It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!!!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

My father was in the air force during the korean war.My first husband
served 18 monthes in vietnam.I had an uncle who served 4 tours of duty
in vietnam.I tried enlisting in the army when I was 19 but I found out I was
pregnant.
My second husband served in the air force in peace time between korea
and vietnam.I have a son who is a disabled vet and 2 grandsons' who
served over in iraq.I have to other grandsons who want to go into the military
after they graduate from high school.
The only way that I can serve my country is by voting those crooks out of
office this fall.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Get some sleep tonite, mate, and seek good company tomorrow and enjoy it.

Put your sword down for just a while. I am worried for you.

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well OP, I left a post for you in the "baby killer" thread, but since you started your own thread, confirming that your an ignorant, entitled fool, I will address you here.

I have read your posts in both threads; about your distaste for the "citizens"; and yes I used citizens instead of "civilians" which is an elitist term used by the military to look down on other citizens of you country, who actually are not only your equals they are your friggen boss. I also read of your so called "calling" to be a solider.

News flash genius the only noble calling to be a soldier, is to protect the citizens of their nation and since you make it clear that is not why your there, it shows you weren't really called to be a soldier in the first place.

I don't really know why you were called, but if you were called to be a soldier for the comradery, then you should join the masons, or another social club or even a sports team, plenty of male bonding and comradery there.

if you were called to lead a well regulated and controlled life, well then maybe you should have voluntarily checked yourself into an asylum, they lead a well regulated and controlled life there.

if you were called to kill people, well son, lots of people feel they are called to kill people, we don't call them soldiers, just what they are murderers and serial killers.

And really, listening to you rage on about disliking the citizens of your country, while everything you fricken have as a soldier comes from them via their pocket, just disgusts me.

The fact is everything and I mean everything you have in the soldiers life, from the food you stuff your fat face with, to the uniforms you put on your back, to the weapons you carry, the ammo you supply those weapons with, and the humvees, tanks and helicopters you move around in and the fuel they burn come from the grace of the citizens of your nation. I am not attacking good soldiers who fight for their country and people, but as for "soldiers" like you, who are basically a fricken welfare case that can't hack it in society; and yeah I read in the other thread where you said you couldn't stand "civilian" life, and I would say your actually one step below lazy people with too many kids on welfare, at least they don't blow crap up and kill people.

The funny thing is soldiers without the support of citizens and humanity have NOTHING, humanity without soldiers would have no war. SO tell me who the frak really needs who in the equation?

And like I said in the last thread everything you have comes from the citizens of your country, so next time you stuff your worthless self entitled welfare case face, you should say a prayer of thanks to them for the food you fricken eat. And when you go out to play tin soldier in the battlefield like a foolish boy with nifty toys, you should say another prayer of thanks to the citizens of your nation for granting them to you, along with your entire way of life.....

To good soldiers, who serve, to protect the citizens of their country, I give much respect, to thugs like you who masquerade as soldiers, sucking off the citizens teet while talking crap behind their back, "I say, FRACK YOU TOO AS WELL. WE DON'T REALLY NEED YOU. YOU NEED US."

edit on 15-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

edit on 15-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

edit on 15-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

edit on 15-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The OP's loyalty isn't to the British people.

Instead his loyalty is to Queen Elisabeth, her heirs and successors, as embodied in the oath that soldiers take when joining up.

So the OP's contempt for the English public is hardly surprising.

I say surprising. What's genuinely surprising is that the OP's served in uniform in any capacity whatever. I assume that's what he means ? That he's a serving soldier ?

Sorry to have to mention this, but he's a self confessed drunk in most of his other contributions. And a Daily Mail reader to boot (what squaddie in the British Army reads that crap ?)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Last I checked, I didn't ask for any protection.

Understand that if you don't have anything to protect, then you have no purpose. I have things I want to protect and that keeps me growing stronger. What I get from this thread is almost a threat to me and those I vowed to protect, especially if your government orders you to attack on your own country. I will protect without pay and until the day I die.

I know those are your brothers. If they attack the people we will protect ours, it would be wise to protect yours. If you truly want things to get better, don't be a dog of the government.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

i did not ask you to fight for me and if i had a say you would not be fighting at all.

