It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark feeding frenzy spotted near Australian beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thought to share this story with you.Something awesome and disconcerting about this sight caught on video off the coast of Perth. Unusual for sharks to swim his close, I've always heard and the scientists confirmed my initial beliefs, but here it is. It seems everything is just a little weird at this time. What do you think? ( have just tried unsuccessfully to embed video sorry about that) hope you enjoy otherwise.

i

Telegraph Reporter

A sea rescue helicopter spotted a school of sharks in a feeding frenzy unusually close to shore off the coast of Perth.

A scientist from the Australian Department of Fisheries told local media that the event was unusual only in that it happened so close to shore.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Those sharks must have really been hungry. I think I saw a few gulls get eaten when swooping down.

edit on 12-3-2012 by shell310 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by shell310

Yes, good notice, some of the local news stations picked up onn this and they did mention gulls.

edit on 13-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Holy smoakes, I never seen that many sharks before

Though I must admit, I don't follow sharks too closely.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

wow thats pretty amazing.... ! im no shark expert... but ive seen many documentaries and done some research into these marine mammals... some marine mammals (whales, dolphins, belugas etc) follow certain 'paths' every year to different feeding grounds at different times of year... so it may be that, but i doubt it....
considering the number of sharks that were seen and including the fact that not only one species was seen, but three... could show that they may have been having trouble finding food in their normal feeding areas... which would explain the reason as to why they were so close to the shore....

it does state that this was only seen as unusual as it was so close to the shore...

A scientist from the Australian Department of Fisheries told local media that the event was unusual only in that it happened so close to shore.

thats my penny's worth anyhoo... i may be totally wrong, but i think it could be the fact that the seas are being overfished and many carnivorous marine mammals are suffering from it.. so they are driven to go to areas that they would never normally go to feed to survive...... but, hopefully this is not the case...

fluffx

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I studied Locusts for a while. Locusts are controled by a perpetuating response to chemicals created by the Locusts. It seems that they go locust before the chemical hits them, all getting excited at the same time and ending abruptly even when the chemical is still present. What controls this behavior? Science doesn't really know but Science does understand it must be some sort of communication or frequency that initiates it.

So what's this got to do with these sharks? Maybe a lot, I wouldn't want to be in the water when this happens. I wouldn't want to be swimming in a lake full of any fish if they decide to exhibit piranha like behavior. Minnows can bite and they are small enough to get in small places, keep your trunks on when you swim guys

new topics

top topics

join