It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet Terminal street view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Running street view around
36° 5'29.46"N 115°10'5.32"W
you can see the Google spy mobile caught a worker exiting the Janet terminal. The tag on the mirror could be for terminal parking or for parking where ever the person resides. It looks like the Google street view software knows how to blur license plates.

If you go a bit further down, you can see the big eye in the sky.
36° 5'34.06"N 115°10'5.36"W

Of course, you can just drive by and take better shots. It helps to have a driver and photographer since sometimes security will annoy you if you look too obvious.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I don't see an eye in the sky. Where do you see that in the second picture?
edit on 16-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't understand the reasoning behind your post. I think most people can agree that there is a Janet airlines that transports workers back and forth between Area 51 and Vegas. I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could figure out a way to follow someone out of the airport that is an Area 51 employee. Is the point of this thread to prove that Janet flights do exist?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

I just thought it was funny Google street view caught an employee leaving the terminal.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I don't recall the official name for those portable camera snooping structures. You see them around DC for protests. The Janet terminal has had one for a few years.

You don't see one of these?
www.ajc.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I have some Janet terminal shots I never bothered to upload since the thermal distortion was pretty bad in July. These are from 2009 and shot from the Tropicana. Unfortunately, the days when you could see a lot from the Trop are history due to all the new construction.

This is one of the new 737s being inspection at night. The guy with the flashlight is lined up with the air conditioner.

You can tell it is a new one based on the engine. In this case, N869HH.

Here is some guy doing a bit of girl watching:

Boarding one of the old janets:

I thought this guy was dressed strangely for work:

A few more people getting on board:

You'll note small surveillance cameras in some of the shots.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

I just thought it was funny Google street view caught an employee leaving the terminal.

I guess I can see the humor in that, I wonder if anyone has ever tried following one of these employees out of the airport and confronting he or she?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I don't see it pirated on youtube, but there is a video I believe called Area 51 Fact or Fiction. In it, some private detective follows a car from the Janet terminal to their house, then knocks on the door looking for answers. Kind of like making a video to certify you are a jerk. It is the one with Bob Grove from Monitoring Times in it IIRC. This video was so bad that they didn't know where the border was located by the back gate. You can walk right up to the fence at the back gate, but their expert was such a pole in the ground was the border.

I've seen so many of those crappy Area 51 videos that they are starting to be a blur.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Manhater

I don't recall the official name for those portable camera snooping structures. You see them around DC for protests. The Janet terminal has had one for a few years.

You don't see one of these?
www.ajc.com...

You can see them all around the Times Square area in N.Y. as well. Definitely security towers....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

I guess I can see the humor in that, I wonder if anyone has ever tried following one of these employees out of the airport and confronting he or she?

It was done by a television crew doing an Area 51 story on the Discovery Channel about 9 or 10 years ago. They knocked on the employee's door but didn't show their face. They asked about the terminal and the employee gave the "required" response...."No comment."

As of July 2013 (their estimated date of completion) there will be the third largest ferris wheel in the world across the street from the JANET terminal. The location is as follows:
Empty lot immediately south of Ali Baba Ln
Google coordinates:
36º 05' 40.42" N
105º 10' 09.63" W
edit on 23-3-2012 by HarryBollox because: forgot data

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I'm a Las Vegas resident and I know I have a licence to conceal so I'm sure these techies that frequent the Janet Terminal do too!

top topics

join