It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Mummy With Giant Head Discovered In Peru

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Nothing of human. Nothing of known. An amazing discovery in Peru near Cuzco: A very strange abnormal-looking mummy with a giant head. The mummy simply does not fit with something known of human skeletons.
A giant head and very, very big eyes...
messagetoeagle.com...

The mummy's head is triangular and its eye cavities are very big.

"It's 20 inches tall, which doesn't coincide with the stereotypes of humans. It's head is triangular and the eye cavities are too big.

The lower front part of the jaw has a kind of fin that doesn't exist in any ethnicity in the world.

The opening at the top of the head also calls for attention, and it has wisdom teeth and molars that also don't coincide with any human being," explains anthropologist Renata Davila.

The mummy is currently at the Ritos Andinos Museum in Andahuaylillas, some 685 miles southeast of Lima and scientists plan to examine it in more detail.
Video in the link.

edit on 12-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Great find pal!

If it ain't and Alien we are serious a serious mutation there.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well we already know, everyone is going to call it a hoax or a fake.

Dang those eyes look big.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

May be just a hydrocephalus..

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by Arken

May be just a hydrocephalus..

And Macro Oculus, Triangular Cranium, all combined and mixed in one.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Holy Coneheads....good find.

So how many people are going to scream fake, CGI, prop, etc etc??

This could be it fellas, the real deal, non Earth evidence.......or not.

Peru...explains a lot about the "Hidden" technology/building skills, fair skinned Gods etc.

So the Skull is 20" or the whole skeleton? That one big noggin if its 20" long....an dem big azz eyes....whoooo.

+24 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Nothing of human. Nothing of known.

Not what the anthropologist says.

He says it's a child under 2 years old with an enormous head.

Don;t see how that stops it being human...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

sadly it will be like that,people would still call fake if it was alive and kicking

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Back in Lima, (A REAL) 'anthropologist' Pablo Bayabar attempted to put together the pieces of the malformed mummy.

"Children's head are proportionally bigger than their bodies. Here we have two points. First, the fontanelle is open, and it usually closes at 31 months. And it has molar that usually appears between 13 and 19 months approximately. So we are looking at a child under two years old with and enormous head," he said.
Sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation to me 'and actually has evidence to support it'... It gets better

He said it could have been a human sacrifice to placate gods during times when the Incans felt threatened. "This is possibly a human sacrifice, common during Pre-Incan and Incan times. Historians have written for example that during the times of the famous 'capacocha' -- situations where the Incans died or could have died -- they sacrificed children in the areas close to large mountains to honour the mountains," Bayabar added.
Case closed as far as i am concerned, took me all of 3 minutes research....
Source:www.ntn24.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

They say the hole in the head calls for attention. I wonder if they suspect this being was killed?
Its eye sockets really draw my attention. They must of been huge!
edit on 12-3-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
France! We come from France!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Posted about it a week ago, didnt make a thread about it though.
I do think it's human. And I see '''just'' something similar with those other strange skulls found in Peru.

What I found interesting/weird is that another baby skull (also found in Peru) also got full grown teeth!?
Notice the clothing detail this baby has as well (when zoomed in), very nice... And shouldn't this baby/kid have some contruction instead on her skull for making the skull longer? or is she born this way?

edit on 12-3-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Probably another humanoid species. This person would have done well in England 600 years ago. Head size was thought of as a trait of intelligence back then. If you ate Hazelnuts you were considered an intellect to. Smoking a pipe portrayed intelligence. Hazelnut consumption and nicotine use are the only two that have any possible merit on intellect. The nicotine only increases intellect if there is a problem with acetycholine not tying into the receptors right.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't think there is any alien to it, just an abnormal human child. but still an interesting find

The soft spot, which is the point on top of the child's head where the cranium plates meet, should normaly be closed when the child reach an age of 2 years.

www.ivillage.com...

The "soft spot" is the area on top of the head where the bones of the skull have not quite joined. During pregnancy, the skull develops sort of like a jigsaw puzzle; it's not all one bone, but rather many bones that eventually meet and fuse. Read More www.ivillage.com... Sign up for iVillage Special Offers

On this child there is a hole, so i think that the child suffered a head injury, that made the brain swell and push the plates away from each other, and the child propably died from this injury.

www.webmd.com...

Your brain can also swell as a result of injury, illness, or other reasons. Brain swelling, though, can quickly cause serious problems -- including death. It's also usually more difficult to treat. That's because as your body's master control system, the brain is critical to your overall function. Yet, the thick, bony skull that snugly protects this vital organ provides little room for the brain to swell.

edit on 12-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by gort51

sadly it will be like that,people would still call fake if it was alive and kicking

even if it fell from the sky and landed right in the lap of Chadwickus.....

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'd like a few pics from other angles, like pointing out this 'fin' on the jaw, merely out of curiosity, since they are the same photos of different sizes. Not disputing the size or eye holes.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I agree. 20 inches is the size and thats about the average newborn length.

Maybe just a dwarf is my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Probably had eyes the size of a flying squirrel in relation to head size. Nocturnal human. I see girls sometimes with big eyes. They are kinda cute.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
My Preeeecciouuus!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Of course we are all aware that many cultures in Africa, Egypt and Europe, wrapped infants heads in bandages to purposely elongate the head, it was considered attractive?? Like African Long necks, that lip plate, elongated earlobes etc.
Quite possible the Mother of this child went overboard with the wrapping and made it too tight, therefore killing the child....It does seem to have quite a few teeth tho.
Humans are weird and wonderful creatures.....

I understand the reconstructed head of Tutankhamun shows an elongated skull of teenager.
The things we do for fashion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join