It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is FB is Sexualizing Young Girls

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos
Facebook own all content once uploaded and sell it quite frequently, it would be highly concerning to me that a child is posing near naked, facebook have no qualms about who they sell data to as dollars are dollars after all

You may find the images appear now on kiddydate or some sick # like that. How do you think dating sites can launch with 1 million "members" ? Cos they create fake profiles using pictures they buy from people like facebook.

Facebook needs to be destroyed, it has completey screwed up peoples interactions with one another and all for what, so the CIA can better predict how we will behave and Zuckerberg can get rich?

It is a social engineering tool designed to trick you into supplying valuable information which they can legally sell to third parties.

Agreed. And it is not actually just facebook which makes dollars out of your data but there are many more 3rd party stuff which abuses it at its worst. Facebook has many guidelines which the ad buyers have to follow while creating ads (even you can try it for free, just look for Advertise link and see the options for uploading ad pic, ad text, to whom you want to target the ad, etc.). So it's not that fb sells out your images straight away to buyers. But you should be concerned more about spammers and hackers who make it worse. Spammers harvest your data and sell it away to different insurance companies, banks, etc for 0.5-10$ per person. Ever saw a free insurance quote, free iPad offer, free ringtones, free farmville coins, other in-game currency or any other too good to be true things where they ask you to fill out forms? Spammers make a bank on these campaigns. People fall for these stuff very easily (fyi I was involved with this stuff until I realized that what I was doing was very wrong). When you signup for these free ringtones, you get signed up for 5-30$ a month service which is very hard to terminate. I have known people who have made and probably make upto six figures in 24 hours running these campaigns. So you can see how big these things are going behing the curtain.

Another thing that should be noted that your profile data and pics are very much vulnerable to external access for free by 3rd party. Data can be scraped in mass amounts using freely available Open Graph API from Facebook. Here is a recent news article reporting a site showing how a 3rd party site pulled data of 1 million users from facebook using this Open Graph API.

Link- www.computerworld.com...

And even private accounts are not safe as they can be breached using malware installed on your system. Thousands of pics of girls posing "sexy" (including many nudes) are floating on the web which were pulled off from facebook account.

I can just go on talking about how vulnerable you are, will probably make a thread soon covering much more.
edit on 14-3-2012 by morpheusxxz because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by morpheusxxz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
While sexualizing young girls you also make young men distracted and stupid.
A 2 for 1 for TPTB.

I feel like some of the most important things to educate your children with is to not back down from their good values and be the most incorruptible possible.

Young girls should know that they won't get boys that really love em by acting like a slut.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Are their photos and profiles set to private? I guess not if kids from other schools are liking their photos. As an equally protective, and sometimes paranoid parent, I wonder how many of those "likes" are from perverted older males... This kind of thing makes my blood boil as well, and I don't know what ill do when my kids are old enough to want to use Facebook. I don't use it and I honestly don't know if ill let them use it. If I do, I will first scare the crap out of them with true stories of internet stalkers and predators... Not to intentionally scare them, but to inform them, and the truth more often then not, when realized fully, actually IS scary. If it doesn't scare you then you aren't paying attention... Something that will not be tolerated in my household.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by morpheusxxz

Id look forward to reading it and contributing, You are bang on, lets also not forget the amount of information that is useful to a hacker, b days, pets name, favourite things etc. Best may holidays etc etc, Facebook has taken the challenge out of hacking.....

Its a gold mine for criminal activity and facebook dont care enough to make changes unless they are forced to implement changes. Its a truly vile creation.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
While sexualizing young girls you also make young men distracted and stupid.
A 2 for 1 for TPTB.

I feel like some of the most important things to educate your children with is to not back down from their good values and be the most incorruptible possible.

Young girls should know that they won't get boys that really love em by acting like a slut.

