posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:34 PM
You'd be surprised what people can come up with, no matter how intellectually challenged you find them. I used to know a Down's kid who was convinced
his hand had its own personality and used it to talk back to adults. He always refused to take responsibility for calling people 'stupid heads' and
blamed his hand. He even made a superman cape for his hand for halloween. He was very clever, actually.
My point is (and I almost lost the plot there) that there are some things you need to take into consideration here.
1) The man has substance abuse issues.
2) He doesn't strike you as being of normal intelligence- which is likely due to his and/or his mother's substance abuse issues while he was in
3) He was institutionalized. That in itself can affect someone in numerous ways that most of us- who haven't experienced such a thing- will never
4) He may just be mentally ill, which would account for any number of things he says and does that aren't typical.
5) Liars exist in this world and some even truly believe their own stories. I've known liars who are so convincing that you could watch them do
something and then doubt you did once they were through with their tale.
ETA: Oh, and 9/11 definitely happened the year when most of the world thinks it happened. I watched it on TV at work. If you believe one random guy
who is earnest, you may as well believe me.
edit on 14-3-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)