It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!!!"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Nite_wing

I have been in the military all of my adult life, but when I leave I cannot even get social housing because foreigners take president...

PTSD is rife... With no help....

THAT is the bomb that will make you take notice..

Sounds like a threat...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
You dont fight for us. You fight for a greedy government that in turn pays you to fight other's wars. Sounds like a merc to me. Until you fight off something on the homefront, quit directing complaints towards us little people. That had nothing to do with you joining or the iraq war. Just saying lol. You guys know you wanted to say it too. FYI - You going to iraq or anywhere else at that matter was'nt the american peoples fault. Where only pheasants in a world full of kings.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

PTSD is rife... With no help...

Dude. www.va.gov Go get some help. PTSD is now assumed to be part of military service at the Veterans Administration, and not something they actively try to cover up. Regardless of your era, if you meet certain requirements, a disability rating and compensation for PTSD is easy to come by nowadays. There is no reason why an honorably discharged veteran should find any roadblocks between them and compensation. Every state has it's own veterans benefits, aside from the abundance available through the VA. Some counties and cities also have additional veterans benefits. My favorites are the ones that wipe out all or part of a veterans property taxes.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Everytime I think I am going to just log onto ATS and just read the latest news, I see a thread like this that makes me want to respond.

This thread is a very good case in point for why Ron Paul talks about bringing our military home and out of other countries so that they can do the job for which they were intended. IE: protect OUR country, not police the world.

I cant help but think that OP's thread is a result of perhaps a good man who at one time, really did join the military for what was supposed to be all the right reasons- a desire to serve in an honorable profession. I dont think he is the nutjob some of you claim, I think our foreign policies, which involves too much of the military in too many wars and comflicts around the world is what creates eventual attitudes like this in many military people.

I was a young mother during the vietnam era and I saw the tide turning away from what was a"hero's welcome" from WW2 soldiers into a lot of high disrepest and hatred from people, towards soldiers of that era. It was a shocker, and I dont think a lot of people have recovered from that turning of the tides, in that "baby killer" mentality has gone a long way towards screwing with the minds of people as well military personel.

Not saying people of that day were not justified to be frustrated and angry with the whole viet nam thing, but it did make a precedence towards how the military is viewed today by so many. As a result, you get people like the OP who is jolted into the realization that "we arent in Kansas anymore." Things have changed.

We need our military to protect us in one capacity only, and that is the shores and lands of these United States, not going around the world under some authorized pretense that they are Fighting for you" if they go wage war on some elite's wishes. Then, I think the balance would be restored, military would not feel unappreciated, and they would regain their own sense of worth in what they are doing, and the people would realize again, a respect and appreciation for what these brave few in our society choose to do with their lives.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I feel like my first post was kinda harsh. Soooo, I'll add, i fully support all forces. I just find myself, somewhat lacking in trust with the guys that carelessly push you around on a warboard like a chess piece. Thats my reasoning for never joining. I'd hate to be the pawn. You just dont seem to know what your fighting for, but in all truth. It's not for us. If so, we the people would have gained from the US taking iraq. If so, they must have forgot my check or noticing at that matter.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 10111011

That's what people who have only seen one or two pieces of the 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle believe.

There is nothing to make me think we would not be living under a much harsher regime, if the U.S. did not have such powerful military capabilities. I also believe we will have that more harsh regime take over, if the military ever weakens to a point that we cannot defend ourselves.

Nǐ huì shuō pǔtōnghuà ma ? Luckily, I do.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to to post by 10111011

I started my reply to you, before your second was posted. I wouldn't have directed a comment towards you, had I seen your next one.

I joined the military before the 1st gulf war. I grew up in the 70s and 80s during the time of Russia Phobia. WHen I joined it was time of peace and I never imagined the wars that were to come.

edit on 16-3-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

So you think you have been fighting for us all this time? Gee hate to break it to you but that's not the case you have been fighting for the politically connected corps to secure resources and markets. The military has been doing that since the turn of the 20th century unfortunately thanks to corrupt politicians bought and paid for by the mega corps... General Smedly Butler; War is a Racket

Sorry you did not know this but now that you do please stop fighting and just come home!

edit on 16-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Totally agree. Good post.

Our men should be cared for, and the government is stripping away benefits. I just don't get it. Then you have people who oppose war and want to sit there and blame the serviceman. It's not their choice that they wanted to go to war. It was the governments choice.

Servicemen should definitely be treated better then what they are being treated.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Psssssssst, newsflash, you are not fighting for me. Go ahead and stop fighting, see if I care. In fact, I would encourage you guys to grow a pair, and stop fighting for the fat elite pigs that profit off your fighting.

I can fight for myself, so dismount from that large stallion, and brush the chip off your shoulder.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Why don't YOU grow a pair and defy the illegal orders you're given?

How about YOU stop killing civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere and start representing YOUR country in a respectable manner - even in wartime?

Since it's a CAREER to you more than anything else, how about you stop expecting a handout from the government when you decide to change jobs and leave the military.