In reality young girls will NOT know that. after all it is only experience that teaches them that

and for how ever many times you tell them, to them, You know 'nothing' They can't imagine

that you have ever been young and know what you are talking about. At that age [13 to 18]

anyone over 30 years is OLD,

My daughter is [touch wood] managing her 15 year old very well. She's told her "Dont put

anything on the net that you would not want me to see" because it will come back at some

stage and bite you on the behind" She also has her password and sometimes looks through to

see whats going on in her daughters life pre empting the likelyhood of bullying, bad language,

and peer pressure. Knowing what's going on has helped to steer her away from seemingly bad

influences, and because of, [or inspite of] this they have a very open relationship.

Face book is not the only thing that can be a problem...............What about the mobile

phone?? One 15year old girl in my grand daughters year was persuaded by her 15year

old boy friend to post 'intimate' photo's of herself to him........Well i'll leave the rest to your

imaginations.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I see the new timeline style pages don’t actually display who you are friends without being a friend, this seems to be a much safer option so kudos facebook for finally fixing that however in return you have to fill in your life story lol

I will give an example of how I gained access to a friends’ account just for some food for thought to those not in the know which involved no hacking whatsoever

Sometime last year a friend said, "I bet you can't hack my facebook" I laughed and said you are the dumbest bloke I know course I can! lol

Well he deleted me from his page for the duration instantly making it a lot harder as I said he should, however…..
Step one, get back into his friends list so I can see all his pertinent info again.
To do this I crafted a fake profile using a good looking girls picture from the school he went to. He is in his 30s btw
Another trick would be to pick one of his friends then create a profile for a friend of that friend, will work best if it is their best friend, you may find a profile photo showing target and best mate together on the old style pages which a lot have stuck with.

You may be able to appeal to the targets jealousy in that case as being friends with both enables them to see their public conversations in the news feed by default settings I believe so they may think this is going to be handy.

Of course you could just be a random as facebook is a popularity contest to most and they just add anyone anyway.

Here we see Mark Zuckerbergs’ page which is new timeline style, ahh goody I know where he went to school and some of his other interests including the name of his dog, Beast

Here is the old style pages, note you can see ALL their friends

Send friend request and hope it gets accepted, he fell for the hot female with the intro line Hi.... remember me from school? How you keeping?

So now I was back in and able to read his old comments and view his pictures and information.

So now I tried to log in as him and choose reset password, I did this during the night to give myself more time
It will say "password has been sent to...."

Now I know which email I need to gain access to.

Repeat reset option on email account, hotmail his case it was postcode/DOB then security question, the example below is slightly different

DOB can be guessed by looking back to when everyone is saying happy bday if they have chosen not too display it and taking a guess at age if you cant work it out from which school year they have chosen etc.

Postcode, go old skool and start looking in phone book in that area if you have to, using the assumption that they have stayed close to friends and or school/workplace.

Or go new technologies and you may find location info if being displayed via twitter etc. Just like Zuckerberg.

So then the security question, in his case it was "first car" Thankfully he had a nice picture of it on facebook or I would have taken a while guessing.

Voila im now in the email account and able to take control of facebook , online banking and anything else.

No skill whatsoever, just exploiting peoples curiosity and complacency, but facebook is certainly the weakest link given the sheer amount of information which is "public"

PS even though Zuckerberg has set his page to private the following search query allows me to information from his profile anyway, I will be asked to log in though if iI click the link. Looks like Mark has mostly "work friends" his timeline must be like watching paint dry!

site:www.facebook.com... I have not entered an actual search query, just his profile URL saying show me everything you've got from there.

This will show you all sorts including snippets of conversations lol whatever has been indexed by google at some point basically.

of course you could click images.... and that will give you some images from his page and I think, people who have commented or are friends pics.

Whoops, HUGE PRIVACY FAIL!!!

edit on 14-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If you are interested here is a hacklog I found from 2010
www.spokane2600.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I never had a dresscode in school and I've been to many

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

So prude

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Getting back on topic though I think it is sexualising a lot of girls and a lot of boys too lol some of the pictures my female friends have posted at halloween, enough to give gramps a heart attack.

Back in the day wed have just had to have been there at the time, now its online forever.

A lot of the people behind the forces which are pro sharing like facebook etc are very particular to "craft" the kind of online image they want, eg no rants nothing embarrasing and so on. Its their image, their brand essentially.

