that, instead of half-truths, lies and distortion like the Ancient Alien proponents.

I like how the ancient alien proponents uses "mainstream archaeology" as a four-letter word and completely dismisses it. Because, after all, ancient aliens has already done the thinking for them.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hmmmm from what I've found...

Pumapunku is a site that forms part of the better known Tiwanaku (Tiahuanaco) complex in Bolivia. Although the ancient astronauts proponents try to ascribe a vast age to the complex (over 14,000 years is not uncommon), there is a radiocarbon date from a primary deposit of 1510 ± 25 bp, which calibrates to 517-605 CE at 96% confidence. This quite clearly puts the origin of the site in the sixth century CE; those who want an earlier origin have to explain why no earlier cultural material has been found at the site. The sites are known for their stone architecture, which displays features that are quite unlike Old World building techniques. The complex joints between the stones are sophisticated and designed to provide strong wall without mortar and maximum stability in an earthquake zone; they are not evidence that aliens guided the human builders, as the programme seems to have claimed, and exhibit increasing sophistication with time.

bsalert.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">bsalert.com...

Just a tad bit of debunking there.

The archeologists and other scientists have already debunked these claims a long time ago. This is just the usual technique of argumentum ad infinitum, which just repeats the same things over and over and over again.

That's the thing about the UFO phenomenon, the same things get repeated over and over again without any regard for any real information that actual science may provide on the subject.

But it doesn't help science's case though that they do use a lot of lingo that non-scientists have a hard time understanding.

But the scientific information is there, you've just got to want to do the work to find it.

Most UFO believes don't want to.

People will see only what they want to see.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataclysm

You don't think their going to embrace any evidence of a world wide flood do you ? Not a chance. After all the ridicule under their belts and how Puma Punku and Gobekli Tepe are devestating to everything mainstream
eagerly dismisses ? Come on, not a chance.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It's hilarious to me that people really, genuinely believe this crap

Of course people believe it. It explains the origins of humanity and human history so much more logically than religion and conventional history.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
One of the best episodes of all seasons, so far. The crew dedicated the entire episode to scrutinize the megalithic buildings of Puma Punku, in the highest area of Peruvian Andes.
It may be in the Andes, but it's in Bolivia, not Peru.

The most astonishing structures every registered in ancient civilizations, because is the only one that present visible and clear signs of hi-tech machinery crafting in giant blocks with hundreds of tons, assembled as legos.
No, they do not have clear signs of hi-tech machinery, they look like rock cut with hi-tech machinery but do not show any clear signs of any tools that may have been used.

I read some years ago a book by a British explorer, Percival Harrison Fawcett, in which he told a story that someone told him, about some birds that made their nests in perfectly round holes in rocks. Apparently, the birds used the leaves from a plant to rub the rock in a circular movement, then they would make a hole in the rock, supposedly softened by the leaves. That same person told that he knew of a case in which a guy went through some plants to get his horse, and when he got there most of his spurs were melted away, and when asked he confirmed that he had passed through a group of plants with red leafs.

Does that mean that there is (was) a plant in that area (the area in that book was, if I'm not mistaken, the Brazilian-Bolivian border) that the ancients used to make rock as soft as clay, making it easier to work with?

They also made new tests with actual RC replicas of the notorious aerial vehicles reproduced in gold models by the ancient Incas, that archeologists claim they are "stylized birds", and proved AGAIN they are fully functional AIRCRAFTS.
Those models, as usual, do not look exactly like the small gold objects that they are supposed to mimic, and to me they look like flying fishes, not birds.

And they managed to make the connection of Puma Punku with the Sumerians and the Anunnaki, by using an artifact exposed in a Peruvian museum, which is a ceramic bowl with several Sumerian cuneiform glyphs carved all over its surface.
What does it say?

PS: I will look for an online version of that book.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I believe we have debate brewing here. If you fail to see how the episode not only proves something beyond human capacity to understand. But also to exclude the Biblical record ? Only further compromises that lack of understanding.

I belive Puma Punku fell victim to the flood just as the evidence shows. Time frame, absolute desolation and devestation ? The builders were all washed away as the evidence and even mankinds world wide memory according to so many different cultures tells us. The proof is undeniable. There were cities bult before the flood
and we see them now. As all things are now being revealed. Again according to what the Bible says will happen in the end times. Now where does any of this not make sense ?
edit on 17-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Mainstream archeology was definetly shown to be a total cover up of the truth.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Let's have some of our "mainstream archaeology" apologists explain the "Fuente Magna Bowl'. What is the connection between Sumeria and Bolivia?

www.faculty.ucr.edu...

Also, what methods do you think the builders used to measure, cut and move the stones.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Cataclysm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataclysm

I'll go along with that and await the answers with great eagerness. This is going to be great.

My hats in this Puma Punku mess whether anyone likes or not.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
On this page there's a reference to that story of the "melting spurs", with a reproduction of that story of the plant that supposedly melts metal and stone.
edit on 17/3/2012 by ArMaP because: corrected strange mixing of text and url

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cataclysm
Let's have some of our "mainstream archaeology" apologists explain the "Fuente Magna Bowl'.

Also, what methods do you think the builders used to measure, cut and move the stones.

I don't personally pretend to have all the answers, unlike some of the proponents of the ancient astronauts 'theory,' who do exactly that. Pretend.

