It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to "Cigar Shaped" UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I figured if there was anywhere on the web I could get some intresting answers to this question, it was here. I was watching Jeoparady and a question refrenced the pilot's sighting of a UFO back in the 50's. It was relivent as the first offical military pilot reported UFO,or something along that line.

Then, I remembered reading some time ago that back in the 50s, there were a score of "cigar shaped" UFO sightings. But fron what I understand, Roswell was a disk, and since the sixies, there seems to be only disk shaped UFOs. So, where did the cigar ones come from? Were they only the figment of imagination, or a seperate group? Perhapse they were man's first attempt at intersteller craft? I don't know.

What I do know is you can always count on ATS to bring forth a wealth of intresting information. So, thanks for listening, and I look forward to any responses. ^.^

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
They were probably the shape of the experimental vehicles during that time period.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

The U.S antigrav fleet owned by the elites NWO,Illuminati, Rothschilds etc. Probably scared them away :/ The last few years only 2 types seem common. Flying saucers and the glowing orb type. I believe most UFO's seen in our skies today are U.S black ops Anti Grav crafts....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
if they were experimental craft from military then i'd assume that they did their purpose and got turned into tin cans while the next generation the more standard ufo round thingy became more of what they wanted to happen since they could get 360 degree movement tather than perhaps having to turn and face something before hitting the super speed

and also if they are aliens they probably are still upgrading their gear and fashion matters as who wants to be seen around earth in a 60 year old model craft when you could be buzzing around in the current galactic fashions

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

since the sixies, there seems to be only disk shaped UFOs

I would disagree with this, research the belgian UFO wave. There were hundreds of reports of flying triangles.

Here is an interesting recent case involving a cigar shaped UFO.

UK pilot reports 1 mile long ufo

another link
edit on 12-3-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: added another link

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

their all good,can`t get enough.

CX

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Give it another couple of months and summer will be here.....then we'll have tons more cigar shaped UFO's being reported as people will be having fun with their solar balloons again.

Thought it had been a bit quiet over the winter.

CX.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I made a thread some time ago asking allmost the same question.
Unfortunately it didn't get very far.
Maybe it was a stupid question, or that i posted some pictures that had allready been debunked, i don't know.

The pictures were more to show the shape of the UFO's back then.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway...i think the cigar shape could be, from which angle you see a diskshaped craft.

If you see it directly from the side, it look's like a cigar, but that just an opinion, because several witnes acounts tells of elongated crafts.

Where did it go, i don't know.....And nobody else seem to know the answear.

Maybe it went up in smoke

edit on 12-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
About two months ago, while driving my son home from school, we both saw a cigar shaped something in the sky. It was not at very high altitude, and it was completely black in color. I kept it in my sight for as long as I could, but then I lost it. I did not have a camera, or a phone with a camera. I did not post it on here, because of the proof or it did'nt happen jazz. It was definitely unlike anything I have ever seen.

PLPL

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You didn't hear? The FDA ( after top officials were bribed by the tobacco lobby) produced scientific evidence ( from outsourced unscrupulous Indian & American companies) which states that "cigar shaped" UFO's encourage tobacco consumption among humans. Through various deep dark channels, the United States government, conveyed the latter to the extra-terrestrial civilization(s) responsible for this space craft configuration and requested that they cease using this "cigar shape" or allow Phillip Morris to adorn said vehicle with appropriate advertising afixed to the sides and front of said vehicles. As soon as the logo's are afixed, you will be seeing more and more of "cigar" shaped UFO's.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The cigar shaped UFOs aka "Andromeda Gerät" are motherships of the Nazi Bell shaped Saucers.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Adamski took nice pictures which show a "Andromeda Gerät releasing a "Haunebu" (Adamski-Type UFO).
The Venus story was successful disinformation to discredit the case. According to my findings after researching the Nazi UFO Phenomena for over 8 years they have retreated to an unknown hideout.
They will return when the excrements will hit the fan. The countdown is running. First the war in Iran has to start, than Russia will march into western Europe and that will be the moment we'll see them again.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This channel had a cigar turning:
www.youtube.com...
but do not see it there any more.

www.youtube.com...