Good point.

the military is fighting for the benefit of the ruling class more than anything else, and to throw everybody under the bus because you feel unappreciated by this heartless ruling class then it would seem you are attributing blame to the wrong people.

Exactly, the military serves the elites and they're mostly too ignorant to know it. Our military hasn't been about defense since the war of 1812.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Nite_wing

PTSD is rife... With no help....

Welcome to the mental ward Mr. Soldier. As soon as your superiors get wind of your post, i think you are going to be evaluated up to the eyeballs. Good luck to you mate. There is no pride in working for the bad guy and you know it. That must be the reason for the crazy.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

You are not....

That's fine. It'll actually help more if you don't. Maybe if you stop going overseas and brutalising the civilians in other countries, you can do something to stem the tide of American governmental fascism domestically. That would actually be useful, unlike what you're doing now.

Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??

You aren't putting your life on the line for anyone in the street at all. You're doing it for the sake of multinational profits. The fact that you keep thinking that you're still "fighting for freedom," is your problem, not ours.

Soldiering is a calling... If you are forced into it by conscription then that does not count.

Sure it is; but your guns are pointed in the wrong direction, and they have been for a long time. The real current enemy is domestic, not foreign. If you were willing to accept that, you might be able to start genuinely fighting for someone's freedom. At the moment, you're telling yourselves that, while actually doing the opposite.

That may sound strange but an integral part of humanity has always had its soldiers.

But in order to protect this universe He, the most resplendent one, assigned separate (duties and) occupations to those who sprang from his mouth, arms, thighs, and feet.

To Brahmanas [clergy] he assigned teaching and studying (the Veda), sacrificing for their own benefit and for others, giving and accepting (of alms).

The Kshatriya [soldiers] he commanded to protect the people, to bestow gifts, to offer sacrifices, to study (the Veda), and to abstain from attaching himself to sensual pleasures;

The [bankers, businesspeople] Vaisya to tend cattle, to bestow gifts, to offer sacrifices, to study (the Veda), to trade, to lend money, and to cultivate land.

One occupation only the lord prescribed to the Sudra, [unskilled labourers, Marx' proletariat] to serve meekly even these (other) three castes.

-- Manu Smriti 1:80-91. Emphasis mine.

Because it is a profession as much as becoming a carpenter, lawyer or doctor...

We want and need you to protect. As you yourself say, that is your duty. You are, however, in fact doing the opposite of protecting, while being deceived that you are doing such.

You go into foreign countries and commit attrocities against the civilian populations there, and while you are doing that, the American government is free to brutalise and suppress your loved ones at home. The government is deceiving you, and you need to begin to realise that they are the enemy, not anyone overseas. They send you into other countries so that you are out of the way, when they want to engage in domestic tyranny.

Nobody fights for us... Why should we fight for you??

I have actually tried to, on this forum. The problem is, that given the way you currently think, when we seek to fight for you, we end up having to actually fight against you. We do not wish to do that.

Recognise who the real enemy is, and come home, and fight it. When you do that, you will genuinely be fighting for your own people, and they will support you. You do not have their support right now, because you are not fighting for them. You are acting as pawns for the government, and causing the opposite of what you actually want, to happen.
edit on 15-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Exactly, the military serves the elites and they're mostly too ignorant to know it. Our military hasn't been about defense since the war of 1812.

Then they should just be disbanded and the funding for them used elsewhere. I'm speaking mostly about the American military. If we haven't been a defense force since 1812, what's the point of having us? Let's just get rid of the military, use all the guns, ships, tanks, vehicles, and plans as scrap metal to make other...things. America doesn't need a military. If we just keep to ourselves and get rid of the threat of our military, no one will want to bother us, right?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

We were never invaded...............you got duped.

911 was a inside job. I have this on good authority.

War is terrorism on a bigger budget.

Quote by Henry Kissinger: "Soldiers Are Dumb, Stupid Animas to Be Used" as Pawns in Foreign Policy."

The quote is found in "Final Days", by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. As we are seeing more and more military intervention, I thought it is good to remember how the globalists judge soldiers themselves.

