It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The direct astronaut quotes confirming their knowledge of aliens/ufos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I might have missed this in the thousands of posts on this part of the forum. But I figured if it was factual there would be dozens of threads directly related to specific quotes that confirm what many around here seem to think have come out of astronaut’s mouths.

Can someone here please direct me to a thread that clearly shows in context an astronaut directly saying they have first-hand knowledge of aliens or ufo’s? Not what they have heard, read on the internet, want to believe, or had dreams of. Considering the amount of fluff around here like light beings, star-gates, and every other piece of nonsense you would think that if some astronaut said something that DIRECTLY states what many here seem to think they have said, it would be damn near pinned at the top by now.

So, to put this to bed, can someone here please show us all, in context, where an astronaut states he/she has direct knowledge of aliens/ufos or anything of the like? (and yeah, you will say something like "they can't say it outright or they will get in trouble and their families will get killed, thus they can only hint and say they heard it from someone who knows someone"....save it, no need to pile fantasy upon fantasy in order to keep believing something there is not enough evidence for a sane person to subscribe to. If you want to do that there is thing already for you to take part in, its called religion.

I’m not looking for the stuff where they say what they believe, or what some drum circle peace loving hippie has told them, anyone around here can say that kind of stuff and these astronauts are no different than you and I (except they are better at math and can press buttons in zero G slightly better than a monkey can). I’m looking for the direct quotes that many around here seem to think they have heard but for some reason can’t seem to post the evidence of (short of some highly edited and out of context tripe that fools the ignorant very easily)

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
be nice

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Doesn't take much research to find it. This is common knowledge.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Obviously this isn't an ATS thread but hopefully it's along the lines of what you're looking for

NASA Astronauts and UFO Sightings

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sadly, you're not going to find any such thing. Not according to your rather stringent (and rather practical--bravo!) criteria.

It's kind of a bummer, but once you cut through all the fluff, there won't be much left.

Kind of says something about the sheer volume of threads here, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
So, to put this to bed, can someone here please show us all, in context, where an astronaut states he/she has direct knowledge of aliens/ufos or anything of the like?

Edgar Mitchell founded the Institute of Noetic Sciences in 1972 to test the paranormal, all because his life changed after he walked on the moon. And he found there was something to it. Then he concluded that thoughts have an effect on REALITY.

He found a healer who made his blind mum see again. When she found out it wasn't her Christian god that healed her she went blind again.

This might count as something "of the like" to some, though I predict it's just "highly edited and out of context tripe" to you, lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
This might count as something "of the like" to some, though I predict it's just "highly edited and out of context tripe" to you, lol.

Well, of course it is. It has nothing to do with UFOs and doesn't prove much one way or the other.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Edgar Mitchell founded ... found a healer who made his blind mum see again. When she found out it wasn't her Christian god that healed her she went blind again.

I hadn't heard this story. Not to be disrespectful, but is there a link closer to the source I could check, please?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
[cooper video link]
Doesn't take much research to find it. This is common knowledge.::

Correct, Cooper claims to have had two encounters with UFOs, before he became an astronaut.

As for "common knowledge", Mark, could you direct me to somewhere on the Internet where those stories were ever investigated and validated, please? Have you ever seen any attempts at prosaic explanations for his stories?

Deke Slayton's memoirs had a weather-balloon-sounding mid-1950s story, too.

edit on 16-3-2012 by JimOberg because: add Deke...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I know it's in his book The Way of the Explorer: An Apollo Astronaut's Journey Through the Material and Mystical Worlds.
I haven't read it, I remember the story from an interview, maybe Sightings or some similar programme from the 90s. There's a transcript of an interview here - Dateline NBC April 19, 1996 Transcript of Edgar Mitchel Interview -where he mentions the healing. I'm sure the rest of the story wont be hard to find.

reply to post by camus154

Deosn't really matter if there's none or if there's 20 astronauts claiming they saw ufos/aliens and things like along those lines. There are hundreds of pilots, policemen, and plenty more humans with fully functonal brains who have seen ufos. None of it proves much one way or the other to a sceptic. They have to see for themselves.

edit on 16-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

On May 15, 1963 he shot into space in a Mercury capsule for a 22 orbit journey around the world. During the final orbit, Major Gordon Cooper told the tracking station at Muchea (near Perth Australia) that he could see a glowing, greenish object ahead of him quickly approaching his capsule. The UFO was real and solid, because it was picked up by Muchea's tracking radar. Cooper's sighting was reported by the National Broadcast Company.