The masses however havent quite got this so its still a bit of a free for all with each trying to outdo the other at times, this driven by the very nature of facebook. That is kind of what fuels the addiction in many cases. People need to appear to be interesting after all.

It also can get very emotive at times which again isn't good for an online "image" We have seen 2 threads raising "freedom of speech/hate speech" dialog today. In those cases people are going to go to jail for being stupid online.

It isnt really appropriate in my opinion for children to be exposed to something as sophisticated and as dangerous as a platform like facebook with the above in mind. However I dont see this changing anytime soon. It will take a huge scandal to get people off facebook as they are too deeply entrenched where it has become an institution.

People need to stop thinking "hey this is like my real life but better" and go outside and play. In the meantime everyone, especially parents should be aware of the dangers. I guess you can liken your page to a website about your self including personal info. On such a platform would you really post exactly what you think/wear/do/etc or would you have second thoughts?

PS I know this thread is about facebook, but it is also important to properly close out old accounts elsewhere, some fab info could be gained from say a dormant bebo account which would be useful in my basic threat guide above, important not to leave any embarrasing traces anywhere if you have posted pics/comments/information you might regret! and its easy to find links between accounts once you get started most of the time.

In the end we didnt need microchipped, we just got smart phones and social networking and they just integrated those with the other resources they have behind the scenes. Plus some employers/colleges etc ask for facebook now....dangerous game.

Perhaps there is some agenda at play, a very deliberate attempt to "liberalise" us has been going on for 100s of years. I mean im all for women being able to show some ankle etc unlike the old days
but I dont know how far TPTB would try and take it though if this is a scheme and why....if they control facebook though perhaps this is a social engineering attempts to sexualise and corrupt kids younger. I guess they tend to abandon religous view the earlier they start commiting "sins" so I suppose that could all be part of it if its a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You have it backwards. Young Girls are sexualizing themselves on FB. Its a sign of the times.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Teenage girls want attention from boys????

You're kidding right?

Of COURSE they do, always have, and always will...just that now there are different tools to do so.
This isn't Facebook's fault.

If your daughter puts up an unacceptable pic, be the parent and step in. Force her to take it down, or start taking away the iPhone and laptop, etc. she uses to access it. Finally, threaten to delete the account, terminate phone service, whatever.

Of course, the problem is that there are other means of accessing it outside the home. But, that's where the values, etc. you've instilled come in. All we can ever do is impart our wisdom from learning things the hard way, and hope that some of it sticks. In the end, kids need to make their own mistakes to learn though.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I agree with Gazrok. The girls make themselves take these pictures.. Most of them don't understand exactly what they are doing but if you are opposed.. Step in and tell them how it is.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Teenage girls want attention from boys????

You're kidding right?

Of COURSE they do, always have, and always will...just that now there are different tools to do so.
This isn't Facebook's fault.

HAHAHA…I know! It just sucks when it’s your daughter!

I know it’s not FB’s fault and I mentioned that in a previous post on page 2.

If your daughter puts up an unacceptable pic, be the parent and step in. Force her to take it down, or start taking away the iPhone and laptop, etc. she uses to access it. Finally, threaten to delete the account, terminate phone service, whatever.

Of course, the problem is that there are other means of accessing it outside the home. But, that's where the values, etc. you've instilled come in. All we can ever do is impart our wisdom from learning things the hard way, and hope that some of it sticks. In the end, kids need to make their own mistakes to learn though.

Good advice!

I’m not at that point yet but rather getting myself mentally prepared so I don’t blow a gasket later!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

So prude

Are you going to use that as your new profile pic??

I know this is nothing new. As I stated, what is new is the ability of kids to post that kind of thing on social media sites for the world to see. There was no way of doing that back in the 80's when that pic was taken.

It's a little different now...things are more accessible and it’s much easier for sexual predators to ply their trade.

Just a concerned parent, dude! You’ll know where I’m coming from when you take this journey.

By the way, I was a little kid when that show was on....I'm not that damn old!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join