It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have these dreams....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Over the past few months, it seems these two dreams alternate nightly, sometimes more of one in a given week, they are as follows;

First archetype is violence, I'm generally a no sympathy killing machine, depending on the dream it could be sword combat or modern but it's always bloody and I always fight.

Second archetype is love, I always have a girl who her and I are perfect soulmates, sometimes we have a family and a house, sometimes were just together. The woman always varies.

And sometimes they cross over and I fight for her/ to save her ....
But these dreams are all I have and I'm wondering if anyone can answer me why these are reoccurring so rampantly through my dreams.

edit on 14-3-2012 by vancouverite because: Error

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
it seems as if ur unbalanced and you mind is trying to right itself, or u have tapped into two alternate dimensions one of witch ur a fighter and the other of witch ur bonning ur soul mate and then u got some cross dimensional stuff going on, or maybe ur mind is trying to portray possible events that may occur in the future based on ur current path....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
sounds like your not being truthful, fight to get your ex back

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
hidden or unhidden feelings and desires projected into a land of unconscious/conscious imagination.

to survive you need chicks and defense,,,, seems to be something your psyched about or an experience you enjoy experiencing..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Nobody here can answer that question for you. Your own dreams are your own dreams, you may see the truth and are simply trying to avoid it by seeking 3rd party advice. The fact of the matter is only you yourself will know why you're having these dreams. Figure it out.
edit on 14/3/12 by Indecent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I don't think its unusual to dream about violence and love, those are two of the fundamental facts of life, aren't they?

It sounds like what is unusual is the OP's dream's purity of focus on these two themes.

Can you tell us anything in your life that might be bringing these ideas uo in your mind these day?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Someone already mentioned something similar but in reality only you can answer those questions.
The mind is so amazing that it will gather information of what goes on in your life and it will interpret them by means of dreams and many times it will provide a solution.

The trick here is to determine what is causing those dreams (ie: life struggles, a divorce, family problems) and what the dreams are telling you to do! In other words, it seems currently that you are going through some changes perhaps struggles that it's telling you to fight for what's right! Then again, I could be wayyyyy offff!

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thanks guys, i just moved from a small town to Vancouver, I don't know anyone here, and can't find a job, so I'm thinkin military route, though a new ATS'r has made me wonder if I should. I find I'm very alone, maybe I sub that feeling in my dream for what I truly desire... Love and acceptance. Maybe the fighting is showing me a soldiers life, and the hardships that follow, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vancouverite

out of curiousity...
do you have any control in these dreams? can you control your actions...direction of travel..choice of weapon or enemy ect...can you conciously interact with your environments, or are you just watching?
which perspective are you viewing the events from? are you the warrior or are you watching him?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It's a tug of war between your left and right hemispheres, between the male and female aspects of yourself.

I'm also a vancouverite btw. When will it stop raining?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sounds like you have the soul of a fighter and a lover.

Everytime I "quit" drinking I go through periods of terrifying nightmares in which I am always fighting off unknown entities with malicious intent.

Then, dreams about love in which I am re-kindled with my recently deceased fiancee.

Sometimes I am afraid to sleep, other times I welcome it. Dreams are as real as waking life - and as significant. Even after the nightmares I am reminded by my soul to love what I fear.... And let the magicke unfold.
edit on 14-3-2012 by AlexanderTurboLover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by owtFsink

Its more or less the person is me who is fighting and finding love, but it's like I'm a spectator watching myself, though rarely it's first person.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You are that which transcends the apparent duality of the tension held in the middle of these two apparent opposites. You should read a good translation of the first chapter on "Self Mastery" in the Baghavad Gita, where the main character, Arjuna, stands on the verge of a battle against his own cousins, and asks, begs Krishna, for the answer to life and everything, so as to correctly discern what is the best path of action, big time insights there imho, with respect to this tension. To fight, and protect, is also an aspect of love. It's about honor and doing what's right in the face of adversity. Place this tension in service to a perfected will, and you'll be a master!

edit on 14-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vancouverite

Its more or less the person is me who is fighting and finding love, but it's like I'm a spectator watching myself, though rarely it's first person.

This is NOT professional advise, merely information based on my own personal experiences...

When you find yourself in that state, and from a 3rd person perspective,
1: try to look around, see if you are able to look away from the focus of the events and see what your surroundings are, try to learn more about where, when you are and use that information as it is ALL relavent, if you are able to do this then
2:try to jump into yourself...get in there and take control, stop watching.

are these repetative dreams : the same beginning/ending, or are they more vivid and dynamic, do you face new opposition each time?, is it the same girl each time? same surroundings?
edit on 14-3-2012 by owtFsink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ever changing, new dynamics everynight, never the same girl or dream, to the other guy above, at this point in time, I'm not as intuned with my subconscious in terms of lucidity, it's a WIP. I will do as the above-above guy mentioned and read up on self mastery.

top topics

join