It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"There's No Tomorrow" - a colourful depiction of a not-so-colourful situation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hello, guys!
Recently I watched this short cartoon movie called "There's No Tomorrow". Most of you here are rather smart fellows with a broad range of interests and a peculiar desire for new information. However, the content of this cartoon is not something new or unseen by you, guys, but still I could not find a previous post about it in this forum (at least I did not find anything using several keywords in the "search" engine). Probably you have watched Michael Rupert's "Collapse" movie - the scenarios here in this one are more or less the same.
I thought it might be interesting for you to watch it, for the movie summarizes several key problems that our global-village society faces today. In addition, I thought it might be useful to catch you children's attention with this movie as it is in a cartoon form (unless you think it is rather depressing for them).
So, here it is, enjoy!

youtu.be...
edit on 16-3-2012 by Filip86 because: Link doe not seem to work properly!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

When you click the vid:youtube button, put in VOMWzjrRiBg

Looks interesting, will have to give it a watch later.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Youtube videos that refuse to allow ratings or comments (or open discussion) really bother me. This is a hashup of Heinberg, Ruppert, Hubbert and Prof. Albert Bartlett's lecture without any balance given of the technological advances we have had in the last 20+ years that make advancing beyond a petroleum economy possible. No time whatsoever is given to the thousands of new ventures the world over that are already well on their way to advancing beyond an oil economy.

At least the Zeitgeist Movement is offering solutions up for discussion.

I tried to point this out on the forum listed in the movie and was shouted down by people who want to believe that 'there is no tomorrow' because the oil is running out, and who believe that the ZM is the same as Pol Pot's regime.

YMMV.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Well, that is exactly what I wanted to read, btw. In your comment you used a very distinctive word - "balance". Around this word is the whole meaning, I guess. The gloom-and-doom future and the golden-age-of-enlightening go hand in hand in a well balanced pace.
Speaking of balance, even today is a very balanced day - Vernal equinox / autumnal equinox, depending on where you are!

Next time, I will try to find something more informative, though.

Thank you for your comment.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

This is true -- Civilization is OVER!!

At 7% growth rate of energy use every 10 years requires MORE ENERGY than was used in all previous years of human industrial history.

It's all over -- no matter if any techno-fix is found.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
First of all, the title, "There's No Tomorrow" is proven wrong every morning. Secondly, I happen to know the person who made this cartoon; it took him seven years while he taught himself the animation. The length of time devoted to it kinda proves that the can keeps getting kicked down the road, one way or another. I started reading about the 'oil is running out!' idea back over a decade ago now. And everywhere I go, there's cars, trucks, buses and airplanes still running, more than ever.

While the 'civilization' (and I hesitate to call it that) we are used to may have a limited lifespan, I think that's all to the good. Something else will rise out of either the ashes, or the combined resources and intellect of people who aren't all running around with their hair on fire. Look on any number of science, physics or university websites at the amazing things being invented now, and try not to forget that more energy falls on the planet from the sun in an hour than we could possibly use in a 100 years...

An oil-based economy is ecologically insane and primitive. We have lots of other options. One of the ways to start implementing them sooner rather than later is to quit the profit motive economy and go towards one where sanity and available resources determines energy use, not whether or not a meter can be put on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

So you REALLY don't understand the concept yet?

O.K. so the bacteria are only HALF way filling the bottle with ONE minute left.

Do you KNOW what that means?

It means that the rate of growth is exponential while you are viewing reality in a LINEAR fashion.

You're saying -- look there's MORE use of gas than ever and everything is fine.

EXACTLY -- that's the whole illusion.

It accelerates in growth and then it CRASHES.

Are people really that mind controlled.

Watch the Dr. Barlett video - he hammers home the math.

The first time I watched it - I thought -- this is an old out-dated video and I ignored the low-tech graphics, etc.

Don't be fooled. This is math that is true.

edit on 29-8-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

top topics

join