I know enough about human abilities to know, for a fact, that nothing made or manufactured in history couldn't have been made by man.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Not impressed with the guy wearing the hat with a beard when he stated early on in the show exact right angles when you could clearly see the square showed they were not. Ok that’s a nit pick but shows a vested interest in the guy’s perception. I.E, He was making the evidence fit his conclusion.

Why in the whole show did they not investigate the use of cast concrete? Anyone that has made shuttering and made cast concrete pieces would see the tell tale signs of this on many of the stones being shown. Not saying they are cast but it should have been looked at and was not.

Tools needed to shape stone were not available then but tools to work wood were. So if you ignore the choice of building it in a way that was not available and go with shuttering which is clearly possible I would say the mystery could be how did they make the concrete.

Not saying this is how it was done just saying it should have been looked at because what I see are possibly cast blocks.

BTW many of the reaches they made as usual contradicted other offering during the show. I just wish they would stop with the bombardment of what if's and possibles and concentrated on the evidence and making the guesses at the end
edit on 17-3-2012 by colin42 because: comment

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I like the plant story for some things. But you have to admit unable to deny, Puma Punku is evidence of cutting diorite at the very least 12,000 yrs ago.

Monger

I know enough about human abilities to know, for a fact, that nothing made or manufactured in history couldn't have been made by man.

I can and do agree with that. Given the right tech man is prolly capable of things we haven't even imagined.
But if man didn't possess the means to do this. How can mainstream archeology suggest that he did ?
Mainstream wants it both ways to the point it makes no sense at all. Don't you see that ? It's perfectly clear in my mind and it's just not gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by duality90

Originally posted by overclockedpc
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

AA is really a fantastic series; one of which can actually be taken seriously in my opinion.
I do however have serious doubts about the scientific value of the show and the validity of some of the conclusions and inferences they draw - they seem extremely questionable, and many of the 'featured' speakers and researchers seem to simply be looking for evidence to back up their conclusions rather than looking first to the evidence and then drawing conclusions.

Fun to watch, but of questionable scientific merit.

Quite the opposite IMHO. Sure they have theories but they don't insist on a conclusion. And meanwhile where's the ____xyz____ theorists providing thier research and presenting archeology analysis?

In other words the show CONTRIBUTES to discovering whatever is the truth which we still seem not to conclusively know. It also doesn't attempt to resolve other belief systems with the discoveries. So SCIENTIFICALLY they illuminate we don't know everything, and here's what we can THEORIZE based on THESE FACTs.

Rant- part of this post: THAT's a SCIENTIFIC contribution, delivered to the open world. And yea that's way more "scientific" than the crud like the hocky-stick on global warming with manipulated facts for the sake of political favor for the sake of CO2 taxation, etc. Or the spin of flu shot statisitics ignoring the harm done... or the ... or.. or ... to many well funded PHDs with dollars over their mouths wile being well indoctrinated to do what they're told and only published what their "peers"(bosses) approve. BUNK bunk bunk of the ___ agencies and companies.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I like the plant story for some things. But you have to admit unable to deny, Puma Punku is evidence of cutting diorite at the very least 12,000 yrs ago.

You need to look at some other sources.
The timeline is off.
There is very little diorite at Puma Punku.

edit on 3/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I agree Colin. You're nit picking. The evidence shows cuts and drilled holes and diorite blocks of stone cut from a quarry 60 miles away. No evidence of pour rock. Perhaps the show would be better under your direction but it seems to me the Pros did professional work.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There are no pros on that show. There are popular writers, not archeologists..

edit on 3/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh oh I'm in trooooouble !
So how is it you come up with that Phage. Don't just do this slowly and agonizingly.
If your going to shoot me down do it all at once.

I have looked at different sources over quite sometime and never found anything to suggest the diorite used is B.S.

There are no pros on that show. There are popular writers, not archeologists..

Agreed I realize. But does that pertain to the facts ? When they admit openly they are not by addressing the findings of archeology ?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

The "monument builders had help from aliens" is one of the WEAKEST arguments ancient alien proponents can possibly make. It makes them all look like moronic buffoons.

First it insults the ancients by claiming that there's no way possible for human beings to build these monuments without the help of an absurd explanation like aliens. Second it must also tear down any archaeological finds as to how these monuments were constructed in reality. Lastly it concludes with the mystery it has created of, "HOW did they build this". Their answer - aliens of course!

This is an argument from ignorance coupled with an appeal to mystery. In other words its based upon fallacious reasoning.

Are there plenty of mysteries to solve in the ancient world? Sure there are. Is Pumu Punku incredibly impressive? Sure it is. But even if you remove any hypothetical explanations and leave it a complete and total mystery YOU STILL DON'T GET TO CALL IT ALIENS. Just as you don't get to call it Giants, gods, Atlantean technology or interdimensional beings. An extraordinary explanation requires extraordinary evidence, but they don't have ANY positive evidence, and their main arguments contain KNOWN logical fallacies.

I'll be the first to confess ignorance on how Puma Punku was constructed, if they want to posit that aliens did it they need some evidence. Here's some things that aren't evidence of alien intervention regarding these sorts of ancient monuments:

1) Size and scope of the monument
2) Lack of archaeological evidence as to how it was constructed
3) Weight of the stone blocks and the distance they were dragged
4) Precision of the way the stones are put together
5) Any astronomical alignments real or imagined

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join