It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to "Cigar Shaped" UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well in the late 50's my mom and her brothers saw a cigar shaped craft up close, it was slow moving,
had a row of windows, classic cigar shaped U.F.O.

I have no reason to doubt them, it was seen in northern California. It is interesting to note that the E.T.
craft change from decade to decade, if they were truly Extraterrestrial they would not change at all,
only if they were man-made would they change.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There have been quite a few cigar-shaped UFO reports, even recently. Just google it up a bit.

There was a couple good ones in South America. One near Salta, and another night sighting, both cigar shaped UFOs were views by many people.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The very big ones are alive and well over southern fl. Two years ago, my wife and her friend watched on go over very slowly, very big and way above air traffic. Last year she pointed out two that were heading out to the gulf, similar to what I just described. I had plenty of time to search the home and boat for binoculars and still watched them for several minutes. Nope, nothing I have would have turned out well to take a photo of them.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
It is interesting to note that the E.T. craft change from decade to decade, if they were truly Extraterrestrial they would not change at all, only if they were man-made would they change.

First of all, why do you suppose that craft made by "extraterrestrials" wouldn't change over time? Everything WE make, from airplanes to automobiles to weapons, changes over time. Why wouldn't another civilization's "craft" also change over time as they make new scientific and engineering advances?

Secondly, some "models" don't change over time. The saucer or flying disk shape shows up way back into human history and hasn't changed much.

Thirdly, you assume that all such craft are three-dimensional, physical craft which are operating in our 3-dimensional, physical world in the same way that the craft humans make do. This is an unwarranted assumption as demonstrated by "craft" which change shape and size, split apart or join together, "fade" in and out, or abruptly appear and disappear (although the latter could be utilization of a cloaking device).

And finally, there's the human perception factor, also called pareidolia. We see what we expect to see, and our brains automatically try to make sense of things we see (and hear) by interpreting them as known, recognizable objects. Thus people familiar with boats and ships see flying ships complete with sails, people familiar with bombs and rockets see "cigar shapes,' and since being introduced to stealth and delta wing aircraft, we see triangle ufos. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Article is a couple months old but pretty relevant.

Cigar reports continue: Two Virginia sightings add to testimony

Two additional reports of an east coast cigar-shaped object were reported following five similar reports from the same region in January, according to January 25, 2012, testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

This latest report from Virginia recounts a January 12, 2012, sighting on a "calm and clear night" in a country setting when two objects were watched "gliding very slowly with no noise or trail" during a 7-minute observation.

"I moved to the yard for view as they crossed over house and lost sight," the witness stated. "Objects appeared to be 100+ feet apart and equidistant laterally - one on left was diagonally behind the leader. Objects were traveling in southeast direction."

No town name was mentioned in the public portion of the report, which was filed on January 25, 2012. No images or videos were included with the report. The above quotes were edited for clarity.

We previously reported on east coast sightings of cigar-shaped objects in this most recent summation story: Fifth cigar UFO case: Mississippi woman reports object 'right above trees'

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
They were probably the shape of the experimental vehicles during that time period.

Close, they originally used old submarines as hulls to withstand space but now have custom built triangles to put their 93% gravity reducing engines in.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Whatever happened to "Cigar Shaped" UFOs?

they went up in smoke op!!

edit on 13-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

They all got smoked, except for the ones the Cubans captured.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I did have a book which was pretty much dedicated to this subject - moved recently and got rid of them all which I regret now.

Was a British author who had several sightings and speculated that the cigar shaped craft were interstellar carriers (motherships if you prefer) that held disc type craft which were only suitable for flying shorter distances.

One of his conclusions was that as radar and response capabilities improved sightings would decrease - not necessarily activity but that in order to remain covert "launches" would occur in space.

Sorry I can't remember author or title, if I get the chance I'll try and find out and repost.

Another alternative is that if ET is out there then in all probability there are numerous separate races. The "time and effort" required to visit our neck of the woods may be significant in which case we should expect a definite period of sightings of particular types of craft (i.e. cigar shape).

Taking this further you could say that the more frequent sightings of similar types of craft occurring over the longest periods may indicate these are our nearest neighbours ! The research may make an interesting thesis for someone.

Anyway, we do actually find that there is some correlation between different types of craft and time periods, particularly where there are "waves", however there is also a lot of crossover and noise.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The "cigar" shaped ones are also very old, like hundreds of years, there's even descriptions & a woodcarving of from I think the 1600's or something, but what I'm wondering if they were really cigar-shaped. Has anyone ever thought to realize that if you're looking at a "disk" type craft that's in the air, maybe from the sideview if that helps you visualize, that the disk will look cigar-shaped, right??????????? Seems obvious to me

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
My guess is that the Air Force stopped experimenting with traditional, tube-shaped dirigibles and moved toward more triangular craft which have better lifting body aerodynamics and maneuvering flexibility..

This is an interesting multiple police officer 'Cigar UFO' report from the Northern Californian UFO flap of August, 1960 -it comes replete with (yet another) incredibly dubious USAF explanation and the police witnesses describe the object performing "aerial gymnastics" which were "actually unbelievable" - it also exhibited EM effects on their patrol car and shone a red beam of light down onto the ground.

"As we watched the object moved again and performed aerial feats that were actually unbelievable".

