It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Above, So Below

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Is there inherent evil in esotericim?

Should true knowledge be kept under lock and key?
Who are the gatekeepers and what right do they have to hoard such treasures!?

Dare we discuss the paradise which exists in the midst of rest and motion?

Why should I not lead others to Shangri-La?

This is a symposium in which all are welcome to participate, for every person is indeed a part of the greater macrocosm of Life. Freemasons, above all, are most encouraged to come to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

The only person keeping the gate closed to knowlege is yourself. You might want to start with not thinking that other people are in charge of that facet of your life. I don't think there is anything that anyone can't learn by keeping their eyes open to all possiblities and using common sense. Going with their first intuition.

The only thing evil about knowlege is how it is used. You can never learn too much in my opinion as long as you continue to know how to use what you learn wisely and for the greater good.

And that, my brother, is my opinion on this subject.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Is there inherent evil in esotericim?

Not really, the "esoteric" practices of old were only such due to the persecution of those groups by more mainstream religions. So instead of writing them down them down (which is not completely true due to the fact that they did write some of them down) they passed them down through "occult" means. All of that knowledge that they passed down is more than available now days.

Should true knowledge be kept under lock and key?

There is no such thing as "true knowledge" unless you are speaking of things that we can measure using math and or experiments to reproduce phenomenon in the physical environment we live in. everything else is subjective up to interpretation and opinion of the observer.

Who are the gatekeepers and what right do they have to hoard such treasures!?

In my opinion "the gatekeepers of truth" reside in all of us. As my signature says "The kingdom of God is in man, not in one man nor a group of men but in all men, in you!" (thanks Charlie!)

Why should I not lead others to Shangri-La?

You can, but you don't need to guide one down a certain path for them to achieve "salvation". All of our paths lead to the same glorious peak.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Taupin Desciple wrote: "The only person keeping the gate closed to knowlege is yourself."

If only it were so!

Example:

A book is purchased at Chapters Bookstore (a franchise).
Its title is, "History of My Life", by Giacomo Casanova (a Freemason BUT also a Catholic).
Sadly,the edition we are provided with is a VERY poor translation, indeed, because it has been secretly rewritten to obscure its intended message to the world.

edit on 16-3-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Openeye wrote: "Not really, the "esoteric" practices of old were only such due to the persecution of those groups by more mainstream religions."

And what if I told you to say that again backwards?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Masons, masons, where do you hide?
I am turning over every stone, you see, just as it is written.

Come into the sunshine where it is warm.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

All of the Free Mason's secrets are hidden in their symbols.
Start there. Symbols IS Free Masonry. There's no difference.
And the other advice was right...no ones going to tell you them, not even if you WERE a Mason. To have the right to know them you have to figure them out yourself.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled. Revelation 20:1-3

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

how'd you do that?O.o I just realized something...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: "'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes'?

Matthew 21:42

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Brilliant.
The grapevine...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
One can't enter a strong person's house and take it by force without tying his hands. Then one can loot his house. I say, if the owners of a house know that a thief is coming, they will be on guard before the thief arrives and will not let the thief break into their house (their domain) and steal their possessions.

The Living Word

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

gotcha. Completely
So any hints as to why you picked the "As above, so below" title?
Its interesting...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
One can't enter a strong person's house and take it by force without tying his hands. Then one can loot his house. I say, if the owners of a house know that a thief is coming, they will be on guard before the thief arrives and will not let the thief break into their house (their domain) and steal their possessions.

The Living Word

And it is possible. If the thief was a resident of the house all along.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

13 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either.

15 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hell you yourselves are!

16 “Blind guides! What sorrow awaits you! For you say that it means nothing to swear ‘by God’s Temple,’ but that it is binding to swear ‘by the gold in the Temple.’ 17 Blind fools! Which is more important—the gold or the Temple that makes the gold sacred? 18 And you say that to swear ‘by the altar’ is not binding, but to swear ‘by the gifts on the altar’ is binding. 19 How blind! For which is more important—the gift on the altar or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 When you swear ‘by the altar,’ you are swearing by it and by everything on it. 21 And when you swear ‘by the Temple,’ you are swearing by it and by God, who lives in it. 22 And when you swear ‘by heaven,’ you are swearing by the throne of God and by God, who sits on the throne.

23 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things. 24 Blind guides! You strain your water so you won’t accidentally swallow a gnat, but you swallow a camel!

25 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are so careful to clean the outside of the cup and the dish, but inside you are filthy—full of greed and self-indulgence! 26 You blind Pharisee! First wash the inside of the cup and the dish, and then the outside will become clean, too.

27 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs—beautiful on the outside but filled on the inside with dead people’s bones and all sorts of impurity. 28 Outwardly you look like righteous people, but inwardly your hearts are filled with hypocrisy and lawlessness.

29 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you build tombs for the prophets your ancestors killed, and you decorate the monuments of the godly people your ancestors destroyed. 30 Then you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would never have joined them in killing the prophets.’

31 “But in saying that, you testify against yourselves that you are indeed the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead and finish what your ancestors started. 33 Snakes! Sons of vipers! How will you escape the judgment of hell?

34 “Therefore, I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers of religious law. But you will kill some by crucifixion, and you will flog others with whips in your synagogues, chasing them from city to city. 35 As a result, you will be held responsible for the murder of all godly people of all time—from the murder of righteous Abel to the murder of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you killed in the Temple between the sanctuary and the altar. 36 I tell you the truth, this judgment will fall on this very generation.

Matthew 23

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

as above, so below

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work.

1Corinthians 10-13

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Esotericism is something of a misnomer. Nothing is 'truly' hidden to the open and ready senses. If an individual is in the 'right' state of mind, the teaching will come almost effortlessly. Like chemistry.

Likewise, try to impart esoteric knowledge to someone who is not prepared. You might have more luck trying to feed a homeless man by wishing food into his belly.

So in tune with the title of this thread, 'The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of understanding.'

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life— and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us— what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. 1John 1:1-3

Amen. Amen. Amen.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join