It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Cashes $100 Check for $3.3 Million

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
www.bangstyle.com...

Idiot cops, wrongly arrested and kicked in the head an innocent man trying to cash a check causing permanent damage. Well their actions backfire to us, how many more tickets and how many more people are they going to harass to make up that 3 million dollars.

Instead of that Hispanic man sitting in prison, that cop should be taking his place for felony assault and battery, and his wages should be garnished until the 3 million is paid back to the tax payers.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Valladares was wrongly identified as a bank robber after trying to cash a $100 check at a Bank of America location in Florida. The teller, who alerted police officials by pressing a silent alarm, believed Valladares to be the Hispanic male who was robbing banks in a Miami Heat hat in 2008, when the incident occurred. Because Valladares was wearing a Miami Heat hat and seemed to fit the description of the bank robber, the teller, Meylin Garcia, alerted police. According to reports, Valladares made no attempt or moves that would have indicated his intentions to rob the bank. Instead, he simply gave the teller his driver’s license and the $100 check he had hoped to cash that day.

According to the press release via the Miami Herald, Valladares was put in handcuffs and kicked in the head by police which has caused the now 50-year-old Bank of America customer to experience regular headaches and blurred vision, as well as post-traumatic stress disorder, the Orlando Sentinal reported.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
And the man didn't do anything to the cop that would justify the kick? I bet there's more to i...

Nah, story probably didn't leave anything out.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
And the man didn't do anything to the cop that would justify the kick? I bet there's more to i...

It was still idiotic and uncivilized behaviour on the part of the cops. So why does it matter?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Those lawsuits often got crazy amount worth of money. Same of course with sentences.
Both need some bright new light shining, because it's out of proportions, big time!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Cops these days are trained to use what ever sets them off...a lot of OPP around here won`t like what I have too say....bunch of lord baden powel misfits

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Mexican+ Florida+ Cop+ suspect= Boot to head. No surprise, get used to it.Hes lucky he is still alive.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

really? you believe that?

You know the amount of police that would show up to arrest a bank robber? Do you really think 10+ cops couldn't arrest an older unarmed man without a struggle justifying police brutality?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

It was still idiotic and uncivilized behaviour on the part of the cops. So why does it matter?

It would have mattered to me if the guy was still trying to attack while being handcuffed.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

really? you believe that?

You know the amount of police that would show up to arrest a bank robber? Do you really think 10+ cops couldn't arrest an older unarmed man without a struggle justifying police brutality?

Believe what? I believe the story is basically true.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

IF this↓ is true, then no additional details are necessary, in order to conclude that the kick was a blatant act of excessive force.

Valladares was put in handcuffs and kicked in the head by police

Just a guess: You've been kicked in the head, quite a few times yourself, haven't ya?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Where are the statistics where cops did everything by the book?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What is scary to me is the bank robbery happened in 2008, maybe 4 years ago depending on the month/day.. and the teller automatically assumed it was him and that was 'evidence' enough to get him arrested??

edit: because he was wearing a Miami heat hat.. in Florida, and 'fit the discription. What is that, a Mexican male wearing a Heat hat?
edit on 12-3-2012 by ReadyPower because: added text

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

What is scary to me is the bank robbery happened in 2008, maybe 4 years ago depending on the month/day.. and the teller automatically assumed it was him and that was 'evidence' enough to get him arrested??

This article is recent, because of the court settlement. The incident was not recent, and took place around the same time as those other bank robberies.

Valladares was 45 at the time.......

Valladares’ hat was different from that of the robber. According to the press release via the Miami Herald, Valladares was put in handcuffs and kicked in the head by police which has caused the now 50-year-old Bank of America customer

and apparently, it wasn't even the same style of hat.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Reading what stories I could find.......

I don't see where any cops were disciplined, fired or arrested.

Okay, standard police brutality story. The guy is lucky they didn't kill him. I don't begrudge him one cent of those three million bucks.

ETA:

If I cost the company that I work for three million dollars because I screwed up, I'd be fired!

edit on 12-3-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Newser.com reported that despite the fact that Valladares is a Hispanic male who was wearing a Miami Heat hat, there was a lack of similarities between the robber and Valladares. The robber was reported to be around 60 years old and 145 pounds, while Valladares was 45 at the time and weighed more than 200 pounds. In addition, Valladares’ hat was different from that of the robber.

Well good for the guy anyway!

Not for getting his head kicked in but for being able to laugh his ass off, all the way to the bank.

Bank Of America that is.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by satron

IF this↓ is true, then no additional details are necessary, in order to conclude that the kick was a blatant act of excessive force.

Valladares was put in handcuffs and kicked in the head by police

Just a guess: You've been kicked in the head, quite a few times yourself, haven't ya?

Look, I'm just saying that the guy still could have attacked the officer while being handcuffed, but I turned around and said, NAH.

EDIT: It's not like it couldn't happen

20-stone man attacked North Wales Police officer while handcuffed

So don't get bent out of shape. Maybe you've been stomped on a couple times, who knows?

Read better next time.
edit on 12-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Read better next time.
It isn't my fault that you posted a moronic comment. You should just accept the fact that your weak attempt at humour, resulted in failure, and move on.....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Read better next time.
It isn't my fault that you posted a moronic comment. You should just accept the fact that your weak attempt at humour, resulted in failure, and move on.....

It wasn't moronic, it was pretty thoughtful actually. You seen humor in it, but I wasn't trying to be humorous. I was making a point that we might not have seen all there was to know from the article, but then I retracted my skeptic's eye quickly and said that I actually side with what it said even without further examination, because I'm willing to believe that it happened, more or less, like the article describes.

EDIT: Although I wouldn't make a habit of it, because I'm more level-headed than that.

You mad?

edit on 12-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

You seen humor in it.....
False.

"....[color=FFD28F]weak attempt at humour, resulted in [color=FFD28F]failure...."

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You seen humor in it.....
False.

"....[color=FFD28F]weak attempt at humour, resulted in [color=FFD28F]failure...."

"weak attempt at humor"

You affirmed that there was humor in it(even though that wasn't my intention) or else you wouldn't have said "weak attempt at humor". You're basically telling me that you don't like my brand of humor, even though it wasn't supposed to make you laugh.

Do you understand your confusion now?

I really don't know why you're so bent out of shape over my comment. I don't like police taking advantage of people, as much as you do, just because they can. You need to relax.
edit on 13-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join