Thread

Another intriguing cigar shaped UFO case is the Coyne incident -I'm sure there are many other puzzling examples but do you think the objects involved in both cases could have been USAF tube-shaped dirigibles?

Just as a collision appeared imminent, the light suddenly stopped and hovered above and in front of the helicopter. They saw a cigar-shaped, gray metallic appearing, domed object whose apparent size filled the entire windshield.

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I did see two cigar shaped UFO's once, and that was around 2001, so I guess they are still here, lol.
But I have been wondering about the same thing, why the design of UFO's change in pictures.

Maybe a sign of fakery, or a sign that there is a lot of different species coming here

I go with the first.

But in all seriousness, you can't use pictures of UFOs, you'll need to go watch for yourself.
Its not that rare, to see something in the skies.
And I don't say everything you see, is space ships from the Andromeda galaxy

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Too me the cigars could be alien because they were seen in space, but look like they could be human.

But I haven't seen any UFO pictures that looked mysterious in the last ten years. The world is swarming around the subject like bees around honey, there is too many people talking even to mention past history, obvious hoaxes, and real research. The last decade has been a joke to UFOlogy. More evidence has come to an human conclusion just as well as an alien conclusion.

Supposedly the aliens behind the seens don't look 'as nice' as the Greys. It appears through research that the beings behind the Grey aliens and giving them orders are green insectiod looking aliens, very far from something you would see on earth.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

They are no longer required. their job has been complete.

however they will reappear when they are required to pick up what they dropped off.

No i do not know what their job was but it was at the depths of our seas. and they were stationed in Antarctic region.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The disc or saucer shaped reports started due to an incorrect report of a string of UFO's by pilot Kenneth Arnold. He reported that what he saw was a "series of objects with convex shapes" although he did say that one of them was crescent shaped. He described their movements as "saucers skipping on water" but did not say they were saucer shaped. He himself believed that he was witnessing test flights of a new US military craft.

News reporters were the ones who mis-quoted him and called the objects "saucer shaped" although that is not what he said. It was after these mis-quoted reports that people started seeing "flying saucers".

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-3-2012 by tallcool1 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
I'm sure there are many other puzzling examples but do you think the objects involved in both cases could have been USAF tube-shaped dirigibles?

Sure. Depending on what it's made of, a large inflatable structure filled with ionized gas could generate all kinds of high static voltages and odd EM effects, some of which might even be used for propulsion. There are theories out there that the Hindenberg blew up because of a massive static discharge.

The sky is filled with swirling pockets of magnetism and ionization. Ask the Tesla Guy. Charge up the hull until it has a nice glow to it, shift your polarity the right way by selectively discharging sections of it to an internal ground, and you could do all kinds of seemingly impossible maneuvers. Keep your seat belts tight, though.

The ships in both of these cases were human-proportioned and not ridiculously large (mountain sized). There were no obvious large, tentacled aliens seen. You could say, "nothing made by people could move that way." I can't speak for you, but I'm not privy to all the Top Secret stuff ever built and what it can or can't do. So there's no positive evidence to indicate that they weren't man-made. Maybe they weren't, but we're back to what's more likely? Unproven aliens or time travelers, or some kind of secret Air Force project?

It's okay. We don't have to decide on anything and stick to it. We can just file it away as a curiosity and say we don't know. No harm, no foul.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Cigar shapes are not as "popular" now days. Seems the aliens have the exact same lifespan as we do, as well as the same design and manufacturing periods. So, they change with the times....and people's imaginations...take your pick.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Afair this is the most real cigar shaped UFO footage and the only real one:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

It's a shame, that would have come out better if is was a less windy day, and whatever they had it tied to didn't make it jump around like some 12 year old using abode after effects for the same time, lol. I almost prefer the older fake videos, as they are usually good for a better laugh.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidwaters84
Of all the UFO's, the cigars have always drawn my attention, because if any UFO's are extraterrestrial in origin, it is the cigars; at least in my opinion. The reason I believe this is because most of the mile or longer UFO's are usually either triangles or cigars. Cigars have also been spotted before the 1900s. In fact, one the best of the early UFO's pictures is of a cigar like object hovering in the clouds.

There have also been several reports of people seeing disk like craft flying out of the cigar shaped craft so many people have come to believe the cigars are a type of mother-ship.

I think that there are still some sightings of cigar and cylinder shaped UFOs. I have had one sighting of a cylinder shaped UFO, hovering very high in the sky, no contrail and it seemed to be appearing and disappearing. Unfortunately I was driving at the time which made it difficult to be certain of this.

I have heard that cigars (and cylinders) are often seen with smaller craft (or spheres) are seen entering and exiting. I do believe that there are other shapes of motherships, such as very immense domed craft (like giant UFO in the Yukon).

I understand the sceptics who claim that all such craft are either "dirigibles" or mis-perceived conventional craft. We really are just going by witness testimony which doesn't amount to proof.

I do wonder if there has been an overall drop off in actual unexplained UFOs since most UFO reports in recent years seem pretty mundane and few stand out as being that unusual. (The "noise" to "signal" ratio seems to be increasing, indicating a possible drop off in the phenomena - at a time when the skies are being filled by more and more drones and experimental craft).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join