They did not come over here and invade us...............we went over there for their oil and you soldiers, every one of you thinking you were noble were the goons for the world elite oil and bankers.

And my tax money was used to arm you and kill innocent babies.

Next reincarnation, I sincerely hope I by pass this god forsaken race of manipulated, violent bipedal apes.

I'm tired of all the war, hatred and killing.

Now if someone invades my country, I can and will shoot to kill and protect - yes this little old lady has had self defense and lessons on shooting various guns. I am no match for a invading army but I will die on my feet fighting vs serving on my knees or selling out.

You did not fight for us, the globalists arranged 911 to manipulate us into yet another war.

Hermann Goering, Nazi quotes:
Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

And most of you never learn, you keep falling for the same fear trick every single time.

edit on 15-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

That is the consensus amongst the troops..

Do you honestly believe you speak for the consensus amongst all the troops?

Sir, your mental faculties and cognitive reasoning skills may have been recently compromised.
I'm ordering you to your closest mental health office for counseling immediately.

Your brand of thinking can prove to be problematic if permitted to continue, for yourself, and others.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Honestly, after reading this op a second time, I am no longer laughing. I'm genuinely concerned. The op sounds like the rant of a person that has been pushed too far. Words of a desperate man. I truly hope we don't see him in the headlines anytime soon. I fear that we will.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
Why do you fight if not for your government or your people? Just curious.

We are sent where your vote sends us....

And that is only because the steaks are higher than your post with my bros and sisters sucking up your cowadice...

and btw

that is how you are viewed..

Ahhh I see. You seem to demand respect simply for the fact that you serve. Personally, I don't care who you are, what you do or what you think of me. Respect is earned and with the attitude displayed in your posts it's no wonder no one would be willing to fight for or respect you.

A coward would fight a war based on ambiguous reasons and not question it.

Have a good day.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I have always honored and supported our military. My father was in the army, I've been brought up to always respect an honor them.
All of my boyfriends except for my very first have been in the army.
I'm not a tag Chaser or anything.
I swear to god these guys find me. (that's an entire theory in and of itself for me :p)

But having said this, do you not believe that your loved ones are worth fighting for? The soldiers have people that they personally feel are worth defending.(usually).

Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm not American,Im Venezuelan, just for the record.

I do not trust or even like the military.specially when they become involved with politics,like all of the countries in latin america. However,the USA's Army is a respectable force, and it doesn't EVER cease to amaze me how detached the military is from civil concerns in America.

I have thrown rocks and dodged tear gas bombs thrown at us on student protests, 10 minutes before i shared a cigarrette with the same national guard that was shooting at us

.I have been handed a maximum of 2 cans of powdered milk a month by the military to prevent hoarding on supermarkets(wtf?)

i have seen the military "protect" the borders while they get paid a hefty amount of money to let a truck full of gasoline smugglers go sell it on Colombia.

I have seen the high ranking military say that if the president loses the election,they will not allow anybody else take the presidency.I have seen these same Generals being accused of drug smugglin,and i know they do it.

I have seen my country fall into the hands of nepotistic military men, with no sense of economics,management,laws or constitution.

All i'm saying is,Americans,think outside the box a bit,check out other militaries around the globe.
yes,your army may be doing some,or most things wrong. But i don't think grunts and corporals are to blame.
Blame the POTUS,blame the High Ranks that are into politics and the Military Industrial Complex.follow the money.

Don't insult the whole institution,because i am 100% sure that a lot of young,and not so young men out there
are doing it for the right reasons.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??..

Meh somebody did it for you, just shut up and pay it forward.

You pay our wages??

Yup wages that are all yours. You get free room and board as well as healthcare...oh and we give your kids toys at christmas.

Do you think that we become soldiers to "Get Paid"???

Would you do it for free? Cause we could really use the money for something else.

Soldiering is a calling... If you are forced into it by conscription then that does not count..

In the west we are volunteers...

Well paid volunteers....who get a pretty sweet deal if you can stay out of the middle east.

That may sound strange but an integral part of humanity has always had its soldiers..

Why??

Because it is a profession as much as becoming a carpenter, lawyer or doctor...

