It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Chief: We’ll Spy on You Through Your Dishwasher

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
First off, this scares the heck out of me and freaks me out that hubby was right about the t.v.
Secondly, how bad do you have to suck to get the monitoring of the dishwashers job at the CIA?

So what is the CIA analyst going to be doing while they are watching you through your dishwasher? "Oh, no you didn't just put that pot in there without pre-washing. That is NOT gonna come off."

Where do I apply for the dishwasher analyst job?

edit on 16-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is worrisome, if not unexpected.

My question is, since they're talking about this openly, what are they trying to distract us from?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I just don't want mine socializing with other dishes and learning that some of their peers actually get cleaned more than once a month. My plates on Twitter is not a good idea.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So there could be a pedophile watching my kids on the tv or computer?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
dishwasher fires

The reasons to use your dishwasher may sound silly, but there have been some very scary instances of dishwasher fires.
The above link is a simple search of 'dishwasher fire' with pages and pages of results.

This link is just the latest from my area.
kshb tv

Now imagine for a moment that "someone" wanted to make your death look like an "accident". Isn't a dishwasher fire the most accidental way?
The coroner would say accident, the manufacturer gets the blame and you are dead...
Perfect!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Paranoia......

If your dishwasher is 'smart' (i.e. 'connected to the internet) it is a continuous indicator of your IP address, through that 'hook' I can tunnel into other devices, monitor times when your appliance is active, and perhaps even (go with me here) find a way to monitor the cross-signalling on your household power - all that wiring in your house is sure to carry spurious signals induced from inside your home....

Just spit balling ideas here... no flames necessary.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Some might decide to spy right back.

Any connection goes 2 ways.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Maybe if you stop paying taxes or you forget to pay a parking ticket, they will turn your dishwasher off

until you do. Or program your TV to only play the shopping channels.

Seriously, though, that is pretty alarming, although anyone who read 1984 can see it reads more like a guidebook than fiction.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Eh, let them monitor me. I don't care. I guess I'll have to make a point to sit around naked a lot more. I'm sure they would enjoy seeing my birthday suit. Oh! Maybe I'll start doing naked yoga in front of all of my electronics! Make sure to point my back side towards the ones I'm sure have a camera in them so they get a good view of a full moon.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
No joke, our dishwasher has been going to crap. The husband took the whole thing apart cursing like a marine curses.. its a special kind of pukingly vulgar offensive cursing that would get me a perma ban here and probably from the whole internet.
This story kinda made me giggle.. if anyone was listening to that we will definitely be having a visit from the black vans real real soon.

On a serious note.. smart stuff is stupid. I really never got injured or even died from doing things without NEEDING smart appliances and smart phones. Folks may need to make a choice regardless of how awesomely cool some of these electronics today are.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I'm trying to understand what information could possibly be gleaned from spying on a dishwasher... Also what kind of weirdo would actually hook an appliance up to the internet? Seems more trouble than it's worth.

What kind of information? Water consumption.

What kind of weirdo? The kind who maybe wants to control and or monitor personal usage of a natural resource... like water.

Don't forget, these are the same people who suggest that collecting rainwater for personal use is illegal and infringes on other people's "water rights".

Here is just one of MANY examples I could provide.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

That's a damn good point. And an angle I never even considered.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Aren't you glad to see how your tax dollars are being spent?
The statement is the subject line sounds like idiotic bragging or perhaps an effort to increase paranoia.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

My life is so boring if the CIA wants to waste their time and money spying on me through my dishwasher, TV (I'm never in the TV room anyway hardly) or out gardening - go for it.

With me, they are going to have a long boring watch...............I live a very calm, ordinary life now (thank God).

Calm and boring is good.

Even looking at my computer would not be that interesting except for some of my radical posts here on ATS.

They are welcome to some of my books, might enlighten them and my recipes, well some are to die for.

My family pictures are cute too.
edit on 16-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Your toilet is next...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

My husband of 38 years says my hiney is still cute so that might interest them.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I still wonder and have weird feelings about the plasma screen TV's.

You can see in but can they see out?

Probably not, probably just being paranoid, but you never know.

Cameras on every street corner.

When I go into public buildings I see all kinds of hidden cameras.

We are all being watched, monitored, tagged and logged into some database.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Not to derail...but did you see this thread?

The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by Drew99GT

It's supposed to be for laziness, uh, I mean convenience. Remember the ad where the guy has his wife unlock his car while she sits on a plane? Ever hear about the guy with a chip in his wrist, he can unlock his home, turn on lights, just by swiping his wrist in front of a reader. Welcome to the future. As far as "1984" goes, we passed that mile marker 8 songs ago. Look in the rearview mirror, you might still be able to see freedoms, privacy, and security waving atcha. Big Sis has been watching our every move for quite some time, only way to avoid it is to leave the grid. But that would require effort and it is much easier to simply give up our rights, not just as citizens, but as a human being. How far away is the day when the populace says, uh oh, we munked up.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Its gonna go like this - when the next-gen dishwasher comes out that has voice recognition and you can start it with "dishbuddy, wash pots and pans extended dry", you know not to buy that model.

That's gonna be the one with the mic in it that never turns off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join