It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange skies tonight.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I live on the east coast of canada in the maritimes. I happened to look out the window a few minutes ago, and it looks very strange. If I didn't know it was 2AM, I would swear I was looking at sunset time. Everything has an orange cast to it, and I can see all the way to the end of my large property clearly, as if it was daylight out.

The sky is cloudy, but it looks like orange and black marble is the best way to describe it. It is like there is some bright orange lights at random places in the sky, lighting through the clouds. I wish I had a camera that could take night pictures *sigh* Tried using slow shutter settings to capture it, no good. The only thing I can take pictures of with my old camera is the moon.

It really does look very strange, but at the same time very cool.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Does it look like northern lights?

You can change the shutter speed on your camera to compensate for light. Or change the exposure time to 2 to 8 seconds, gonna need a tri pod though.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Here's what's interesting: I replied to a post a while back about the exact same thing happening on the east coast at around 1-2am. I even went online to traffic cams and captured the orange/ red glow.

Check it out, is this like what you are experiencing?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

Yeah very similar. The closest "city" to me is moncton, and it is tiny, at least in terms of cities in NY lol. The lights seems to be coming from multiple directions. I tried slow shutter speed, gonna see if exposure will help me capture it. But the snow outside looks orange like it does when the sun is going down for sure

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Are you seeing something like this?

I was in Ontario when that happened and I seen it myself, very strange.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

Instead of yellow, the lit parts is orange, and instead of gray it is black. But yeah it is a lot like that. That was a night shot in the video?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I have never seen the northern lights here before, was hoping to the past few nights though. That would really blow, if the northern lights are out now, and it decided to be cloudy. That would be my night sky watching luck lately though

Missed the eclipse, and the last few meteor showers due to cloudiness

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Instead of yellow, the lit parts is orange, and instead of gray it is black. But yeah it is a lot like that. That was a night shot in the video?

I dont know if that video was recorded at night.

When I seen it happen it was night time, pitch black on the 401, just leaving Brockville.
It wasn't AS bright as that but its very noticeable and scary while driving.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Yikes, now that looks freaky. Did you guys piss off the gods? Ares looks mad.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

My first thought was oh crap, the aliens are here!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Considering you're location I thought you were crazy, then I went out on my deck and almost sh*t myself. The sky is an orange glow! Can't find my daughters camera, so I tried my galaxy pad on night vision, still nothing!

If its any consolation, I believe you because I see it. It's 3am here now.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It looks amazing lol. I couldn't help but toss my thermal gear on and go out and stare. Nature never ceases to amaze me, unless it really is some aliens up there messing with us lmao.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Dark here, I don't see nothing. I just went outside to look.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Are you guys all on the eastern sea board?

Thats where most of these observations seem to be coming from.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Lol...I ran out in socks and a housecoat...need to change socks now, they are wet

To the honeycomb....NB here.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Jerisa because: answer

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I'm Eastern. I don't see anything. I'll check in a few.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I am, it's a 15 minute rollerblade trip for me to the nearest ocean beach

It's not as bright as it was an hour ago, or maybe the wow factor just wore off a bit. Still can see a few glows though.
edit on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:08:15 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I only see a faint pinkish/reddish color, but I mean that could be from the street lamps. It's not like it's in the sky or anything. Color is like real low and too faint to even tell. Sorry, can't be of help. Nothing spectacular happening here.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There is a bar next door here, I noticed at closing time some people were also looking at the sky with puzzled faces before they got in the car. So I do know I am not crazy, well at least not seeing things in this case

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Trying to make sense of this... I am thinking there is some sort of solar activity but the orange red thing is throwing me off. Never really heard of that.

Other then the thing that happened in Australia, but didn't that involve sand? Still scratching my head, looking for clues.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join