It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone interested in chi/ki/qi or had any experiences with it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the place to ask.

About 10 years or so ago I developed an interest in chi kung, a friend and I learned a few basic exercises and practised them regularly, i can't remember the names of the excercises except that one was called lifting the sky, they were simple and quite relaxing, and I enjoyed doing them.

I have posted on this site about some odd dreams I've had and related a story regarding strange sensations and crunching/rattling sounds in my dreams, these experiences were kind of like sleep paralysis, I was aware of my surroundings but had no control over myself, some of the feelings I got were euphoric, I won't go into it too much as I've written about it before in another thread, I will point out that there were no feelings of negative entities, I never saw anything horrible or felt pressure on my chest or anything remotely like that, it was scary though to begin with but I became accustomed to it and at times let go and actually enjoyed it.

Anyway, one thing I didn't mention in the thread about my dreams was that these dreams co-incided with the practise of these exercises. I kind of did make the connection myself and the dreams became less and less frequent as I lost interest in chi kung.

I mentioned it to my friend who said his dabbling with chi kung also resulted in some odd dreams and other experiences, I've actually been considering taking it up again as I miss it and on reflection think i was actually benefiting from it.

Anyone else had experiences? I've read some really outlandish material on the subject over the years but I believe this energy exists and can be used to achieve great things. One really good book that I've read a few times is Chinese Boxing, imasters and methods by Robert W. Smith, it's an excellent book and I recommend it to anyone interested in this subject.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply

I have posted on this site about some odd dreams I've had and related a story regarding strange sensations and crunching/rattling sounds in my dreams, these experiences were kind of like sleep paralysis, I was aware of my surroundings but had no control over myself, some of the feelings I got were euphoric, I won't go into it too much as I've written about it before in another thread,

i swear i saw this exact same thing posted no less than 2 weeks ago, like word for word either that or im having deja vu, or maybe it was from your other thread you spoke of.

I actually have a few books on chi kung, qi gong, however you like to spell it, its quite interesting they've been siting on my desk for a year now at the bottom of a pile of books i'm slowly getting through, i may actually skip a few books and get back into them. They are very relaxing and your body does feel better from it more calm and at peace, thanks for reminding me

edit on 13-3-2012 by kaoticf8 because: bad at the english word things

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I posted about those dreams a month or two ago, but I didn't mention the chi kung in those posts. Like I said, I always had a feeling it was connected. It was my conversation with my friend that more or less confirmed that it was related.

I'm going to start again and see what happens, it did make me feel good, I was less prone to anger for a start. Over the years I've became more impatient and short tempered. I was pretty much just a healthier and more positive person I suppose.

If the dreams come back I'll probably post on here about it, I don't know if the dreams are a good or bad thing, like I said they were intense and quite scary at first but I got kinda used to it and started to sometimes go to sleep hoping it'd happen.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I never ever remember my dreams, maybe couple of times a year when i eat close to bedtime
, but i only ever have nightmares, so as long as i stop eating 3 or so hours before i sleep im ok

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Here's the thread about the dreams, it was a strange period in my life where this was quite frequent, and there were always tell-tale sings that it was going to happen, the crunching sound...often it'd appear to originate elsewhere in the room, like in a corner or something but would gradually beome inside my head if that makes sense.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It did stop happeneing as I became too busy with day to day life and lost interest the dreams stopped, or more to the point they seemed to get weaker, the feelings less intense, often quite subtle.

top topics

join