The only sighting he had that was actually publicly validated was this one.The radar station picked up signature of the solid object as it approached his capsule.As for the comment "common knowledge", what I was implying was that it is common knowledge that astronauts have made claims of sighting UFO's that's all. I know of no investigations regarding Cooper's claims.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167

On May 15, 1963 he shot into space in a Mercury capsule for a 22 orbit journey around the world. During the final orbit, Major Gordon Cooper told the tracking station at Muchea (near Perth Australia) that he could see a glowing, greenish object ahead of him quickly approaching his capsule. The UFO was real and solid, because it was picked up by Muchea's tracking radar. Cooper's sighting was reported by the National Broadcast Company.

The only sighting he had that was actually publicly validated was this one.The radar station picked up signature of the solid object as it approached his capsule.As for the comment "common knowledge", what I was implying was that it is common knowledge that astronauts have made claims of sighting UFO's that's all. I know of no investigations regarding Cooper's claims.

Thanks, Mark. I think this 'Mercury' story was publicly repudiated by Cooper as a hoax. I suspect Clark McClelland, NICAP's mole at Cape Canaveral for thirty years, may have been the origin of the story, because Keyhoe [whom McClelland reported to] first released the story, best as I can reconstruct.

Let's see if a Google search on "Cooper Mercury UFO" and "denies" or something, shows results.

EDIT: This story was linked via Wikipedia, but the original link was dead. However, I used the Wayback machine to dig out the original file and it's stored here:

Gordon Cooper: No Mercury UFO
By Robert Scott Martin, Space.com Staff Writer
posted: 06:37 pm ET 10 September 1999

The ORIGINAL [now non-functioning] link is www.space.com...

Click on it, then capture the full URL,

then go to the Wayback machine home page: www.archive.org...

and enter it as desired search item.

and select the earliest version
edit on 16-3-2012 by JimOberg because: outsmart link manager....

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I found the original interview and he does clearly state the Mercury experience wasn't true. But what I did find interesting is the story of his experience over Germany and what it states.

In the encounter, which took place over Germany in the early 1950s, Cooper saw "flights of fighters flying by in the same sort of formation we flew, moving east to west." The U.S. Air Force base scrambled its own pilots, including Cooper

This tells me that an event happened that was enough of a concern that multiple jets were scrambled. So in my mind that tells me somewhere there is a report buried away that verifies this experience from multiple perspectives.
Also this experience reveals that again according to Cooper there were multiple witnesses and in this case film to back up the claim.

He also stood by his belief that he saw a UFO land at Edwards Air Force Base in California in 1957. Although Cooper had been filming the base with a camera crew at the time, the film, which he handed over to a high-ranking officer from Washington, has never emerged.

Maybe one day the information to verify Cooper's claims will be found. I wonder if anyone as done a FIOA based on his sightings?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on March 19th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Obviously you have trouble making a difference b-n astronauts and astrophysicists, these are two different. Usually the brain and the maths is done by astrophysicists, the astronomers are the 'hands' of the operation, the 'soldiers'...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
From Deke Slayton's 1995 autobiography, Deke!

pg. 49 books.google.ca...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

But for White and his fellow X-15 pilots, the greatest reward for their work is the satisfaction of probing the mysteries inside the sky. In last week's flight Bob White found a new mystery for scientists to puzzle over: through the X-15's thick left quartz window, he saw a strange sight. "There are things out there," he said dramatically over his voice radio. "There absolutely is." As White later described one "thing": "It looked like a piece of paper the size of my hand tumbling slowly outside the plane. It was greyish in color, and about 30 to 40 feet away. I haven't any idea what it could be."t

www.time.com... (requires subscription)
wikispooks.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
you make a thread claiming 'direct astronaut quotes confirming their knowledge of aliens/ufos', then ask if people have any?
have you ever tried google/youtube? thats the only place people get there stuff from here you time waster

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join