It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum to Puerto Rico: Make English your 'principal language'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I can't make this stuff up, unbelievable. I shouldn't be surprised by this but I am. His words says volumes on how clueless he is. If this guy is on the ballot in November I will renounce my US citizenship.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I don't even know where to start.. This is so pathetic and the people voting for him are even more pathetic. This mirrors the society though, because people like him wouldn't get that far without the help of their followers. There must be a way to stop imbeciles from breeding.

You just can not watch him smile on the TV and not think... HOW??!!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
He is batting 1000 lately.

Just ask the plants how dangerous CO2 is...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

not enough hands for all the face palms..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Rick Santorum plays with dead babies.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't want to live in the United States anymore. I really don't.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
He is batting 1000 lately.

Just ask the plants how dangerous CO2 is...

Rick Santorum can talk to plants.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Aye yi yi....where to start with this.....My mother is Puerto Rican. Her parents came from Spain. When you go to PR, it is like another country entirely. The Spanish influence runs very deep there. The fact that it is a US Territory is only because a piece of paper says so. Yes they can vote in US national elections and they use US money, but that's where the similarity ends.

The children there learn English as a second language, but don't ever expect them to make it their first language, because it's just not going to happen. The vast majority do not want to become a US state, and there is a sizable majority that wants independence, but most of them are content to have US protection but they keep their identity separate. Since the first Spanish settlement in 1508, it's been Spanish (much to the chagrin of the Taino Indians that were already there).

For Santorum to suggest that these people reverse 500 years of Spanish culture in order to assimilate into the quagmire that is the United States is just lame. Heck, we can't even get a bunch of people in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas to speak English.

I'm pretty sure that "Santorum" is Latin for "brain dead".

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire

Rick Santorum can talk to plants.

....and dead babies.

I think it is safe to say he's not playing with a full deck.

Who supports this guy? I've never seen a Santorum sticker on anyone's car.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This guy is something else. He is the democrats wet dream to go up against Obama.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why is anyone seriously considering electing such an ignorant individual? Puerto Rico has two official languages, Spanish and English.

The majority of people on the island can speak both languages fluently. While people on the island might not be able to vote, I can assure you that Puerto Ricans on the mainland can and often do vote.

In fact a huge chunk of the Hispanic vote IS Puerto Rican. Good move alienating a pretty hefty piece of people you might have needed to win. Good Game.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yeah lets continue to vote for this guy! Sadly people will continue to do so.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

How is it possible that this man is so popular? Have you seen his speeches? Kill yourself, its more fun. And he constantly runs his mouth off saying the dumbest things but he's getting the votes. In fact, hes creeping up in Romney making the Romney camp very worried. Meanwhile, Ron Paul isn't even mentioned anymore. So either this country is full of complete morons, the system is rigged, or a combination of both.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Are you guys serious?

Do you even know what STATEHOOD means, and implies?

Do you realize English, today, is the most WIDELY spoken language in the entire WORLD?

Do you realize that English is the required international language for communications, science, information technology, business, seafaring, aviation, entertainment, radio and diplomacy?

Are you guys still in high school? I just don't understand.

Originally posted by RomeByFire
I don't want to live in the United States anymore. I really don't.

You're right, I don't either.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Who supports this guy? I've never seen a Santorum sticker on anyone's car.

AIPAC. And their team of vote-riggers.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Seriously, since this election cycle started, I have seen 3 Santorum signs. One on a corner and two in an empty lot. None in anyones yard. Who the eff is voting for this tool?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Have you ever been to Puerto Rico? I have and love it there. They do not want to be US state, and I believe the majority of the PR residents would prefer to be their own sovereign country.

The real issue is how Rick is alienating would be voters when the GOP knows the Latino vote is crucial in winning the presidency.

I have lived in Florida most of my life, my Spanish is weak but I feel that Florida should add Spanish as an 'official' language given it's heritage and the large number of Spanish speakers in the state. In south Florida you will have a tough time getting around if you don't know any Spanish.

There is no official language of the United States nor should there be one.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
couldn't him just wear a hawian shirt and straw hat
and talk slower and LOUDER?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Hey, more power to them. I think it would be nice if the United States could do the same. You know, keep our language English, instead of say, I dunno.. Spanish?

I'll admit I may be a bit biased since I live in Southern California, though.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

You are also an ignorant Christian so add that to the bias as well...

PS.

Before you reply(because I don't like to talk to ignorant people), how much Xenophobia is there amongst Christians such as yourself? Also, how many of you suffer of a delusional superiority complex? Ow but those are ad hominems right? Unlike your weasel like attempt to smear Spanish speaking people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join