OH! Its a profession...many people hate their jobs you either switch careers or get over it.

We are not brainless morons... Imagine having to get 28 guys from a to b without being seen or heard, using the ground to its best advantage, with one foot on the ground that covers the moves.. Then the reaction to effective enemy fire, locating the enemy, the assault; which is done out of sight of the enemy with the ground being used to best advantage..

Learning the weapons systems, navigation (not sat nav) using a map and compass.. Advanced first aid.. Advanced tactics.. language skills.. Survival in any conditions... Local customs and laws.. The list is endless.

The people with brainpower usually stay off the front lines....just saying.

My government always goes on about "the military covenant"

Which supposed to look after housing et al after service.. We get none of that.. And am just left for dead by our own country.. Same for the wounded.. Infact foreigners take priority..

Well you did say its a profession and its what you are born to do so that is your cross to bear. The gravy train has gotta end somewhere we cant take care of you for the duration of your time alive. Plus you said we should keep our taxes so I dont see the point of complaining about this. Now shut up and go win a war. Thanks.

edit on 16-3-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
OP stop wining like a little girl please!

What did you expect? coming home and gummybears and lollipops raining?

if you want to be a soldier, be a soldier.

Do it respectfully, with honor.
With everything that makes soldier a honest warrior.

You will not get praised or celebrated by civilians, there will always be someone who opposes you.
But deep in your heart you will know that you are doing a right thing. That should be your only and most precious award.

And yes i was infantry , and yes i didn't expect lot's of rainbows, flying pigs and nude kinky girls when i was coming home
i expected morons who oppose me
but i knew i was doing right thing so i was happy inside

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
i have served my country, twice..not the people, twice. i wont make that mistake again..... i understand the OP anger but i believe it is misplaced..a soldier, shunned by his countrymen and the government that he served...there is nothing more sad.

the military is not doing what it trained to do, fight a war, close with and kill the enemy with fire superiority ect ect ect. instead, we have sent highly skilled troops to pretend that they are the local police force in some civil wars, trying to ID and enemy in an impossible situation...and the military is there because the govts have failed and the people have failed.

here in 'merika, or anywhere else for that matter, where are all the protest against the war?? i keep reading over and over that most people dont want the militaries 'over there'. you would never know that by the deafening silence. where are the vietnam style protests? you know, the ones that make the govt actually pause for a moment..instead, we get 'occupations'.....

for every civilian that says 'shame' on the soldier for serving their country and doing this or that, for being part of the ongoing 'unpopular' war and for just being a soldier, I say 'shame' on the civilians who have let their govts act for them, shame for letting their govts say, this is what our country wants and the military action is on their behalf.

AND you know what all this bickering does????? it takes the attention away from where it should really be.............

plenty of blame to go around....

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
You're not putting your life on the line for me. You're putting your life on the line because war is profitable for a lot of people that have a lot of power, and they used the terrorist boogeyman to brainwash you into going to fight for them before you had the brain development to be able to think it through all the way.

I'm sorry that happened to you, and I'm sorry you went through what you did. Had I my way, you'd have been home guarding the borders or something like that and actually protecting the country. Sadly, I don't have a say.

edit on 16-3-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I've had that thought before.

I really believe that enough of my fellow countrymen do not deserve their rights to make me feel that I wasted my time serving in the armed forces. I respect each and every honorably serving member of the armed forces, and their families. Even the douchebags. I'm tired of those who have a negative attitude towards those who serve, but feel the need to whine about their rights. I am often thanked for my service, but that is not what I'm after.

I formed this opinion before finding ATS, so no one here helped formed my jaded opinion. My reason is that I grew tired of my ex-wifes draft dodging family constantly bashing military members, while over-benefiting from the rewards of capitalism. I divorced a very wealthy woman because it bothered me so much.

None of that matters, as my current wife is better than I expected a wife could be. And she comes with a route to foreign citizenship, should I decide to bail and spend my military retirement growing another countries GDP.

I think everyone should have to provide some service to our country, if they wish to enjoy the freedoms we have here. I agree not everyone can hack the military, but there are so many ways to serve our society.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join