This one says:

Robert70Bob discovered amazing UFOs on my cigar-shaped UFO footage filmed in St. Valery-En-Caux, France, Jan 2012! Thanks to him for his zoomed photos. 2 UFOs, with one triangle-shaped and the other has a very strange shape.

However it is clearly a triangle craft.
He got the videos mixed up, the anti Tesla cartel agents can't find good front men.
I gave out too much information on the cigar video so are these good and bad videos
an agent operation to convince us ETs are visiting instead of the truth about Tesla
science. I think so.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Cigar shaped UFOs are spotted all the time, just check MUFON.com. A couple months ago there was one spotted not to far from where I am.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I just queried MUFON for cigar shaped UFOs and they are still seen. Nov 2011 seems to have 23 of them sighted in the US.

Also, the theory that cigar shaped UFOs are simply misidentified disc shaped UFOs is not true. Some people have seen the cigar shaped UFOs from front and side so it is clear they are shaped like a cigar and not a disc.
edit on 12-3-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thank you all for your responses. It's been enlightening. I totally forgot about the triangle crafts that got a spot light in the 90s thanks to shows like the X-Files and the movie Fire in the Sky. Because of these appearances in media, I always assumed they were man made crafts. Our attempts to copy the disk tech with man's resources and understanding from backward engineering.

I figure if intersteller craft do visit us, they probably have diffrent elements and therefore matierals that we can't replicate on earth (at least not yet. Gives a whole new purpose to the supercolliders, though. Right?) That's a bit off topic though.

Anyways, thanks again for the responses and please continue to contribute if you'd like. If anything, I found out that the "cigar shaped" ufo didn't just disappear out of existance, it just doesn't have the screen time or "rockstar" status, if you will, of the saucers.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
My guess is that the Air Force stopped experimenting with traditional, tube-shaped dirigibles and moved toward more triangular craft which have better lifting body aerodynamics and maneuvering flexibility. That would immediately decrease the number of cigar-shaped craft being seen.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
personally, i think either they've upgraded their craft or theres multiple species of alien visiting us and the ones that have "cigar" shaped craft dont bother with us anymore
just my two cents worth lol

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

In the 70s there were at least two cigar shaped UFOs seen in Portugal, near Lisbon, one of them was seen right above where I live.

I didn't see it, but my grandmother did.

I guess they are just less popular.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

About twenty years ago, a friend and I were heading to Ottawa, driving at first perpendicular to the Ottawa river, when we both spotted a cigar-shaped clylinder flying in front of us at eye level about two hundred feet distance. It seemed noiseless, (we were in highway traffic though), and we could not see any markings whatsoever, nor visible mechanisms or windows of any kind. It was colored light army green or camo. The damned thing looked like what we took for a huge missile. It was heading in the same direction we were about to go, only it was close to our shore as it flew along the river. It was difficult to gage the speed, but it didn't seem to be flying at more than 100 km/hour (60mph). Surely, unless we were under attack, this could not be a missile?

I just checked the spot on Google Earth and I wish I knew how to screen capture from it, but I don't know how to yet. However we were at 161 feet elevation, and the river is at 145 above sea level, so it was flying low, about 15 to 18 feet above the water.

We each called the airport, army base, tv stations and basically we guessed we were written off as nut cases. However because the tv stations showed no interest we thought it odd, unless of course they were told ahead of time to simply report all calls. The airport said they had nothing on radar.

We both came to the conclusion that because of the apparent indifference of the army base, that it was some kind of military exercise to test some system. Honeywell had a plant nearby, so who knows?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Of all the UFO's, the cigars have always drawn my attention, because if any UFO's are extraterrestrial in origin, it is the cigars; at least in my opinion. The reason I believe this is because most of the mile or longer UFO's are usually either triangles or cigars. Cigars have also been spotted before the 1900s. In fact, one the best of the early UFO's pictures is of a cigar like object hovering in the clouds.

There have also been several reports of people seeing disk like craft flying out of the cigar shaped craft so many people have come to believe the cigars are a type of mother-ship.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join