It goes both ways, buddy. You want to disrespect civilians? We can dish it right the f*** back.

i had a reply ready, but this guy summed it up better that i could. i didnt ask any soldiers to fight. Bin Ladens dead, yet we're still blowing the hell out of those people.....if we're not worth fighting for then please change jobs. you chose to be in the forces.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
You should have known what you were in for when you...signed your life away? As it seems...you and whoever you are speaking on behalf of are controlled by just a handful of people who make the decisions and yet you run with it, in your spare time back at your FOB's you get jacked up on war games in your leisure time. Why is it that you feel the need to run your fingers about something so baseless, you get paid from your people's taxes because your country who you are...fighting for...are paying you for a service that you provide knowing all to well that history repeats itself just look at all the Korean, vietnam and any other war fought and look just how coushy their...retirement has been, you don't ever retire from the battle field as far as PTSD goes. Stop propping up the handful of people and corporations that you serve. All is well that ends well...and time and time again war has proved that it does not end well...I think it's quite clear, especially in America where people want their taxes to go. Faceless men fight faceless enemy's all in the name of greed. Come what may. Sounds like your only out to serve your ego...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'm actually going to have to take issue with you here Evan. Here in the UK the vast majority of people support the troops, you only need look at charities like help the heroes to see the amount of help and support the British public give to the armed services. I have always had great respect for our British Armed Forces and don't actually know anyone who does not support the British soldier.

Of course we pay you with our taxes, just as we pay nurses, teachers and the police. NOt only do we pay you but we pay for the equipment that allows you to be a soldier, the guns, the submarines, the missiles, the aircraft carriers, without which you could not be a soldier.

So this is nothing personal, as I have stated my high respect for British service men and women, but lets not get things out of perspective here. You can't blame the British people for the fact our government has not kept it's promises to soldiers. It's not just soldiers who get the rough end of the stick. Think about pensioners who can't afford to heat their homes. Who stands up for them? No one.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I dont want the government using my hard earned money to pay young men to go fight / kill each other for no f**king reason other than elite greed.

so alot of us acutualy DONT want you to fight for us. how about those apples?

edit on 16-3-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
reply to post by EvanB

PTSD is rife... With no help...

Dude. www.va.gov Go get some help. PTSD is now assumed to be part of military service at the Veterans Administration, and not something they actively try to cover up.

I have to second this post, one phonecall to either the Royal British Legion or the Veterans Agency will see you on the path to help, whether that be with PTSD, housing, funding for anythig else that might be causing a struggle.

Yes they probably have a lot on right now, but they WILL make time for you.

I've met many ex soldiers who have not taken this help when offered or informed about it. instead they sit and whine about their situation whilst refusing help due to them being a big bad rufty tufty soldier who does need help from nobody...especially civillians. Bit of advice from someone who served.....don't refuse help.

Quick story, i left after nine years, didn't have a great time in S. Armagh, needed a lot of help when i left the forces. For ages i refused to talk to anyone outside about what i'd seen or done unless they'd been there themselves. If they hadn't seem their mates dead from gunshot or bomb wounds, they weren't worth speaking to because they wouldn't understand.

Then i trained as a Fitness trainer/sports therapist, on the course we had to do a presentation on something health related. Loads of students, young and old, talked about PTSD-like symptoms, but which were caused by numerous other situations that they...as civillians....had been through. Some had lost babies, one guy was at the Lockerbie crash site, another had lost 9 friends in a mining accident....it went on and on....but all of the results were the same, the same as what i was feeling.

After that i felt more at home talking to civillians, or anyone for that matter about thing, and it has helped.

Another thing that made me stop feeling hard done by and sorry for myself, when i was in a military hospital in London, we had some pensioners from WW2 come in for PTSD treatment from the war. They'd only just found out that they could get treament for what they had been suffering. Five minutes hearing what they went through made me kind of embarrased i was struggling at all.

Thats not to say yours or mine is any less damaging, i'm just saying, theres lots out there, military AND civillian who will have done and seen a lot more that we ever will. Get the help, use that intelligence you talk about to not let the system beat you. It's damn hard, i won't lie, but you will do it and look back and use your experiences to your benefit.

Royal British Legion
Veterans Agencey

Ring them today whether you are serving or not.

Good luck mate,

CX.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
You don't protect, fight for your fellow country man , and you never have.You say you do,and I believe that you believe you do, but you don't You fight for hmm let's see oil,gas,control,how Is it done you may ask as you can't see the Forrest throuh the trees, first you guys invade country x then comes the rape, pillage and torture of it's people, their pain and greif remains long after your back home with your family and friends ,you fight for and protect the 1% not the 99%
If you want to fight for your people
PUTDOWNTHEF$CKINGGUNS!!!!
edit on 16-3-2012 by BULLETINYOURHEAD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think what some people fail to realize is that you and i do fight for them. Just not in the way they think we think we do.

Most of us made the conscious choice to join the armed services. We chose to make sacrifices to be a part of the force that will protect our people. The fight that we do for them is not the fighting that is seen by them. The fight lies within the sacrifices and hardships we endure to be a part of the military and in the event that we are in fact needed to directly defend our country, we are there and ready to take the fighting for them from within ourselves and apply it to the enemy that seeks to harm them.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Maybe it is time you pull your head out of the sand. You are not fighting for freedom, you are not fighting for your family, and you certainly are not fighting to better your countries.

You are fighting so some very rich people, can fund and sell weapons to both sides of conflicts. These same people cause said conflicts and get even more rich. That's it.

You want to help your family, friends and countrymen? Then join the fire department, join the paramedics, hell join the police force and help clean up the corruption! Then you would be doing some real good.

Fighting for freedom, then turn around and cry that people are using said freedom you are supposedly fighting for, by stating negative opinions of the military? That's not freedom, when people can only say what you like.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm in the military and know we don't fight for the people, we fight for the government. During my deployment to Afghanistan is where I finally realized this, and is the main reason I am not signing another contract. The people will support the troops when the troops support the people, and guess what, the people don't want war anymore.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

then dont fight. You are not doing it for me bub. I would like to see all those taliban invading new york because we left them the F alone

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join