It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to go a whole day without hearing about Hitler or Nazi's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
They should rename the history channel the Hitler channel instead.

How many threads on here refer to Nazi's or Hitler? lol

Even if you do tend to stay away from newspapers, the internet and television, you are bound to drive by a holocaust museum at some point in the day.

The question is why are we bombarded with Hitler 24/7?

People will say "Those who dont know history are bound to repeat it"

I disagree with this, and believe hitler is just a tool used to gain sympathy from the goy masses.

Hitler is used to justify what Israel does in the middle east. He is used to justify preemptive war on people that have nothing to do with Germany or Germans whatsoever. He is used to justify bulldozing of houses and bombing of unarmed civillians.

can you go a day without hearing of hitler or nazi's? lol

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yes we were talking about WWII on every class I've had, including maths lol. I told the English teacher to change the subject to something that's currently going on like ´Palestine and Israel´ and she went baloony on me.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I probably would have today but since you brought it up.....

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I probably would have today but since you brought it up.....

Doubtful.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Well your not helping, I hadn´t heard of him today.

I don´t know, there sure were lots of other dictators that did very evil things, but you never see a show about Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge.

Off course, WO2 was the biggest, most fascinating war and Hitler was the most iconic person of the war.

But I agree that there might be an agenda to keep the Jewish people looking like a victim in general.

At least the anti-semitism card is used sometimes.
edit on 16-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by the OP

I actually hardly ever hear those words... hmmmm. I guess you guys need to move out of the past, the controllers have your brain... How are you going to defeat hitler 60 years after he died??

come on now...

want to hear something nice??

probably not... But I love everyone here, and I'm seeing a bad trend. Don't feed the ghosts of the past, and look you bring it up too, as if you bringing up this subject doesn't count.

I hope you guys have better luck the rest of the day avoiding topics like this, assuming you don't start them..

Smiles!
It's really beautiful today by the way.
edit on 3/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Not very likely, especially if you spend time on an internet site like this:

Godwin's law

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies) is a humorous observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990 that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis.

Wiki

edit on 3/16/12 by FortAnthem because:
_____________ extra DIV

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Not very likely, especially if you spend time on an internet site like this:

Godwin's law

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies) is a humorous observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990 that has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis.

Wiki

edit on 3/16/12 by FortAnthem because:
_____________ extra DIV

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Not hearing about Hitler or Nazis in a day is about as likely as not hearing some moron bring up Zionists.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Not hearing about Hitler or Nazis in a day is about as likely as not hearing some moron bring up Zionists.

/TOA

Well at least Zionists are still around and their policies effect alot of countries outside their borders. Hardly moronic to talk about zionists.

I guess you can say that Nazi's are still around too. haahha

Israeli police say they have broken up a gang of neo-Nazis who are accused of carrying out attacks on foreigners, gay people and religious Jews. The eight suspects, aged 16-21, are all Israeli citizens from the former Soviet Union. They were arrested a month ago, but the news only emerged on Saturday.

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 16-3-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

/TOA

You proved that point.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

ouch... But yea I don't think it's sinking in... hmm?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Even if you do tend to stay away from newspapers, the internet and television, you are bound to drive by a holocaust museum at some point in the day.

I disagree with this, and believe hitler is just a tool used to gain sympathy from the goy masses.

Hitler is used to justify what Israel does in the middle east. He is used to justify preemptive war on people that have nothing to do with Germany or Germans whatsoever. He is used to justify bulldozing of houses and bombing of unarmed civillians.

I might have gona a whole day without hearing about it if i didn't see this link this morning when i woke up. thanks for starting me out right.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

Originally posted by mayabong

I might have gona a whole day without hearing about it if i didn't see this link this morning when i woke up. thanks for starting me out right.

Point made already in this thread. Chances are you would have seen it anyways since one of the top topics is "America looking more like Nazi Germany every day"

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Gee, I haven't seen any show on the History Channel regarding WW II and Hitler in years. All I ever see are huge blocks of Ancient Aliens, Pawn Stars, and American Pickers crap.

It used to be a good channel, until it went to the reality show format, and hasn't really shown anything about real history in ages.

I don't really consider it the history channel anymore.

TV Tropes calls it channel drift.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo

/TOA

You proved that point.

Good going with personal attacks. You'll fit right in here, genius.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think it's because the Nazi's are still around and in some cases
in positions of power.

The pope was hitler youth.
The Bush family made wads of cash from their dealings
with the Nazi's upto halfway through the war, and only because they were caught out.
If they did'nt get caught they would have kept going.
Von Braun was of course head of NASA.
How many Nazi's can you find

join