It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban halts talks with US, Karzai urges NATO to leave villages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Taliban halts talks with US, Karzai urges NATO to leave villages

rt.com

The Afghan Taliban says it has suspended talks with the United States. This comes from the group’s spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid. Earlier, Afghanistan President Karzai had said NATO forces should leave rural areas and pull back to the main bases.
Zabiullah Mujahid said they suspended talks with the United States because of "shaky, erratic and vague" US position.
Initially Taliban and US negotiators were meant to have preliminary talks aimed at establishing an office for the Taliban in of Qatar to start peace negotiations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
And the table game turns again...

I must be honest and say this right away, I'm quite surprised to see how fast the Taliban are gaining power in Afghanistan once again.

Since this has been going on for years and years, it would be fairly safe to assume that the Taliban would be kept away from any sort of power for a very long time.

I do understand the need for talks with them, because if they are "happy", then the region could be more friendly.

But it's also giving them power, if they are allowed to sit in a negotiations table.

Now they slam the door in US face, and even the PM is pushing NATO back.

Could this be the start of a modern "Iron Curtain"? (assuming that these countries shift influences, from pro-west to pro-asia/eastern-europe)

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15/3/12 by Tifozi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

My dear, Never lost the power actually after the puppet elections and puppet government that US help elect in Afghanistan and the mock call Constitution, Taliban and radical Islam is now more stronger that before Afghanistan got attacked and invaded, before US intervention the Afghanistan Government allowed Christian churches in their nation after US invasion and taliban strong hold Christianity was eradicated and every single Christian church has been burn to the ground, So much for the spread of democracy and freedom.

Is nothing but Joke.

Still 90% of Afghanistan Aid comes from foreign donors biggest the US tax payer without our aid they will have to eat poppy flowers because they will die of hunger, but what our Whore government does? they are kissing Taliban arses as we speak.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the existing thread on the topic.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join