It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Co-creative power. Is subjectivity valid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But if I say something is beautiful and you disagree, which one of us is right? Are we both right? What if we both say something is beautiful? Does that make it more beautiful, or does it not have an effect on the object at all?

What do you think is the extent of the subjective mind's influence on reality?

Personally, I think how we choose to see the world is reflected in us. So if I say that the world is beautiful, then what that really does is glorify myself so that I shine as much as I see others shining.

Likewise, if I hate some external things, then that hate becomes self-hate, and I will be plagued by seeing things in myself that I hate.

The subjective mind is all the universe has to define it and give it meaning. So look how awesome this place is.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's all about attitude

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
It's all about attitude

It'll take you as far as you want it to.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Nicely said.

if I say something is beautiful and you disagree, which one of us is right? Are we both right?

Yes, both are right.

What if we both say something is beautiful? Does that make it more beautiful, or does it not have an effect on the object at all?

It does not make any thing more beautiful when there is agreement.
Behind the veil of ego, there only is the true nature of the current state of a thing.

I love where you picked up after the little rhetorical Q&A.
I agree with you that our judgement of an outter thing is cultivated inside our selves.

You're awesome

Peace.

edit on 3/15/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by smithjustinb

Nicely said.

if I say something is beautiful and you disagree, which one of us is right? Are we both right?

Yes, both are right.

What if we both say something is beautiful? Does that make it more beautiful, or does it not have an effect on the object at all?

It does not make any thing more beautiful when there is agreement.
Behind the veil of ego, there only is the true nature of the current state of a thing.

I love where you picked up after the little rhetorical Q&A.
I agree with you that our judgement of an outter thing is cultivated inside our selves.

You're awesome

Peace.

The interesting thing is everything is beautiful, it's a fact, sew where's the subjectivity in that?

Learning how to see without objectivity or subjectivity, that's the true Relativity of Zeroness, with ZERO judgment of others.

You are beautiful!

Everyone is beautiful!

Ribbit

top topics

join